Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    I wonder why they darkened his form tho... Like I understand the mystery but if his appearance is not a surprise, why hide it? We knew what Deathwing looked like from the get go, we knew what Arthas looked like, etc etc. Maybe he is actually a titan for some reason. I'd be surprised if it was Elune. Could be possible but... It looks like a man... :-/.
    They litterally only showed us a drawing of deathwing's head during the first announcement because he didn't have a model yet, I assume this is a similar scenario.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2019-11-03 at 09:04 AM. Reason: clarity

They specifically said the jailer is a completely new character

/Thread

I realize they said throughout the course of Blizzcon that he's a new character we've never met before, but I'm not currently ready to write off the idea that was a BS smokescreen to preserve the reveal of his actual identity.

Seems extremely odd to build up such an air of mystery about him if he's nobody we care about. They didn't even give him a NAME just a title.

Two best theories seem to be Kel'thuzad and Ner'zhul.

Arthas makes less sense to me. Sylvanas loathes Arthas, it seems very unlikely they'd be in league together, even if they had a common goal. Plus she met the Jailer shortly after Arthas' death, so it seems like too short a span for him to make that transition, unless it was something he planned for all along, in the event of his eventual demise, which also seems unlikely. THAT said... he's clearly the biggest character of the three, who would make the biggest impact with the biggest reveal. BUT that also means if people disliked it, he'd stir the biggest backlash. But they brought Illidan back and people eventually swallowed it, so who knows. Just seems a little too on the nose to me. I do however think we'll see him in the Maw, whether he is or isn't also The Jailer.
    Last edited by TragedyAnn; 2019-11-03 at 02:15 PM.

I am old, Dean. Very old.

Wrong show?

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Sorry, not buying that at face value.. this is coming from the same people that said Sylvanas was morally grey, sooo...
    So they are outright lying then?

Gl with that theory

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This. Plus he looks nothing like Kel Thuzad.
    It's really irritating. People keep posting pictures of old characters and say "hey, look, he looks almost the same" and i'm just "No, he doesn't?"

About the only similarity we've seen is his headpiece looking similar to the Helm of Domination, which might well be on purpose. It might even be the original the Helm was meant to imitate.

Was Sylvanas morally grey?
    Comparing a goal vs actual result isn't quite the same as calling someone an outright liar my guy.

Surely you see the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's really irritating. People keep posting pictures of old characters and say "hey, look, he looks almost the same" and i'm just "No, he doesn't?"

About the only similarity we've seen is his headpiece looking similar to the Helm of Domination, which might well be on purpose. It might even be the original the Helm was meant to imitate.
    It's the king of all voidwalkers I'm calling it now

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it be Kel'Thuzad? He's just an ordinary human who was resurrected as a lich. The Jailer has supposedly existed since time immemorial.

It's either Mueh'zala or another completely new character. It won't be anyone we've seen before.

Considering Sylvanas recent motivations, it is Dormammu

Sorry, not buying that at face value.. this is coming from the same people that said Sylvanas was morally grey, sooo...
    No, it's not. Blizzard said the world is morally grey, not Sylvanas. People with poor memory claimed that Sylvanas is supposed to be morally grey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Considering Sylvanas recent motivations, it is Dormammu
    Well, with all the time travel shenanigans going on, that's going to be really confusing for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be stupid but... What if Jailer got connection to Burning Legion, when Kil'Jaeden wanted punish Ner'Zhul for his betrayal?

No because there is no difference. They're trying to cover their tracks to keep people from hitting the truth, trying to preserve the hype. Had people discovered Sylvanas' intents and gravitas of her actions before they played out do you believe they would approach the event with the same energy had they not? This is no different.

I'll believe them when the character is shown. Beside that, if it's a new character as they stated, what sense is there in keeping said characters features obstructed?
    Yeah u right they all lying to us it's really arthas just hunched over

I am hoping he is a Void Lord. The only way to salvage the various Faiths in Warcraft is for the Jailer to be a Void Lord and the Arbiter to be a Naaru, both servants and creations of Elune. If they make Elune the creator God, then all her creations like the Light, the Void, the Demons, the Old Gods, the Naaru, the Titans, the Wild Gods, etc, will all be playing out a grand story of the different aspects of her nature. The struggle between the Light, the Void and those in between, across time and the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It looks to me more like a nerubian thing.

It's Mueh'zala on this picture he's probably on his knee with his arm on his back and on the second time at the end of the presentation cinematic

we can see he got Troll arm like and as skinny than regular troll also that question that has been mention Chronicle his a POV of the Titan which
    we don't know the full story of the origin of the troll.

The real question is how old his Azeroth and who made the original Dark troll which becomes Elf because of the titan.

I'm not saying it's Arthas, what I'm not buying is that it's a completely new character new to the universe, outside of being the Jailor.
    They are trying so hard to expand and fill the universe of wow so they have more lore to use going forward, so with that in mind of course it's going to be a new character.

This expac is the first one ever where we are, more or less, completely detached from the shackles of WC3 or other old lore and get to explore something genuinely new to the WC universe.

I still think it's silly to assume that Blizz is just outright lying just because they suck at story telling, the two are exclusive traits

Burning Legion created the Scourge so this means that Kil'jaeden had something to do with the Jailer who helped craft the Helm of Domination and forge Frostmourne?

Quote Originally Posted by oradros View Post
    It's Mueh'zala on this picture he's probably on his knee with his arm on his back and on the second time at the end of the presentation cinematic

we can see he got Troll arm like and as skinny than regular troll also that question that has been mention Chronicle his a POV of the Titan which
    we don't know the full story of the origin of the troll.

The real question is how old his Azeroth and who made the original Dark troll which becomes Elf because of the titan.
    Yesterday in the Q&A Nathanosdevguy said it's someone we don't know yet. Of course it can mean that our in game characters don't know yet, but I undertsand it the way that he doesn't exist in lore yet.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get this and it feels like a retcon. Like didn't the Legion create the Lich King? Didn't they create the Helm of Domination? Like.... now the Lich King seems like this elemental part of the world when really wasn't it always a thing created by Space Demons to invade a planet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't really get this and it feels like a retcon. Like didn't the Legion create the Lich King? Didn't they create the Helm of Domination? Like.... now the Lich King seems like this elemental part of the world when really wasn't it always a thing created by Space Demons to invade a planet?
    That's why Sylvanas called him a usurper in the cinematic. He was holding a barrier that it seems the Jailer was looking to erode. He was never supposed to be there, and shattering the helm was like unplugging a leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.