Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Why do you think every single new class has a tank spec?

Why do you think that role is the only one that drastically changed throughout the years?

Yes it's a giant problem in vanilla, live with it, that's the vanilla experience, wasting time searching for tanks is part of that experience.
    + 1
    as a Tank, i'm well aware of how things used to be, and how things are now - they're basically the same, but since u got used to having loads of tanks in Retail or finding them via LFG, op probably became spoiled i guess.
    this is how things were, how they are, and how they shall remain!

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    I've literally tanked every 5 man as full fury spec with a shadow priest healer, it's not hard, most of the time I don't even use full tanking gear.

Probably referring to fact that you make a wall of text on why you can't tank as fury when tanking as fury is just getting fed more rage and doing more damage.
    That might be your experience, but my experience has been pretty different. I’ve tanked up to the beginning of BRD pretty easily. Maybe players have better gear now and it isn’t much of an issue, but I found that I couldn’t stay alive very well doing Strat, Scholo, or UBRS. It also seemed like my threat wasn’t the greatest. I know fury in theory pulls more threat than full prot, but I’m pretty sure that’s at higher gear levels than what we have currently. I don’t think I have enough hit rating that isn’t tied to leather gear (devilsaur set, truestrike shoulders) to get that big boost in Aggro.

Oh and I’ve had groups kick me for being Fury tank btw lol. That’s not nearly as common, but some people are not aware that it’s a thing you can do. I use whatever addon it is that shows a more detailed breakdown of your stats. I think it shows your spec if two players have the addon and inspect one another. So I’ve been called an idiot for joining somebody’s LFG as a tank in fury spec.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2019-11-20 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    That might be your experience, but my experience has been pretty different. I’ve tanked up to the beginning of BRD pretty easily. Maybe players have better gear now and it isn’t much of an issue, but I found that I couldn’t stay alive very well doing Strat, Scholo, or UBRS. It also seemed like my threat wasn’t the greatest. I know fury in theory pulls more threat than full prot, but I’m pretty sure that’s at higher gear levels than what we have currently. I don’t think I have enough hit rating that isn’t tied to leather gear (devilsaur set, truestrike shoulders) to get that big boost in Aggro.

Oh and I’ve had groups kick me for being Fury tank btw lol. That’s not nearly as common, but some people are not aware that it’s a thing you can do. I use whatever addon it is that shows a more detailed breakdown of your stats. I think it shows your spec if two players have the addon and inspect one another. So I’ve been called an idiot for joining somebody’s LFG as a tank in fury spec.
    You dont need any extra +hit gear as a dual-wield tank, as your off-hand dont have a dual-wield hit penalty as long as a heroic strike or cleave is queued up. The best fury tank gear is pretty much exactly the same as the best prot tank gear.

You should still carry a shield with you, but most of the time theres no reason to wear it.

Maybe players have better gear now and it isn’t much of an issue,
    I hit 60 in week 2 and tanked everything in mostly dps gear that I got.

but I found that I couldn’t stay alive very well doing Strat, Scholo, or UBRS.
    You or your healers are doing something wrong.

Oh and I’ve had groups kick me for being Fury tank btw lol. That’s not nearly as common, but some people are not aware that it’s a thing you can do.
    Sounds like you are doing something wrong, people don't care if you are fury if you hold aggro and do good damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    You dont need any extra +hit gear as a dual-wield tank, as your off-hand dont have a dual-wield hit penalty as long as a heroic strike or cleave is queued up. The best fury tank gear is pretty much exactly the same as the best prot tank gear.
    It’s not “extra hit” it’s just hit cap for me. Maybe I need to go farm DM:N tribute runs for those agi hit rings or something lol. I don’t have any MC tanking gear as I’m not a main tank, so there’s some hit rating to be missed there as well sadly.

What pre raid tanking gear has hit? Cuz right now my hit gear is like... devilsaur set, mail boots from scholo, the Unforgiven’s leather helm, leather true strike shoulders, the green trinket from the elite Hinterlands area, and the ring from Princess.
    If I put on actual plate gear I’d have like 2% hit chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Sounds like you are doing something wrong, people don't care if you are fury if you hold aggro and do good damage.
    The times I’ve been kicked were while the group was still forming. They did not want to see how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    They're low supply because they suck at anything but dedicated tanking, that's Blizzard's fault for being bad at balancing way back when.

Refer to above statement.

Granted, it leads to tanks feeling entitled because they are 'special', and I despise that.
    Yes it's blizzard fault's. So what? They will certainly not give gold for people to tank lol they don't need to run dungeons. DPS do and so they should pay. The same reason why mages ask for a gold when you ask for a portal.

Tanks tend to play the game instead of looking for groups. So they run about two dungeons in the time it takes a DD to finish one.
    They can also lock gear as much as they want, dicate group composition and in general need a lot of gear that other people cant use.

Also tons of tanks seem to be some sort of perfectionist who have a nervous breakdown when not everything is aggroing them during a pull. Which is not how classic tanking works, especially in a pug. So lots of tanks I know refuse to tank with anyone but their "indoctrinated" friends.
    And tons of other people seem to not want to tank because you are the guy who needs to not misspull and wipe the group. So lots of druids and warriors refuse to tank, even though they easily could.

So yeah...there is going to be a tank shortage. And it's going to get worse, the more tank players are done with the dungeon part of the game.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Lol for real. The answer to that question is within ourselves. Just ask yourself "why am i not playing a prot warrior". You'll find the answer.
    Beside I'm sure all these mofo dps complaining always kill warriors on sight (for those who are in a pvp realm).

So I’ve been called an idiot for joining somebody’s LFG as a tank in fury spec.
    I'm not calling you a liar, but the vast majority of players won't be able to tell you're fury unless you specificly tell them.
    Just keep aggro, if you're really worried about them thinking you might not be prot throw a random shieldbash once in a while so it looks like you're shieldslaming.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    The vast majority of players won't be able to tell you're fury unless you specificly tell them.
    Just keep aggro, if you're really worried about them thinking you might not be prot throw a random shieldbash once in a while so it looks like you're shieldslaming.
    There’s an addon that shows more detailed player stats. It also shows users who have the addon whah spec you’re in if they inspect you.

Also I am always upfront about being a fury tank because it’s going to be pretty obvious when I run in with two swords equipped >.>

There’s an addon that shows more detailed player stats. It also shows users who have the addon whah spec you’re in if they inspect you.

Also I am always upfront about being a fury tank because it’s going to be pretty obvious when I run in with two swords equipped >.>
    I'm aware, but most don't use that addon. I didn't say all, I said the vast majority of players.

Did you even read the post? At all? I made a warrior knowing I would be raiding and knowing I would be a valuable asset to my raid team as either a DPS OR a tank based on what they needed. Turns out they already have 2 main tanks and 2 off tanks. Kay. So I’m DPS. I’m also playing one of the worst gold farming classes. And there’s solid mathematical evidence to support the lack of tanks.
    I’m a raider. Current raid is 40 people with 2 tanks. That’s 1 tank per 20 people.
    Dungeon groups are 1 tank per 5 people.
    If everybody is spec’d to raid, you are going to have a tank shortage.

I ABSOLUTELY would be prot on non raid nights when I want to do dungeons if I could make 100g easily enough in a week (I’m actually leveling a mage right now for the sole purpose of gold farming for spec change money). I make like 20 gold per hour if I’m lucky just farming mobs in EPL for grays. 20-30g per hour off Satyrs for Felcloth in felwood if that spot is open. But I can’t solo Tyr’s Hand elites like a mage or hunter can, and I definitely can’t do Lasher farm runs like a mage.
    I read "Blame us for... what exactly?" Then i awnsered that.

It’s not “extra hit” it’s just hit cap for me. Maybe I need to go farm DM:N tribute runs for those agi hit rings or something lol. I don’t have any MC tanking gear as I’m not a main tank, so there’s some hit rating to be missed there as well sadly.

What pre raid tanking gear has hit? Cuz right now my hit gear is like... devilsaur set, mail boots from scholo, the Unforgiven’s leather helm, leather true strike shoulders, the green trinket from the elite Hinterlands area, and the ring from Princess.
    If I put on actual plate gear I’d have like 2% hit chance.
    Satyr's bow, tarnished elven ring, battleborn armbraces, brigam girdle, blackstone ring, and the horde hit trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic just came out / tanks are extinct already.

Wat.

Almost every single mmo has a surplus of dps, this isnt new, wasnt new and definitely not a surprise.

Since this is classic
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Haven't had any problems healing dps warrior tanks as a paladin so far even if they are in mediocre gear as long as they know when to swap for shield when there's heavy damage incoming. Tanking just has a stigma around it and people are afraid of doing it be it in prot spec or fury or w/e.

People have sold tank services for a long time now, not only in Classic.

Want a good tank, pay up. It's not much they ask for, and if you split it between the 4 others in the group, you will quickly earn it back from running the dungeon alone.

So either;
    - pay up
    - sit and wait in a city spamming "LF1M Tank"
    - or simply find an active guild with people who help each other out.

Be a problem solver, not a whiny bitch on a forum. Bitching solves nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking to a good friend of mine about this. He switched to Classic and rolled a warrior tank, wanting those old-school strategic dungeons where you marked and controlled mobs, but most of the groups he ended up in want to treat them like Freehold M0.

Pulling tons of extra crap, or bitching instead of CCing ('wtf its just classic u retard' being an example), etc. So he went and switched to Fury and hasn't looked back since.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Blizzard incompetence that lead to this kind of problem. At end game for a raiding guild, very few tanks are needed compared to other roles. Only one class was really supported by Blizzard in tanking. This creates a drought of tanks eventually that will be repeated again.

Classic was an amazing game, but Blizzard really had no idea what they were doing back then.

Nope, you're the only one who is extinct. Plenty of tanks around.