Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ow boohoo big bad Blizzard doesn't make game for "fans" anymore..

Where are all those amazing games you made after you left Blizzard then? O.. wait you barely made anything noteworthy so stfu.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2019-11-25 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Taking what people who left the company more than a decade and a half ago says as gospel is pretty silly.

While Blizzard is obviously much bigger these days than it was in 2003, its pretty fucking dumb to assume, that all the people working on the games, don't care about the work that they do.
    Well obviously some if not many of them care about what they do. It's all about what they're being told to do.
    It matters nothing that people care about creating some really good features/games when the boss does not want a really good feature but wants a feature that milks money.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Ow boohoo big bad Blizzard doesn't make game for "fans" anymore..

Where are all those amazing games you made after you left Blizzard then? O.. wait you barely made anything noteworthy so stfu.
    They're just stating that Blizzard's priorities changed over the years as they grew bigger. Why would you get so worked up over this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They're just stating that Blizzard's priorities changed over the years as they grew bigger. Why would you get so worked up over this?
    Because it's not the first time.. Brevik has been droning about this for years and it's getting old and annoying. Not to mention all the idiots that take this kind of shit and use it as fuel to open more hate-filled threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Because it's not the first time.. Brevik has been droning about this for years and it's getting old and annoying. Not to mention all the idiots that take this kind of shit and use it as fuel to open more hate-filled threads.
    What are hate-filled threads?

It's obvious that they're no longer making games for nerds that play D&D in their parents basements.

They're trying to adapt to nowadays standard. Of course that's kinda sad for veterans(and people like me), but that how it goes. Times change... and it's normal that companies are focusing on making money than trying to make a fantasy world and make a few people dream come true(Metzen and others who put soul into games).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What are hate-filled threads?
    The kind thats only made to have a big circle jerk about how aweful Blizzard is, I'm sure you've seen them around.

I expected more QQ from the ClassiCucks because of that Comic tbh.

Instead I got disappoint with „Real Gamorz“-Nerdrages. MMOC, you can do better.

That DLC. Priceless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    "Oh cool an interview with the original Diablo creators and a big screenshot of the main baddie of Diablo4! I can't wait to read their opinions on Diablo4 and where the franchise is going, and how Diablo3's gory aesthetic is gonna hold up in comparison to the original Diablo and Diablo2 and the less-gory Diablo3 and...

.... oh."
    Yeah, it is fucking silly. Those and especially that Brevik is only around to destroy any credibility blizzard has, so of course they disguise another rant within a "Diablo Interview".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm conspiracy theory you say? I think it is not conspiracy theory, if you do everything to appease china goverment and shareholders.

You know what? Even indie developers are not much scummy like Activision, EA, Ubisoft or Epic Games. Okay maybe Ubisoft in smaller amounts, but still remember Assasin's Creed Odyssey boosters?

this interview is a big piece of lying bullshit!

It was already stated in the forum topic about this interview, that it's a very bias one sided opinion, from a grumpy ex dev that's anti blizzard.. So why this is front news is beyond me tbh.
    Last edited by Winoralu; 2019-11-25 at 02:35 PM.

Worked on the original Diablo, the game my roommate in college played all damn night. I can still hear the endless thwackthwackthwackthwackthwack from the bow his character used echoing in my head. But these guys left in 2003---That was 16 years ago; before WoW, before Activision-Blizzard, in that intrim between TFT and what most people know of Blizz. Why are they relevant other than for late-90's nostalgia?

Wait, they left 13 (THIRTEEN!) years ago and are still commenting on current Blizzard? MOVE ON! There is nothing useful they can say about the current state of affairs at Activision-Blizzard.

Why is this in the front page?

Thats like an anon forum rage thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of stuff is the same reason i hate seeing Mark Kern mentioned as a reliable source. Mostly really old school Blizzard employees who are just speculating. Half the time i see "Inside information from a Blizzard Employee" i get excited, but bam it is always one of them. The fact people rally behind them blows my mind because they do nothing but harm their arguments.

Blizzard is now a video game empire that has to appease shareholders.
    Then they will circle the sinkhole as they spiral down towards death. You appease your fans.custimers, which has the byproduct of making your shareholders happy. Not the other way around.

I knew it was him.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    It's good to finally hear what we have all known to be true for many years now from ex-Blizzard itself.

The company is in the moneymaking business now, not in the business of making great games.
    Since when were those two things exclusive of each other?

It was not handed perfectly, however, and that's why Blizzard apologized.
    Did i miss an apology? Only thing i've seen was the opening of Blizzcon and that definitely wasn't an apology.