Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    J. Allen Brack was right ... we thought we do but we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I'll be sad if they do that.. i'm not playing classic to have my progression killed by a expansion release like it is every time on retail
    They will obviously just release additional expansion servers, with the Classic servers remaining separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, classic players who thinks classic > retail and everyone will play classic instead of retail if both got "new" content at the same time.

How unexpected.
    Hi

L O L

People play classic only on "reset" day, theres nothing to do in the game compared to normal WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Fucking lol.

Yeah, definitely people would skip the biggest biennial event in PC gaming to play Zul'Gurub.
    Of course, that 1-2 hour of ZG every 3 days will definitely keep playerbase busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    L O L

People play classic only on "reset" day, theres nothing to do in the game compared to normal WoW
    But people said raiding will require 24/7 gameplay to farm consumables!
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2019-12-01 at 02:47 PM.

By the time Shadowlands releases even the last one will have found out how fucking boring classic is.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    They will obviously just release additional expansion servers, with the Classic servers remaining separate.
    But people will move to the "New thing" and the previous one will be a ghost town

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    If you can't make your own fun in classic and has to have some thing hand-hold you, then you are not playing the correct game.

You and every one like you is the reason why the LookingForGroup chat is so dead now.. just a few months after release, I remember a 2 months ago, when there were strat, scholo, Spire groups shouting every minute and a lot of them.. same as with low lvl dungeons.. But now, it's so quiet.. Just because people can't just do dungeons for the fun of it, they have to have a reason or push to do it, and can't just do it for "fun"
    People can do things for fun a few times, after that they need incentives. That's human nature and completely predictable. And once you have the items you want from dungeons, there's precious little reason to go back to the place for hours on end, especially with the current gank fiesta.

People wanted an alternative from Live's push for content to last lots longer through stuff like TF and AP and RNG. Well in Classic your alternative is being completely done with rewarding content after a set amount of time and having no reason whatsoever to log back in to do things you've already done. This is obviously exacerbated by player knowledge and skill being far higher in Classic than in was in vanilla, meaning people cut through the game far faster, meaning the honeymoon of "this is so fresh and fun!" ends that much quicker to make way for typical MMO busywork.

I'll be sad if they do that.. i'm not playing classic to have my progression killed by a expansion release like it is every time on retail
    what progression? it takes 2 months to completely max a character in classic. youre saying you cant do that in 2 years?

But people will move to the "New thing" and the previous one will be a ghost town
    Doubt it. With all the Classic-fanatics who thinks everything after Classic sucks. If anything, Blizzard will just get more subs, because some of us are interested in playing certain expansions, but not Classic or retail.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    what progression? it takes 2 months to completely max a character in classic. youre saying you cant do that in 2 years?
    I guess you are very lucky with loot drops, and your guild has a nice system to specificlly funnel gear to you,

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if people get tired from all this reaching.

Could be getting rushed because content is cleared instantly and people have nothing to do, which ends up with people unsubbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

Wow Classic Forum post is below:

Remove the [space] in the link, as MMO champion prohibits posting urls.

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    Bwahahaha... Yeah, right. Sorry. Classic is being rushed because Classic's only profit is that you guys subscribe to play it. It doesn't help in the development of further tools, nor story. It has no future goal other than telling you an interactive story that you can live almost as though back in the days.

Classic is a heartwarming place to go and relive the adventures, maybe meet others who are too - some even meet and agree to be friends on retail/progression servers.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2019-12-01 at 03:00 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    classic is being rushed because people have nothing to do in classic for long periods of time,this isnt 2005,do you want to wait 6 months for the next patch?

the problem is that there are 2 types of players in classic:

- ppl that solely play classic (because of various reasons). lets give this a number. lets say 1.
    - ppl that play retail and classic at the same time. lets give this a number. lets say 2.

and each of both of these types are structured again in 2 categories:

- ppl that invest much time. lets give this a char. lets say A.
    - ppl that invest not that much time. lets give this a char. lets say B.

this leads to the following problems:

- 1A players are quickly out of content in classic and get bored. what should blizz do to respect their 12 dollars ?
    - 2A players have problems when both games release stuff at the same time and get in descission trouble.
    - 2B players loose the track and the masses are far away too soon in classic if too rushed.

i am a type 2B player. i love classic, but i also do not stop playing retail. the fact that classic is somewhat rushed kills classic for me. because i have sparse time to invest, and while keeping up2date in retail, in classic i lost connection. thats very sad. i hoped classic could be a filler for me and good addition to retail. but in the end it just forces you to decide between the two, when you are not a student, 16 or unemployed. thats somewhat stupid. on the other side i can understand that ppl that solely pay 12 dollars a month for classic and dont play retail, not wanna be bored most of the time.

in my oppinion it was a mistake to not release a completely fixed release shedule, in the first place, that orientates on the original patch release cycles. the most important thing here would have been that ppl knew before started playing wow classic (mostly type 1A), how long they are bored and for what they pay.

but blizzard is marketing and greed driven and ofc wanna keep control to decide when to release what stuff in both games, to fit for making most profit. also they need to be able to decide that strategically at any time in the future to push quarter numbers, plan accordingly or fill up holes. a fixed time shedule for classic do not allow this and in the end costs blizz some dollars.

sad for me, because that more or less killed classic for me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-01 at 03:01 PM.

Power Fantasy: The Thread

I dont think they will close classic once tbc launches

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    So people just want constant content that provides reward and character power progression.. But somehow classic is better than retail?

Feels like you all want the good parts of Retail and the good parts of classic in the same game, But remove the bad parts of both completly.
    Classic or retail being bettet is subjective and not a fact. There are people who prefer classic and people who prefer retail

So it should, seeing as it's not the primary game. However, seeing as they have a separate team for it then that's not the case. Classic was a buggy pile of shxt and it really wasn't this immaculate experience people made it out to be, so it's going how one would expect it to go tbh.

Either that or they don't want people unsubbing during the end of BfA content drought. I doubt an year from now people will be clamoring to still be playing a 16 year-old game if they've been playing it for an year. Either way, they can do both so neither will be truly dead.