Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

TBC pvp vendors back

I miss this feature a lot. In fact, (and hate/flame me as much as you want), I miss the whole pvp system from TBC. Sure, a lot of people hated it but I never minded resilience, it sort of made it sense to me.

I don´t say that we need resilience back tho but pvp vendors, where you can select the items you wish to purchase. Everyone should be able to grind them and then of course I think there should be a bit higher rewards for the most dedicated pvpers, it would not be fair to allow casual pvpers to get the top items.

I think the current is the worse system we´ve got ever since. It is a random item (I know you can find out the order but still you have no choice) and if you just got an alt up, you even start by grinding lower "tier" items which are useless.

Wouldn´t it be cool to have a vendor with all the season equipment where you can see the cost of each piece? Then of course prices should be realistic and fair, I do not ask to give it all away for free. However, you do pick what you want at a time.

What they need to do is remove arena and move PvP progression to BGs. Unrated solo queue and rated solo queue. Arena is a dead game mode and PvP vendors won't fix it.

Just wait for TBC : Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    What they need to do is remove arena and move PvP progression to BGs. Unrated solo queue and rated solo queue. Arena is a dead game mode and PvP vendors won't fix it.
    COMPLETELY Agree

I've been waiting for Blizzard to do this for so long.

While I don't mind if Aren stays (which probably will forever), solo queue for RBGs would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Just wait for TBC : Classic
    And I will play the eff out of that game holy shit. I love classic, but TBC was the peak of WoW for me in terms of gameplay, raiding system, PvP system etc. It was a real MMORPG but still polished compared to the rough diamond vanilla was.

The only thing I don't like is the setting, hate haft the zones. TBC but in Azeroth would have been so dope

"I want a gear vendor to reward me for losing 10 games every week, please"

Solo queue would made me completely addicted to this game...i would not rest until i reach a desirable rating :3

Need solo queue for RBGs for sure. I don't do them anymore because I no longer have 10 friends that play from when I used to do hardcore PvP.

Resilience is needed back.

And PvP gear needs to be like BC where it can be obtained without rating limitations. It makes no sense to handicap someone lower rated against someone higher rated. They are better than you so you give the additional gear handicap to make it hard to compete with them? I was 2700 and find this bull shit. Even access to everyone who does PvP to the top end PvP gear and make PvP separate from PvE. If you want to make high rated play rewarded do it with transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I miss this feature a lot. In fact, (and hate/flame me as much as you want), I miss the whole pvp system from TBC. Sure, a lot of people hated it but I never minded resilience, it sort of made it sense to me.

I don´t say that we need resilience back tho but pvp vendors, where you can select the items you wish to purchase. Everyone should be able to grind them and then of course I think there should be a bit higher rewards for the most dedicated pvpers, it would not be fair to allow casual pvpers to get the top items.

I think the current is the worse system we´ve got ever since. It is a random item (I know you can find out the order but still you have no choice) and if you just got an alt up, you even start by grinding lower "tier" items which are useless.

Wouldn´t it be cool to have a vendor with all the season equipment where you can see the cost of each piece? Then of course prices should be realistic and fair, I do not ask to give it all away for free. However, you do pick what you want at a time.
    prefered TBC PvP not just the vendors and gear system, but overall class balance, too.

Also there was a lot of incentive to do random BGs with alts. Nowdays where is literally none. You get cp easier in warmode doing stuff and pvp isles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Vendors also work much better with mixed gear you have on your class from other sources.

But, BfA does not even have raid tier sets for each class, still in WoD we even had pvp class tiersets.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Oof, feeling personally attacked right now.
    To be fair, in the current system I'm pretty sure you can get max titanforged off-pieces from losing 1 BG can't you?

OT: I too enjoyed having to lose AV 30 times in a row to purchase my Black War Raptor :3 /s
    On a serious note, a PvP vendor similar to the Azerite vendor would be nice, albeit more varied and fleshed out.
    Such as "X buys you a random 445 PvP specific trinket or Y buys you a 445 on-use Vers trinket" etc.
    Seeing as armor pieces don't matter between PvE and PvP this function could largely be ignored, unless a pvp stat came back which I'm personally in favor of.

WoD had a decent way to handle PvP gear, as in the ilvl changed based on where you were in the world but I'm not sure if anyone else liked this.
    Maybe just Resil and PvP power again? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    COMPLETELY Agree

I've been waiting for Blizzard to do this for so long.
    Need to do this, and need to make time to kill much lower. As a skilled player, I need to have more influence over the outcome of the match. It should not take 3-4 ppl beating on a healer to kill it.

Let's not pretend the current system rewards being good, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss gear vendors in general. It was nice having off slots to work toward if you had bad luck with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Let's not pretend the current system rewards being good, please.
    I mean since you obviously don't need rating to get gladiator il gear.

wait nm

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Resilience is needed back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Maybe just Resil and PvP power again? /shrug
    how about no lol. I don't want to farm 2 entire sets of gear just to do M+ and play some random BGs every now and then. a vendor similar to the azerite vendor would be perfectly fine we don't need separate gear for PvE and PvP again that shit fucking sucked

first they need to make pvp mechanically not garbage, but rated solo que would suck and we already have skrims

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    first they need to make pvp mechanically not garbage, but rated solo que would suck and we already have skrims
    oh lol wow pvp will never not be garbage, so

oh lol wow pvp will never not be garbage, so
    while it will never be balanced, mechanically it can be 1000000000x better

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    while it will never be balanced, mechanically it can be 1000000000x better
    not with this engine it cant