Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Given that Freya personally did not empower Cenarius, he will not be stronger compared to the original Wild Gods
    Not all wild gods received power personally from Freya, some simply appeared from the energies of the Source of Eternity
    And Cenarius inherited the powers of Malorne, and although he is clearly weaker than his father, the strongest wild god of all
    Although Cenarius himself is weaker than his father, he is hardly inferior to other wild gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I remembered where I read it. Wasn't a tweet, blue post, or even manual, but it is WoWWiki, whose information people do use to support arguments for or against.

"Your young prince will find only death in the cold north."

"Return the blade... complete the circle... release me from this prison!"

With a great cry of strength, Arthas brought the might of Frostmourne to bear against the Lich King's icy prison and with a haunting scream, the Frozen Throne exploded, and shards of the crystal scattered on the ground. With Ner'zhul's thorny helm at his feet, Arthas leaned forward, picked it up and then placed the unimaginably powerful artifact on his head.

"Now," Ner'zhul's voice echoed within his mind and throughout the chamber, "we are one!"

It was at that moment, Ner'zhul and Arthas's spirits fused into a single mighty being, just as the Lich King had always planned. And thus one of the most powerful entities on Azeroth was born.
    Source:

Even if you dismiss it because it's a wiki, you have no source or argument that proves any of the Elemental Lords, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden and especially Mannoroth "can eat Lich King Arthas for breakfast." I mean in Firelands, of course Ragnaros likely wins, but on neutral grounds? Could go either way. Only Lei Shen was said by Blizzard to be definitely stronger than Arthas LK. No where in lore is it confirmed Ragnaros or Mannoroth could beat him. It was said the Lich King's power continued to grow, well beyond Kil'jaeden's control, if that's the case, an argument could be made his power grew to even challenge KJ, and surpassed Mannoroth's. Power levels in WoW are anything but set in stone. I certainly wouldn't consider The Lich King some jabroni given he is arguably the game's most popular character to mainstream and there is lore to support his power had no ceiling and went on to increase even beyond his creator's control.
    Is this some kind of stupid joke? I don’t care what is written in Wowwiki, it's not even Wowpedia
    Although the quote about the fact that Arthas is ONE OF the most powerful creatures on Azeroth is in the Chronicles
    But not the MOST POWERFUL, as originally claimed, and certainly Blizzard did not say this when the add-on was released

LOL what? Do you even know that it took two of the strongest Guardians to defeat Ragnaros, the battle lasted several weeks, and they won only because their metal skin protected them from the fire forces of Ragnaros? Arthas has no such protection. Why do I constantly have to ask people to read the Chronicles?
    Also, the demons of the Burning Legion do not belong to the creatures of Azeroth, so this quote hardly compares them with them. And if I can agree that disputes can arise about Mannoroth, then Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden are weaker than Arthas? Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen, which is about the same level as Xuen, that is, Lei Shen is at the level of the strongest wild gods. Archimonde killed Malorne, also one of the strongest wild gods, possibly the strongest
    Archimonde> Lei Shen = the strongest wild gods (Lei Shen is a little stronger, but his battle with Xuen took 30 days, which shows equality in power)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    It took Lei shen 30 days to beat not even the strongest wild god so we can easily assume creatures who are stronger than Xuen can beat Arthas LK.

Wild gods are weaker than titan keepers as they never reached powers the keepers had during their prime and at peak of their powers it took 2 titan keepers to beat 1 elemental lord.

Also "one of the strongest" azeroth at that point had easily over 50 creatures stronger than arthas
    50?
    Aspects, Elemental Lords, Wild Gods, Old Gods, but who else?

- - - Updated - - -

Cenarius is around Malornes level as he has powers from him and elune his mother only true deity atm.

Wc3 mannoroth said he would love to face cenarius "again" but cenarius is crafty and rarely comes out of hiding.

Meaning they fought before and they were equal in strength or mannoroth was stronger as otherwise he wouldn't want to face him again.
    Cenarius is not at the level of Malorne, he inherited his power over nature and forces, but the War of the Ancients shows well that Malorne is much stronger than his son

- - - Updated - - -

Also important to note, The Lich King was what, a few years old in existence when he was created, and his power grew out of Kil'jaeden's control within that small time frame, versus all these other beings who have existed for thousands of years. If Arthas' power as The Lich King, this perfect amalgamation of his body, Ner'zhul's mind, Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination all grew to this Godlike level within a few years, think how powerful he would have become in centuries' worth of lore, at least as long as some of these other beings we pit him against took to grow in power themselves. Left unchecked, it was just a matter of time before he surpassed not only his creator, but most of Azeroth's most ancient, powerful beings.
    Arthas, even if he had turned all the mortals on Azeroth into undead, would not have been nearly as strong as Aspect or Elemental Lord(although I am not sure about Al'Akir)

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Not all wild gods received power personally from Freya, some simply appeared from the energies of the Source of Eternity
    And Cenarius inherited the powers of Malorne, and although he is clearly weaker than his father, the strongest wild god of all
    Although Cenarius himself is weaker than his father, he is hardly inferior to other wild gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this some kind of stupid joke? I don’t care what is written in Wowwiki, it's not even Wowpedia
    Although the quote about the fact that Arthas is ONE OF the most powerful creatures on Azeroth is in the Chronicles
    But not the MOST POWERFUL, as originally claimed, and certainly Blizzard did not say this when the add-on was released

LOL what? Do you even know that it took two of the strongest Guardians to defeat Ragnaros, the battle lasted several weeks, and they won only because their metal skin protected them from the fire forces of Ragnaros? Arthas has no such protection. Why do I constantly have to ask people to read the Chronicles?
    Also, the demons of the Burning Legion do not belong to the creatures of Azeroth, so this quote hardly compares them with them. And if I can agree that disputes can arise about Mannoroth, then Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden are weaker than Arthas? Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen, which is about the same level as Xuen, that is, Lei Shen is at the level of the strongest wild gods. Archimonde killed Malorne, also one of the strongest wild gods, possibly the strongest
    Archimonde> Lei Shen = the strongest wild gods (Lei Shen is a little stronger, but his battle with Xuen took 30 days, which shows equality in power)

- - - Updated - - -

50?

- - - Updated - - -

Cenarius is not at the level of Malorne, he inherited his power over nature and forces, but the War of the Ancients shows well that Malorne is much stronger than his son

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas, even if he had turned all the mortals on Azeroth into undead, would not have been nearly as strong as Aspect or Elemental Lord(although I am not sure about Al'Akir)
    well lets start counting Yogg-saron, C'thun, N'zoth,G'huun, Xal'atath, Ragnaros, Therazane, Al'akir, Neptulon, Malorne, Cenarius, Ra-den,Hodir, Helya, Odyn, Freya, Thorim, Azshara, Medivh, Deathwing, Alestrasza, ysera, Malygos, Nozdormu, Medivh, Aeqwynn, Xuen, Xavius as the nightmare lord and there are 16 wild gods who I didn't even mention but its likely LK is at his peak was stronger than some of them but there are most likely Loas who are stronger than LK so yeah around 40. I'm sorry I just made an fast apromixation inside my head as I listing characters is annoying.

true but ALL other wild gods fell before cenarius did so from wild gods Cenarius still is most likely closest to Malornes power and all we have from xuen still he would be placed bellow Cenarius.

Terenas with a blessing from The Light.
    Yes but, I mean, it wasn't Uther. He did appear to us in the Halls of Reflection though.

- - - Updated - - -

50?
    Azshara comes to mind. Titan Keepers? Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. Kosumoth. Sintharia as we see her in BoT, perhaps? Off the top of my head.

well lets start counting Yogg-saron, C'thun, N'zoth,G'huun, Xal'atath, Ragnaros, Therazane, Al'akir, Neptulon, Malorne, Cenarius, Ra-den,Hodir, Helya, Odyn, Freya, Thorim, Azshara, Medivh, Deathwing, Alestrasza, ysera, Malygos, Nozdormu, Medivh, Aeqwynn, Xuen, Xavius as the nightmare lord and there are 16 wild gods who I didn't even mention but its likely LK is at his peak was stronger than some of them but there are most likely Loas who are stronger than LK so yeah around 40. I'm sorry I just made an fast apromixation inside my head as I listing characters is annoying.

true but ALL other wild gods fell before cenarius did so from wild gods Cenarius still is most likely closest to Malornes power and all we have from xuen still he would be placed bellow Cenarius.
    I don’t think that the Keepers of the times of Wotlk are stronger than the Lich King, in the end they lost to the heroes, and the Lich King, not even at full strength (remember that the destruction of his heart weakened him very much) defeated the heroes
    So the Lich King is at his prime>Wotlk Keepers

Hmm, I am ashamed that I forgot about Azshara

But I'm not sure that Medivh and Aegwynn are stronger than the Wotlk Lich King , as they both ceased to be Guardians
    I doubt that Loa is stronger than the Lich King, the greatest wild gods are named in the Chronicles and there are not a single Loa

I know very well what happened in the War of the Ancients
    Cenarius is strong, but weaker than Malorne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Yes but, I mean, it wasn't Uther. He did appear to us in the Halls of Reflection though.

- - - Updated - - -

Azshara comes to mind. Titan Keepers? Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. Kosumoth. Sintharia as we see her in BoT, perhaps? Off the top of my head.
    Yes, Azshara, I completely forgot about her
    Archimonde and KilJeden are not residents of Azeroth, not sure if they are considered
    But if you compare with all the creatures that have ever been on Azeroth, then yes, they are considered

Archimonde and KilJeden are not residents of Azeroth, not sure if they are considered
    But if you compare with all the creatures that have ever been on Azeroth, then yes, they are considered
    I actually meant Ozumat not Kosumoth :P

Okay so here's a hypothetical case: Imagine Mannoroth charging Icecrown Citadel and facing Bolvar and his little army like Sylvanas did. Would he be able to defeat Bolvar as well?

I mean, we're not sure about Bolvar's strength since he was unable to land a single hit on Sylvanas.

I don’t think that the Keepers of the times of Wotlk are stronger than the Lich King, in the end they lost to the heroes, and the Lich King, not even at full strength (remember that the destruction of his heart weakened him very much) defeated the heroes
    So the Lich King is at his prime>Wotlk Keepers

Hmm, I am ashamed that I forgot about Azshara

But I'm not sure that Medivh and Aegwynn are stronger than the Wotlk Lich King , as they both ceased to be Guardians
    I doubt that Loa is stronger than the Lich King, the greatest wild gods are named in the Chronicles and there are not a single Loa

I know very well what happened in the War of the Ancients
    Cenarius is strong, but weaker than Malorne

- - - Updated - - -

Its still likely that Ra-den and Odyn is stronger than LK as Ra-den still was on hc only boss ToT and it was mainly his power which granted lei shens powers originally and we see legion that Odyn can easily oneshot shadowpriest PC as´they have an option to ask what loken said to him before he was imprisoned and after that odyn gets angry and oneshots shadowpriest pc, well its possible they are not but that would still imply that LK and wild gods were stronger than C'thun and yogg-saron what we faced as blizz have said mythic and hard mode are cannon meaning facing yogg-saron without the help of keepers and c'thun in vanilla.

Well in chronicles 3 it was said medivh could alone stop the legions second invasion but wanted make that the world could survive without a guardiang as they can be corrupted and Aeqwynn without any guardiang power nearly defeated sargeras who was using medivh guardiang powers and his own power and in the end sargeras had to rip out all energies and life forces of creatures inside deadwind pass to defeat her and eventhough reviving medivh weakened her for sometime in wotlk times it would be 9 years after so her powers should have recovered quite a bit.

Well G'huun is an loa and hakkar most likely wasn't born at the azeroth beginning as in temple of atal'hakkar we see his is someway tied to emerald nightmare or using it on the green dragons there. Most Loas I would argue aren't strongh enough but some of them are like Rezan or Ueetay no Mueh'zala as he most likely is a servant of the jailor.

Also if we take cho'galls as the avatar of c'thun I would consider him above LK.

Good.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2019-12-17 at 01:07 PM.

I constantly stumbled upon this phrase on MMO before, stumbled on forums and elsewhere, but NOBODY and NEVER gave proof that this is so. One day, one man said that they said that Lizzard said that Arthas was the strongest creature in the patch, but there was no proof.

Fans always want their character to be the strongest
    On top of the overall epicness of the LK expansion and his general design, the biggest problem with the "power" of LK argument is the actual LK boss fight. He literally killed all the heroes of azeroth with a single aoe hit and claimed that he was toying with them the whole time preparing them to be his greatest champions. Yes we received assistance on some other boss fights but up until the last boss of legion, no other being managed to aoe one shot the whole raid of heroes (and that was a fucking titan of death). It took a literal divine intervention, a lucky/cheap shot by one of the greatest paladins in the world with ashbringer, and a second deus ex mass ressurrect for us to actually beat LK. It is clear that they wanted the fight to be epic but they didn't consider the implications of how such raw power would be interpreted by us going forward.

Based on that actual experience in game, it should be easy to understand how they got carried away about the power of LK. no simple blue quote can stop something that became a legend at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bolgor View Post
    Okay so here's a hypothetical case: Imagine Mannoroth charging Icecrown Citadel and facing Bolvar and his little army like Sylvanas did. Would he be able to defeat Bolvar as well?

I mean, we're not sure about Bolvar's strength since he was unable to land a single hit on Sylvanas.
    Bolvar would just go "HA HA" from the top of the citadel as Mannaroth wouldn't be able to fit through the entrance.

Considering that Bolvar could potentially be the strongest LK, according to alternative future that Velen foreseen once: In one possible future, he'd seen a successive Lich King rise from the Frozen Throne, even more terrible than Arthas or Ner'zhul, and sweep across the land with thousands of skeletal warriors in his wake. When the Legion returned, it was to a world already dead, (Prophet’s Lesson by Marc Hutcheson, p.5) And that we still don't know his real powers since Sylvanas pulled her Rule Breaker phantasm on him... I'll put my money on Bolvar and saronite rocks, for now.

Its still likely that Ra-den and Odyn is stronger than LK as Ra-den still was on hc only boss ToT and it was mainly his power which granted lei shens powers originally and we see legion that Odyn can easily oneshot shadowpriest PC as´they have an option to ask what loken said to him before he was imprisoned and after that odyn gets angry and oneshots shadowpriest pc, well its possible they are not but that would still imply that LK and wild gods were stronger than C'thun and yogg-saron what we faced as blizz have said mythic and hard mode are cannon meaning facing yogg-saron without the help of keepers and c'thun in vanilla.

Well in chronicles 3 it was said medivh could alone stop the legions second invasion but wanted make that the world could survive without a guardiang as they can be corrupted and Aeqwynn without any guardiang power nearly defeated sargeras who was using medivh guardiang powers and his own power and in the end sargeras had to rip out all energies and life forces of creatures inside deadwind pass to defeat her and eventhough reviving medivh weakened her for sometime in wotlk times it would be 9 years after so her powers should have recovered quite a bit.

Well G'huun is an loa and hakkar most likely wasn't born at the azeroth beginning as in temple of atal'hakkar we see his is someway tied to emerald nightmare or using it on the green dragons there. Most Loas I would argue aren't strongh enough but some of them are like Rezan or Ueetay no Mueh'zala as he most likely is a servant of the jailor.

Also if we take cho'galls as the avatar of c'thun I would consider him above LK.

Good.
    What nonsense, when we encountered Yogg-Saron and C'thun they were not at full strength (like the Lich King, but I think the Lich King was much closer to its peak than the Old Gods)
    Also, we did not fight with the strongest wild gods in Wotlk, only with little Loa
    I spoke of the Keepers of Ulduar; Ra and Odyn, perhaps truly stronger than the Lich King.

LOL what? The Chronicles never said that Medivh alone could stop the invasion of the Legion. He just needed to unite everyone in order to save the world.
    Aegwynn defeated Sargeras in Medivh's body with the help of the blue dragon and her experience of fighting against demons, that is, experience against Fel magic. Aegwynn has no experience against Death magic.

G'huun is not a loa. Otherwise, we acknowledge that C'thraxxi is also a loa, because the trolls called him that.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2019-12-17 at 05:06 PM.

in these versus threads, nobody wins, because nobody is willing to actually speak objectively on the topic. it's always head-canon warped opinions somehow construing official lore sources.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    On top of the overall epicness of the LK expansion and his general design, the biggest problem with the "power" of LK argument is the actual LK boss fight. He literally killed all the heroes of azeroth with a single aoe hit and claimed that he was toying with them the whole time preparing them to be his greatest champions. Yes we received assistance on some other boss fights but up until the last boss of legion, no other being managed to aoe one shot the whole raid of heroes (and that was a fucking titan of death). It took a literal divine intervention, a lucky/cheap shot by one of the greatest paladins in the world with ashbringer, and a second deus ex mass ressurrect for us to actually beat LK. It is clear that they wanted the fight to be epic but they didn't consider the implications of how such raw power would be interpreted by us going forward.

Based on that actual experience in game, it should be easy to understand how they got carried away about the power of LK. no simple blue quote can stop something that became a legend at that point.
    The chronicles clearly state that it was a long and hard battle and that the Lich King used all his fury. So no, he wasn’t playing, this is an old ENT.
    Illidan defeated the heroes and prepared to kill them, they were saved by the intervention of Maiev.
    In Votlk there was a boss in the dungeon who lowered the heroes' health to 1 and healed them, because he was bored.
    And why am I again reading this stupid nonsense about DIVINE INTERVENTION? LIGHT HAS NO MIND. LIGHT IS NOT GOD. LIGHT IS JUST FORCE.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

50?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Nowhere was it indicated that Malorne is the strongest wild god.

Nowhere was it indicated that Malorne is the strongest wild god.
    This is evident from his exploits in the War of the Ancients.
    Have you ever read this book? Of all the wild gods, it seems that only Xuen is close to him by power

This is evident from his exploits in the War of the Ancients.
    Have you ever read this book? Of all the wild gods, it seems that only Xuen is close to him by power
    It is nowhere written that he is the strongest, ANYWHERE. One of, no more.

It is nowhere written that he is the strongest, ANYWHERE. One of, no more.
    Tell me which the wild god stronger than Malorne and prove why

What nonsense, when we encountered Yogg-Saron and C'thun they were not at full strength (like the Lich King, but I think the Lich King was much closer to its peak than the Old Gods)
    Also, we did not fight with the strongest wild gods in Wotlk, only with little Loa
    I spoke of the Keepers of Ulduar; Ra and Odyn, perhaps truly stronger than the Lich King.

LOL what? The Chronicles never said that Medivh alone could stop the invasion of the Legion. He just needed to unite everyone in order to save the world.
    Aegwynn defeated Sargeras in Medivh's body with the help of the blue dragon and her experience of fighting against demons, that is, experience against Fel magic. Aegwynn has no experience against Death magic.

G'huun is not a loa. Otherwise, we acknowledge that C'thraxxi is also a loa, because the trolls called him that.
    Yeah they were not at their full strongeth but even yogg-saron was seen as a threat from ulduar and we defeating him without help or c'thun without any help would place their imprisoned powers pretty low and place them weaker than malygos.

I can accept that keepers of ulduar were weaker.

Well chronicles 3 page 38 " Aegwynn urged her son to use his guardiang powers against the legion, but medivh had other ideas. His corruption had taught him the danger on relying on a single Guardian to protect the world." Meaning during wc3 medivh still had his full guardiang powers and how long they lasted o Aegwynn and how they were still with medivh after his death means medivh have most likely all the guardian powers.

From chronicles two "When Aegwynn was temporarily incapacitated, Arcanagos joined in.

However, despite being a blue dragon, Arcanagos was severely outmatched. Sargeras struck him down, burning him from the inside out until all that was left was bone. Her friend's death sent Aegwynn further into a rage, and as their duel continued, Aegwynn slowly gained the upper hand."
    Meaning blue Dragon was pretty easily killed and only after his death Aeqwynn gained upper hand and chronicles 2 made it an point sargeras was using guardiang powers which were mostly arcane ad such not really going against and many dreadlords use death magic and Aeqwynn mostly likely killed some.

Loas are creatures which trolls worship.

Yeah they were not at their full strongeth but even yogg-saron was seen as a threat from ulduar and we defeating him without help or c'thun without any help would place their imprisoned powers pretty low and place them weaker than malygos.

I can accept that keepers of ulduar were weaker.

Well chronicles 3 page 38 " Aegwynn urged her son to use his guardiang powers against the legion, but medivh had other ideas. His corruption had taught him the danger on relying on a single Guardian to protect the world." Meaning during wc3 medivh still had his full guardiang powers and how long they lasted o Aegwynn and how they were still with medivh after his death means medivh have most likely all the guardian powers.

From chronicles two "When Aegwynn was temporarily incapacitated, Arcanagos joined in.

However, despite being a blue dragon, Arcanagos was severely outmatched. Sargeras struck him down, burning him from the inside out until all that was left was bone. Her friend's death sent Aegwynn further into a rage, and as their duel continued, Aegwynn slowly gained the upper hand."
    Meaning blue Dragon was pretty easily killed and only after his death Aeqwynn gained upper hand and chronicles 2 made it an point sargeras was using guardiang powers which were mostly arcane ad such not really going against and many dreadlords use death magic and Aeqwynn mostly likely killed some.

Loas are creatures which trolls worship.
    In the battle with Yogg-Saron, you yourself decide whether the Guardians will help you or not, do not confuse this with additional bosses like Cho'Gall in Draenor

Can you prove that Medivh alone could have stopped the invasion of the Legion?

Yes, that's it, before the intervention of the dragon, Aegwynn was losing and only after his death could she win.
    How did you get the idea that these random natrezymes possess the magic of death as well as the Lich King? And they don't use death magic so often, much more often they use Void magic

In the battle with Yogg-Saron, you yourself decide whether the Guardians will help you or not, do not confuse this with additional bosses like Cho'Gall in Draenor

Can you prove that Medivh alone could have stopped the invasion of the Legion?

Yes, that's it, before the intervention of the dragon, Aegwynn was losing and only after his death could she win.
    How did you get the idea that these random natrezymes possess the magic of death as well as the Lich King? And they don't use death magic so often, much more often they use Void magic
    Its has being usually being in lore that "hard modes" or "special achs" are canon like mythic archimonde or gamon surviving in SoO.

Well he has the same powers as Aegwynn had as Guardian and she Medivh had seen legions plan before being revived and he explained them to Aegwynn and her experience with legion would give what she said pretty huge weigh as she suggested medivh would deal with legion also the point is that guardian powers of medivh are stronger than LK.

Her anger drove her not that dragon really helped him as blue Dragon was outmatched and easily defeated.

Nathrezim posessed death magic pretty well as they use in WotA and well not really as well as LK but well enought they managed to go shadowlands and steal plate of the Damned and helm of dominion from the maw and even escape from there. So powerwise Aegwynn would most likely have experience on death magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Mannoroth hands down. Bolvar is a pussy who can't even take on Sylvanas with his potentially limitless undead army
    Well first off they made Sylvanas OP for the story, second he didn't exactly have his army amassed and ready to fight when he probably wasn't even expecting her.