Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Allied Race Death Knight Skin Colors?

Hey there folks! So about the new Allied Race DKs, do you think they will also input the undead skin tones like the other races (I.E. Pale Green, Gray, and Pale Blue), and alternate hair colors? I know they said they were not adding new customization to the Allied races but does this get an exemption?

3+ Year Old Account
    They might change their minds if a lot of people ask for them. Personally I'd like my Zandalari DK to have a skull face and visible bones like Bwonsamdi
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

That'd be lazy and disappointing if they didn't include those.

I can say that I tested this today on the PTR and they're currently not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    They might change their minds if a lot of people ask for them. Personally I'd like my Zandalari DK to have a skull face and visible bones like Bwonsamdi
    So much this!

man, i'm still waiting for the new dances they promised us back in WotLK

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So much this!

There's this too, but I'm pretty sure it's for original trolls only
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

They've already data mined DK skins for all of the Allied Races and Pandaren. They just haven't put them in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    They've already data mined DK skins for all of the Allied Races and Pandaren. They just haven't put them in yet.
    Where is your source for that?

Edit: Sorry for the late reply.

yeh, haven't heard abt this either.

I do hope they add DK exclusive skins and hair colors, but i don't think it's gonna happen now and instead will come with the expanded customization.

Here is where I originally saw it from. https://www.wowhead.com/news=295579/...rypted-lich-ki
    All of this skins are regular allied race skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    All of this skins are regular allied race skins.
    Ah... If that is the case I apologize. It appears I was wrong then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ah... If that is the case I apologize. It appears I was wrong then.
    No worries, it is easy to be confused considering it should be expected that we get 1 or 2 "dead" skins for them. I usually don't complain and I'm easily won over, but this feels lazy. At least they get cool eyes though!
    Frostborn as a future playable race plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    No worries, it is easy to be confused considering it should be expected that we get 1 or 2 "dead" skins for them. I usually don't complain and I'm easily won over, but this feels lazy. At least they get cool eyes though!
    Yea the updated DK eyes look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Durgo View Post
    Where is your source for that?

Edit: Sorry for the late reply.
    This is literally how they knew death knights were coming for allied races in the first place. I don't know when MMO-champion did it, but I found the skins on WoWhead a couple weeks before Blizzcon IIRC. Not going to dig them up, however, and they seemed like they might be unfinished (it's hard to tell what a skin looks like unless it's on a model, after all).

Not even bothering to add some skins with the allied race DKs would be some lazy, disappointing corner cutting.

I hope they’re just not here yet.

Im hoping for all-black fur for pandaren. Perhaps even a brown mangled one that looks like the bears from plaguelands.

A sickly green vulpera and a rusted mechagnome would be cool as well, and some kind of skin-coloured velf. (Nightborne DKs will look like Nelfs anyways, so why not velf/belf?)

Edit: pandaren laugh with DK-echo. Horrifying

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    This is literally how they knew death knights were coming for allied races in the first place. I don't know when MMO-champion did it, but I found the skins on WoWhead a couple weeks before Blizzcon IIRC. Not going to dig them up, however, and they seemed like they might be unfinished (it's hard to tell what a skin looks like unless it's on a model, after all).
    Let me elaborate, thought I was clear, I mean the sickly green, pale grey, or ash colored skins that DKs get specifically. We know there are "skins" for DK models but those aren't the same as the skin colors. There are, so far, -no- dead flesh coloration for Allied Race DKs. You can also look up the thread and see that was answered a few post ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Im hoping for all-black fur for pandaren. Perhaps even a brown mangled one that looks like the bears from plaguelands.

A sickly green vulpera and a rusted mechagnome would be cool as well, and some kind of skin-coloured velf. (Nightborne DKs will look like Nelfs anyways, so why not velf/belf?)

Edit: pandaren laugh with DK-echo. Horrifying
    I'm excited for the Void Elf laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Not even bothering to add some skins with the allied race DKs would be some lazy, disappointing corner cutting.

I actually fear that might be the case...which would be not worth the money I haphazardly paid. Hindsight 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

New skip options plus a couple new hair colors should absolutely be the minimum for allied race DKs come January 14th. If they don't do that, well... I'll just continue to be disappointed and jaded with the dev team.

I was actually hoping for that too. I was super bummed when I didn't see any.

I'll reserve judgment until release, but there's not even a blank space or anything on PTR so I wouldn't hold my breath. If nothing else though, I hope we get some alternate hair colors for DKs, like black/blue/silver/green etc. That was always one of my favorite features about them.