Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nice troll.

I'm fairly sure that that second 'leak' has been thoroughly debunked. In particular, it claims that Diablo 4 will be a first person shooter, but we've seen the gameplay, and it quite clearly is not. That's not exactly a detail that you could, you know, accidentally forget. There's quite a few other areas that are clearly wrong, but that's the most obvious.

The first 'survey' is also almost certainly fake and clickbait. For example, why would Blizzard need to ask players how much time they spend play BfA or Classic? They have that data! It also has no option for 'I spend about the same time on each', which you would expect on that sort of question. There's also that odd question of 'What is the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion?' - why would they need to know if people know the name of it, having already asked if they had heard of the new expansion? Even if they did, a simple 'Yes, I know its name' or 'No, I do not know its name' would probably give better data than having fake options.

Eh, personally I'll take part in Shadowlands but until then I'm not touching WoW, be it retail or classic.

That being said, classic is boring as hell, there's nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Hit the nail square on the head here. The Retail team's worries don't lie with the Classic team; they lie with the shareholders who will have no choice but to question the design direction and MTX revenue model and they're already plenty froggy fom when Bungie divorced themselves from Activision and took Destiny 2 with them.
    Bungie was bought out by a Chinese version of Activision that has more money.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

WoW was the first MMO and it's stood the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Age_of_Camelot
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

The first... lol... Hell and I only linked MMOs I personally played before it, probably a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    you do realize that ion is the one who designed this game to hell right, he's the reason this game is garbage because he has no fucking clue what made this game great as he started to take over in 2010-2011 and it's been going downhill since then....
    You do realize that he has to answer to people above him?
    Being game director doesn't give him be all control over everything.

Matter of fact, GC had a similiar vision about making people rise up more difficult content, the result being the Cata heroics, which then had to be nerfed and they later on introduced LFR as bandaid.
    End of tale, GC left Blizzard by the end of MoP, then remarking after he left Blizzard that he now works on a game where he doesn't have to worry about everybodies grandmother anymore.

Ion is a guy who became a dev in the first place because of WoW, not TBC or anything, because of Classic, that's obvious.
    But if you are hit on during the design process by people who apparently are mostly there to remind the devs of "participation rates" of a given content, your hands are tied.

That aside, whether he is an extremely competent game director is one story, but he most certainly a good encounter designer.
    His first major project was Ulduar and he was involved in encounter design from Wotlk to WoD, including the spot of lead encounter designer.
    Ask any raider, no one that actually played seriously PvE content would complain over the quality of encounters during that time.

It is one of the dumbest, recurring things within this forum that they basically blame all the shit on the one guy from the dev team that speaks out and is suddenly responsible for every bad decision that was made.
    Games such as WoW are a team project, not everybody agrees with decision that are made by a team, especially if that team is then looked over by people who solely look from the economical perspective.

You can shit on Ion all you want, but if you are constantly being told to make the game more accessible, it really comes down to two options:
    1.Say no and quit (Like GC probably did)
    2.Say "Yes, master" and attempt to salvage some things for the sake of the game
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-12-20 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It is one of the dumbest, recurring things within this forum that they basically blame all the shit on the one guy from the dev team that speaks out and is suddenly responsible for every bad decision that was made.
    Games such as WoW are a team project, not everybody agrees with decision that are made by a team, especially if that team is then looked over by people who solely look from the economical perspective.
    During his time as lead dev GC received similar bullshit insults and claims. The guys before him too. Many PvErs hated the PvP changes during TBC and Wrath that had consequences for PvE.
    In other words:
    Same shit, different day/year/xpac/lead dev.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Whether it's the BFA-Classic Survey that was just leaked (See 1), or the leaks from a disgruntled employee that came out in the Summer (See 2), two things have become quite clear:
    BFA is a Catastrophe, and the Retail team is SCARED!

Sources:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7SKM5HAFsA (Leaked Blizzard survey about BFA/Classic)
    2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOxzM3e8Ho (Summer 2019 Leaks from Disgruntled Employee)
    3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct51GNS7Epw (First BFA survey)

According to the internal leaks (2), BFA was a catastrophe that the Retail team refused to acknowledge, even though subscriber numbers dipped below 1 Million.

Now apparently the Retail team was becoming afraid that the Classic team was going to replace them, and when you compound that with the fact subscriber numbers went up a reported 233% when Classic came out, had over a Million viewers on Twitch, and won the PC Game of the Year 2019 at the Golden Joystick awards; something BFA did NOT win, you can see why the Retail team is scared about keeping their jobs.

Remember, this is the SECOND BFA survey Blizzard has sent out in a year. Because it looks like they're desperate to get people to play this dumpster-fire of an expansion.

They even had a question in the survey (1) to see if you even knew the name of the next expansion...pre-orders must be really low.

I wonder why.

I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.

I thought people liked doing World quests, Mission tables, collecting mounts, pets, and achievements.

Classic is dominating the game right now, and the Retail team are scared their jobs might be on the chopping block next.
    So, what did they ask in the survey?

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.
    I wonder why people make fake "leaks". It's a real mystery to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    WoW was the first MMO and it's stood the test of time.
    But Wow was NOT the first, not even close to the first. As much information is out there and you chose to lie... Why?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    Honestly, unless you are seriously raiding/mythic dungeoneering the game is simply a collection game. You collect transmogs, toys, mounts, pets etc. To be another game all they would have to do is reskin everything and rename the game. That is why it is boring. There is no real gameplay on offer, and most of the adults with real jobs cannot or do not have the time to raid.
    IDK if you're just some little kid

BUt if you're working so much you can't raid. I hope you're getting a lotta OT

Kids, SO, aging parents. Those are reasons not to be able to raid

There is a global cooldown, this isn't starcraft. Doesn't take a lifetime to become a god lol. Few hours a week will keep you at ceiling.

It's 2019 bud you should be able to balance raiding and work if those are your only obligations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    you do realize that ion is the one who designed this game to hell right, he's the reason this game is garbage because he has no fucking clue what made this game great as he started to take over in 2010-2011 and it's been going downhill since then....

i mean wake the fuck up lol
    'wake up'? You might want to check your facts, your rant has none.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Didn't Ion or one of the Classic guys mention that the Classic team and the Modern WoW team are one and the same? That they basically worked on Classic as a passion project?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    IDK if you're just some little kid

BUt if you're working so much you can't raid. I hope you're getting a lotta OT

Kids, SO, aging parents. Those are reasons not to be able to raid

There is a global cooldown, this isn't starcraft. Doesn't take a lifetime to become a god lol. Few hours a week will keep you at ceiling.

It's 2019 bud you should be able to balance raiding and work if those are your only obligations.
    You saying it like wow do not atract new players. Playerbase didnt aged. Average age of players playing wow is same as it was back in vannila and if you think those young gamers would not like old style of mmos where you have to put actual effort to beat content than you are delusional. Nostalrious playerbase average age was 17-20y. Those are gamers what never played vannila how could they when they were like 5y old kids. Current game desing atracts boomers, and top 1% high end players. This game have nothing to offer for true casual mmorpg gamer. Classic does thats why its more sucesfull than BFA. Blizz end up developing WoW for minor playerbase and thats why its dieing
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-12-20 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    Didn't Ion or one of the Classic guys mention that the Classic team and the Modern WoW team are one and the same? That they basically worked on Classic as a passion project?
    I think you are right...

so I have a question for OP..

If Classic is killing retail, and Blizzard is killing Classic, and the 'retail team' gets fired and the retail team and the classic team are the same then who is going to be left for all the haters to hate?

can we just have threads saying how
    Classic is better then retail
    Retail is better then classic
    Classic is killing retail
    Retail is killing class
    Locked please?

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    atm bungie is an independant studio with no corporation behind them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    There is no real gameplay on offer, and most of the adults with real jobs cannot or do not have the time to raid.
    im sorry but this is bullshit, in my guild im probably the youngest raider at the age of 25 and the majority are over 30 with real jobs and we raid mythic 2 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    So much fake news everywhere is disgusting, bungie got an $100 million dollar investment from NetEase for a future project. Bungie is independent. NetEase has only a minority stake and one seat. Not a single decision could be made by NE at all, not even close. So please use at least google before you claim such false things.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2019-12-20 at 09:10 PM.

It doesn't seem possible to me.

Most of the people I know that were "excited" about Classic have already stopped playing due to various issues (some got bored, some didn't like no multi-tap (sitting around waiting for a mob to spawn is a little out dated, lack of tanks, iT got cleared in less than a week...).

They all went back to retail and are still playing.

What the OP has posted just hasn't been my experience with it.

I think the last few expansions have been problematic for Blizz because they are relying on an old content model. They use raids to push the content. Group content is a little passe at this point (it was cool 10 years ago when it was new, gamers have moved on). Players now prefer "co-op" over "group finder," just look at what is coming out from the industry.

If Blizz wants their "retail version" of WOW to have success again, they will have to dump the out dated conttent model and get with what is current. They are completely doing this to themselves.....

I have hopes with some of the things I have heard from shadowlands that they are taking some steps away from raids being the "end all," I bet those steps will work out well while all the "old model" stuff they do will continue to fail as it has been.

Ahahhahahahhahahahaha...

Oh my god, I think he's serious. This is hilarious. I'm gonna be chuckling about this for a good long while.