Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The 75 rep for some of these really really really really is not worth the hassle involved, like the aqir colossus trophy or whatever it is.

The rep rewards, or the time invested, needs adjusting imo.

Also are these rares even capable of dropping anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I still don't get how the minor assaults work, i haven't had one pop up yet on 3 characters.
    It appears to be "do 100 things to fill a bar", each thing granting 1% or less for trivial mobs. Grindy to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm wandering if the zones have intermittent spawning issues with various mob's and quest items, myself. Seems like you can go there sometimes and there's nothing, come back a few hours later and it throws things at you as if the zone were choked with players.
    Blizzard should make the rares that don't drop any special loot (pets/toys/mounts) to have a shorter respawn period, at least in my opinion. Because in a zone with roughly 10 rares, on hour+ long respawn timers, and you have to kill 4 of them, is a lot. Nazjatar has WAY more rares than the invasion zones, but the daily only asks you to kill ONE rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    It appears to be "do 100 things to fill a bar", each thing granting 1% or less for trivial mobs. Grindy to be sure.
    Sorry should have clarified i meant in regards to once you've completed the intro quests, theres supposed to be 1 major and 2 minor a week, is it just because eu's hasn't reset and we got the amathet assault as part of the intro quest. and thus we get a new quest /assault when they reset at 8pm cet?

10+ Year Old Account
    My complaint is more with the uninteresting rare elites, I don't know about anyone else but I've had absolute bugger all drop aside from azerite, vision currency and gray junk. That's from atleast 50+ rares thus far. They just seem unrewarding, the only amazing thing to have happened is finding the Alpaca in Vol'dun. These rares just feel like they have abysmal drop rates of anything amazing for the sake of heavy grinding.

The dailies themselves are fine, they're no different to any other patch that has had daily quest hubs.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2020-01-18 at 03:33 PM.

The quests are annoying enough, but why they aren't World Quests is beyond me. If it's an issue of them randomly popping up, surely they can force them to be a 24h timer and force the appropriate number at reset when they expire.

Ffs, they did this same fucking shit with 8.2 because "oh you gotta level up 3 turd followers".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The rare one should be 1, not fucking 4... they should have a shorter respawn time, 5 minutes tops.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-01-18 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The quests are annoying enough, but why they aren't World Quests is beyond me. If it's an issue of them randomly popping up, surely they can force them to be a 24h timer and force the appropriate number at reset when they expire.

Ffs, they did this same fucking shit with 8.2 because "oh you gotta level up 3 turd followers".
    So they don't benefit for WQ Weekly Event reputation bonus and people keep getting rep slower ofc

@Rucati
    @Corroc

woops, thanks for clearing this up! Gonna smack my guildi for his bad explanation to me. Now I'm gonna have another look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Am i literally the only person in existence that thinks that timeless isle was extremely boring and not worth playing?
    I agree with this. I thought MoP did a great job up until Timeless Isle. To this day, I still think Isle of the Thunder King might be the best content patch zone added in an expansion (I could admit that Argus might match it in gameplay, though Argus also irritated me for other reasons because turning the base planet of the Legion into a content patch felt like a wasted opportunity, and the story on Argus for finishing off the Legion was just ridiculous).

Timeless Isle, on the other hand, was basically fueled by Blizzard's realization that if they saturated an area with rares, and then slapped a bunch of rare drops on the rare spawns, they could keep players busy for several months on a relatively tiny and uninteresting area of land. I'd trace a lot of what's wrong with Blizzard's current mindset to Timeless Isle.

These re-done zones of Uldum and Vale basically function off a few dailies for insignificant rewards (arguably not even worth the time to do them) and a big splash of rare mobs with rare drops. They're basically just Timeless Isle tactics again.

Why are we back to dailies. Why isn't this solved with WQs. Is this WoW Classic rearing its head, and the devs thinking just because some people like Classic they need to go back to old models of content?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    My only problem, and I haven't had a chance to do a lot, is that the assaults take forever to do. The mobs are hard (my Mage is basically in Benthic gear and whatever welfare weapons I can get, since I haven't done much LFR), and each one is like 1% so you need to kill a ton.
    Did... did you really only kill mobs and loot/destroy objects? Because the events (crossed swords symbol on orange 4-point star) give between 15 and 30%. They feel kinda less frequent in Uldum, but probably just because more people do them atm.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just took a break between my 297th and my 298th hyena kill to tell you there's nothing wrong with the new daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Just fix terrible spawn rates and make gather quests unique per player and they'll be fine.
    Yep. That and reduce the rares daily quest to one, like they did with the Nazjatar rare daily.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    I just took a break between my 297th and my 298th hyena kill to tell you there's nothing wrong with the new daily quests.
    I know it's not 2005 anymore but have you tried reading the quest.
    Collect 6 Rugged Hyena Pelts from Amathet Hunters or by skinning hyenas in Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Instances of Warcraft more like.

I guess they think the hype the world first and MDI generate is worth it.
    So in a thread complaining about world content taking too long you manage to complain about there being no world content...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I am not a fan of the dailies, I love the events which essentially ARE dailies.
    The events are essentially short WQs that don't show up on the map for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    I know it's not 2005 anymore but have you tried reading the quest.
    The droprate from the hunters isn't particularly good either, though. Same as with the Writs for the other daily, which have like 20% dropchance from non-elites.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Surprised for some quests we are going back to the days I have to dread that existence of other friendly players. People playing MMOs shouldn't want an empty open world all to themselves. Really isn't that hard of a game concept to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why do people feel the need to do the dailies at all? The rep doesn't give anything except cosmetics and a reusable augment rune, the coalescing visions from them is low enough that gathering them should only matter to the most hardcore of bleeding edge raiders.

If you don't like the dailies just skip them. Doing only the 3 assaults per week will give you enough coalescing visions to stay on top of the curve anyways.
    Indeed. I personally only do the least tedious Rajani ones and completely ignore the Uldum ones, since all I want from those reps are the augment rune and the Warserpent. With so many games to play and with alts to consider, I'll be damned if I fly around for an hour hunting rares for a pittance of reputation and a completely negligible amount of visions.

Now there's something to be said about some of the content from the newest patch not being worth it 2-3 days after its release... But at least Horrific Visions are fun and the raid looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The droprate from the hunters isn't particularly good either, though. Same as with the Writs for the other daily, which have like 20% dropchance from non-elites.
    Hunters hyperspawn though, you go to the oasis patch with lions, stand on the ledge and pull hunters to the left and right of you and they respawn instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Hunters hyperspawn though, you go to the oasis patch with lions, stand on the ledge and pull hunters to the left and right of you and they respawn instantly.
    They do now, they didn't initially the first time when the daily was active.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU