Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Phase 7: Classic+

Dungeons
    - All dungeons (including non-60 ones) now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - Substantially increased HP and damage in Heroic Dungeons
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Dungeons: armor/weapon recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Raids
    - All raids now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - HP and damage of all raid mobs increased by up to 100% (earlier raids buffed more than later raids)
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Raids: tier recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Class balance updates
    - Underperforming specs are given a damage/healing/tanking aura buff that works in Heroic Dungeons and Heroic Raids only.

Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this? It'd mostly be numbers tuning and adding in rewards that are already on file. It'd also keep the integrity of the rest of the game in tact as any changes are within their own bubble.

No thanks, I prefer TBC release over that crap

nope, id rather classic stay as close to vanilla as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Dungeons Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this? It'd mostly be numbers tuning and adding in rewards that are already on file. It'd also keep the integrity of the rest of the game in tact as any changes are within their own bubble.
    No thanks. I don't need more, more and more as suggested in your post. I need a proper Warcraft experience, how it was before it became "retail".

I think your suggestion is the pragmatic but safe approach
    The other, more safe approach would be to release TBC

What I would want (Which would never happen) Would be to make completly new zones / dungeons / expansions
    Try for a minutte to let your mind run wild what they could be, absolutly insanely cool stuff / gameplay could be possible / diffrent wow experiance
    Last edited by Xi Jinping; 2020-02-13 at 01:42 AM.

Considering that WoW went into completely wrong direction with TBC and later expansions, I believe it is a good idea to come up with a completely new branch of Expansions for Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    What I would wont (Which would never happen) Would be to make completly new zones / dungeons / expansions
    Try for a minutte to let your mind run wild what they could be, absolutly insanely cool stuff / gameplay could be possible / diffrent wow experiance
    So pretty much wiping the slate clean and trying to develop WoW with more of a vanilla design philosophy.

Honestly,I'd love it,but I doubt it's a worthy endeavour from a business perspective,retail WoW is just a much better cash cow,without even any comparison

15+ Year Old Account

What I would want (Which would never happen) Would be to make completly new zones / dungeons / expansions
    So instead of WoW progressing through how the story is going now with various storylines you want something similar to WOD's "alternate timeline" bullshit where things were different after Naxx in vanilla and progresses a whole other way making WoW-Retail the "current" timeline in terms of WoW's lore and then a whole other timeline for WoW-Classic? Um no.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Considering that WoW went into completely wrong direction with TBC and later expansions, I believe it is a good idea to come up with a completely new branch of Expansions for Classic.
    If by wrong direction you mean better direction then yes.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Dungeons

- New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Dungeons: armor/weapon recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Raids

- New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Raids: tier recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.
    I thought people wanted classic to be away from that kind of meaningless crap that now bloats retail more and more with every new patch.
    Just tuning numbers feels like it's a bit too limited for a classic+ scope IMO , nothing new gets boring fast.

Classic + should be an opportunity to implement things they scrapped long ago during development , things that come to mind are : Azshara content (timbermaw hold) dungeon underwater and zone stuff , Karazhan crypts , Hyjal . Basically stuff that is already kinda out there and is no part of the pre cata expansions.

Class adjustments would be cool for the hybrids that get no love right now , but it would feel kinda boring for those people to know devs want and could fix but they are waiting classic to basically run it's course of life before they make their specs playable
    Last edited by valax; 2020-02-13 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    An interesting perspective - so you believe BC was the death of wow? Or just the beginning of the end?

Why people keep spinning this. Classic plus is TBC.

I'm in favor of classic plus, but not this. I don't like running multiple versions of the same instance whatsover.

I would love to see some interesting and original content that was perhaps planned for the original game but never finished.

I would love to see some new (tier) gear that is specific to off-specs and not just one aspect of that class.

I would love to see some VERY minor tweaks to existing classes to make them somewhat more viable than they are now in raids.

I don't want modern wow elements like multiple difficulty versions. Bleh.... but yes I do think some small, basic class balance patches shouldn't end just for the sake of nostalgia and/or preservation.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    An interesting perspective - so you believe BC was the death of wow? Or just the beginning of the end?
    It definitely wasn't the same ever since. It became more mainstream. Less hardcore than Vanilla. I think that's when the dumbing down of the whole gaming industry started to accelerate.

phase 7: TBC

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, cool idea, but this "new" shit will not be good.. just like current wow that hasn't been good in years.. so i rather they released something that we know for a fact is good - TBC

Cosmetic rewards in Classic are not that appealing since transmog don't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. No changes.

Phase 7 should be TBC, so that phase 13 or w/e can be WoTLK.

Dungeons
    - All dungeons (including non-60 ones) now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - Substantially increased HP and damage in Heroic Dungeons

Raids
    - All raids now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - HP and damage of all raid mobs increased by up to 100% (earlier raids buffed more than later raids)

Class balance updates
    - Underperforming specs are given a damage/healing/tanking aura buff that works in Heroic Dungeons and Heroic Raids only.

Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this? It'd mostly be numbers tuning and adding in rewards that are already on file. It'd also keep the integrity of the rest of the game in tact as any changes are within their own bubble.
    Haha no. Difficulty levels do not belongs into mmorpg game. Keep thay garbage out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this?
    Not a chance in heaven or hell.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.