Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    How fast did your guild kill nef?
    Faster than we managed to clear heroic Emerald Nightmare, the easiest retail raid to be released in the last decade on a difficulty that wasn't mythic.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Naxx was released in 1.11, but not cleared till 1.12.
    Interesting, I wasn't even aware of this. I started just after the original release of BWL.

I might have to go back and see what those patch notes were, I only remember that Stormstrike had a new icon every other patch for Shamans...

I just don't understand why Blizzard decided to bump the patch to 1.12 then, it doesn't really mimic the Vanilla experience then. Sure there are bugs, but that's the entire purpose of the old look and feel. Perhaps the engine wasn't too compatible with very old changes...

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Faster than we managed to clear heroic Emerald Nightmare, the easiest retail raid to be released in the last decade on a difficulty that wasn't mythic.
    Sweet. Get any good loot? Any wipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    Hour and a half, two hours Max. My guild has been on PServers with other guilds practicing for weeks now. Those who have had years of PS experience, such as APES, will destroy it in under 2 hours launch day. This, is of course, if there are no Bugs.
    Called it. But even quicker. Can't believe people thought it'd take any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    do i get a prize?

- - - Updated - - -

lol yeah there biggest excuse is " 1.12 isnt vanilla!

when naxx which was base released in 1.12 gets cleared in a day that will destroy their last bastion of " ClaSsIc WaS VeRyHaRd"
    They're gonna move the goalposts to Burning Crusade. There are people that unironically think that Sunwell Kil'jaeden is harder than pre-nerf ToS mythic Kil'jaeden.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet. Get any good loot? Any wipes?
    No nothing dropped for me, and yeah we had a couple dumb wipes on trash.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of telling ppl what they should care about. Some ppl are into 15 year old games. Some ppl are into commenting on forum posts on subjects they dont care about. To each their own.

I think it boils down more to the fact that (many) Classic players were and are very vocal about how shit, easy and casual friendly retail is and Classic content was/is the pinnacle of skill and now that they get their statement shot to shit it's only natural to feel the urge to gloat about it

I play and enjoy both in their own way but the only thing hardcore or unfriendly aspect for casuals in Classic is the grinding. Absolutely nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    There must've been a stealth nerf to BWL. Or some kind of an exploit. I can't see a legit guild clearing the raid this fast. There is something else going on. Some kind of sabotage from a competitor?
    https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status...367764481?s=20

"Well Classic raids are a joke and anyone who thinks they're hard is dogshit at the game" - Ya boi Asmongold

Please dude. Accept this fact.

People are so deep in denial that it's tragic.

Our guild couldn't beat Flamegor the damage on the tanks was pretty insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Blackwing Lair Cleared in 42 Minutes!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA Classic is so hard, only for true hardcore players!
    Go ahead and do the same. My guild is above casual, and we couldn't get past the 4th boss

Retail babies have some serious mental problems. Surely you can clear the raid in 42 minutes if you have a super optimal raid comp and gear, but that's not the case for most people. We clear MC in an hour and a half, and couldn't get past the 4th boss last night, in 3 hours. We're having fun while you complain here.

kisses
    Last edited by MrHorner; 2020-02-13 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and do the same. My guild is above casual, and we couldn't get past the 4th boss

Retail babies have some serious mental problems. Surely you can clear the raid in 42 minutes if you have a super optimal raid comp and gear, but that's not the case for most people. We clear MC in an hour and a half, and couldn't get past the 4th boss last night, in 3 hours. We're having fun while you complain here.

kisses
    I doubt your guild is above casual, your guild must be complete sh**

There are a huge factor in Classic that makes everything dead easy - experience.

We know EVERY fight, and how to do it. NOTHING is a surprise. NO raid will be hard in Classic, there's no challenge in Classic, just the pure joy from an actual World MMORPG.

Also, all top guilds are stacking two classes; warrior and rogues to do insane amounts of dps. This didn't happen back in Vanilla, we brought the people we had. (Well, top guilds might have done this? Not sure).

Classic is a cakewalk, and I (and many others) love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

My guild is above casual, and we couldn't get past the 4th boss
    "Above casual" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Surprise surprise...

But don't worry, there's plenty of bad WoW players all around the world, that also thinks LFR is hard.

Am so excited to see the BWL race, i hope this is harder than retail and last at least 3 weeks minimun, wonder what guild is going to get the world first. Going to check twitch everyday and follow the race very closely

/s

- - - Updated - - -

kisses
    Meanwhile pugs are doing better than your "above casual" guild.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    "Above casual" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Surprise surprise...

But don't worry, there's plenty of bad WoW players all around the world, that also thinks LFR is hard.
    Well, what does above casual mean? Does it mean "ye, we kinda know how to gear with hit% etc", or "we got decent gear, dont have 10 hours each day to farm the missing items needed from dungeons though", ooor "we got pre-bis+some raid pieces spread out in our guild, but we don't care about world buffs which actually cuts our dps output in half pretty much".

What defines casual these days? Is it the hours spent farming, or how fast you clear MC?

My guild have 80+ avg parses on most and 90-95+ avg on the top players. We spend more time collecting world buffs pre-raid, so we can clear MC fast, than we actually would have spent clearing MC without buffs. We don't take free time to clear BWL on release (going tonight), and we havent stacked warriors and rogues (we got like 5 of each, because that's what people have leveled).
    We spend about 1 hour to clear MC each week. Will most likely blast through BWL tonight in a couple of hours (some of us got pserver and/or vanilla experience, many dont), mostly because we've all probably spent 500-1000g on consumables and prepared by collecting all the world buffs needed.

Are we above casual? I honestly feel it is a lot more casual than retail raiding, with the time spent taken into account.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Well, what does above casual mean? Does it mean "ye, we kinda know how to gear with hit% etc", or "we got decent gear, dont have 10 hours each day to farm the missing items needed from dungeons though", ooor "we got pre-bis+some raid pieces spread out in our guild, but we don't care about world buffs which actually cuts our dps output in half pretty much".

What defines casual these days? Is it the hours spent farming, or how fast you clear MC?

My guild have 80+ avg parses on most and 90-95+ avg on the top players. We spend more time collecting world buffs pre-raid, so we can clear MC fast, than we actually would have spent clearing MC without buffs. We don't take free time to clear BWL on release (going tonight), and we havent stacked warriors and rogues (we got like 5 of each, because that's what people have leveled).
    We spend about 1 hour to clear MC each week. Will most likely blast through BWL tonight in a couple of hours (some of us got pserver and/or vanilla experience, many dont), mostly because we've all probably spent 500-1000g on consumables and prepared by collecting all the world buffs needed.

Are we above casual? I honestly feel it is a lot more casual than retail raiding, with the time spent taken into account.
    You are above casual and taking the game more seriously than it should be. My guild just log in and go into raid and dont care about consumables and world buffs, thats casual for u

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    You are above casual and taking the game more seriously than it should be. My guild just log in and go into raid and dont care about consumables and world buffs, thats casual for u
    Perhaps. But then again, what's fun in just logging in once a week for 2 hours to clear a raid that is, lets be honest, really boring?

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    They're gonna move the goalposts to Burning Crusade. There are people that unironically think that Sunwell Kil'jaeden is harder than pre-nerf ToS mythic Kil'jaeden.
    By mechanics? Yes, newer bosses tend to be mechanically harder, just because better hardware, more programming experience etc. allows more complex and interesting mechanics.

By numbers? No, you can always make a boss harder by just increasing the numbers compared to what people can achieve. Increase Nefarians hitpoints (multiply it by 10 for example) and increase its damage (multiply it by 5 for example) and you see, BWL would not be cleared by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    I think it boils down more to the fact that (many) Classic players were and are very vocal about how shit, easy and casual friendly retail is and Classic content was/is the pinnacle of skill and now that they get their statement shot to shit it's only natural to feel the urge to gloat about it

I play and enjoy both in their own way but the only thing hardcore or unfriendly aspect for casuals in Classic is the grinding. Absolutely nothing else.
    Ya that's fine and idc what ppl play. But continuing the problem because "they started it first" isnt gonna get us anywhere. When ppl join the thread and make comments like "Hahaha classic is so easy I told you so", the ppl its directed at arent gonna hear it. The ppl that are just trying to enjoy a discussion about their game are left wondering why ppl are so hostile when they themselves didn't do anything. Just seems childish.

5+ Year Old Account
    Apes having been clearing BWL for years. Get your dicks back in your pants.