Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Why are people so obsessed which version of the game is more popular?

Just play whatever the hell you want.
    Beats me, but it's enjoyable. Forum version of reality TV.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Why you keep refering to MC statistics? Take a look at MC and BWL and you will see a MASIVE decline. I would be worried as Classic only player.
    Thank god all the tourists have gone back to whatever pit they came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Maybe they can poll the AI and figure out why their game sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Why are people so obsessed which version of the game is more popular?

Just play whatever the hell you want.
    It’s usually the retail crowd constantly trying to tear down the classic crowd because either their guild folded for classic, they lost friends fo classic or “they simple don’t understand how people could enjoy older content”

Classic players will mock the retail game, but they tend to just play classic and don’t make forum threads too often.

But there are daily anti classic threads here from the pro retail crowd. Every chance they get.

There’s room for both versions of wow to co exist but the retail crowd had got to let the classic hate go

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    First off, we know there was a drop off... but considering classic more than doubled (almost tripled) wow sub #’s according to activision themselves, I’d still bet classic has more weekly players than retail.
    Oh, did they say that? Could you please link to where activision said Classic has almost tripple the sub count to retail? Me and my friends have talked about this but we have no data to back it up so if you have a nice source that would be great!

How do you messure success? Number of monthly users? Why they're online? Cost vs income? What they do? Why they do it? Is it great success if a game have 1m subs but they only log on once a month?

I see a lot about raiding, what about PvP? M+? Pet battles? World quests?

Loads of statements, very little facts to back them up with.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Are you just trolling?

First off, we know there was a drop off... but considering classic more than doubled (almost tripled) wow sub #’s according to activision themselves, I’d still bet classic has more weekly players than retail.

Secondly, I brought up Mc because you are determined to compare a 2 month old raid to a raid 5 days old.

So compare the player counts of bwl this week vs nyalotha. Not the guild count, the player count.

Come back after you’ve eaten that humble pie
    I mean you say so much.. and actually you prove nothing.

BWL to MC saw a decline from like 75% of guilds logging. Dude just taste that number. And then talk about wow subs again.

BWL to MC saw a decline from like 75% of guilds logging. Dude just taste that number. And then talk about wow subs again.
    25% of classic population is still probably more than retail, as shown from these raid logs with more people in the raid in classic than retail. Not more guilds, but more people.

Spin it any way you want, bash classic all you want... it won’t change the fact that wow raiding in retail is at its lowest point in the history of the game. Even wod and mop had more people raiding.

There’s a problem with retail raiding that’s chasing people off with or without classic even existing

Bro, do you even realize what you're saying. With your very own logic, nyalotha have also seen a 75% decline of guilds logging.

Now the difference is, I know that's not the case, but you're bit dimwitted.

I.e Nyalotha hasnt been out for long enough to make a proper judgement, BWL has been out for LESS than a week.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    The fact that classic players have the constant need to make threads about how great Classic is tells you enough. Also tells you there is fuck-all to do in Classic most of the time. its ironic that after all the bashing of how bad "play on patch week and you're done" is, Classic is exactly that - you play the week when content is released and you are done.
    This^, if Classic players were that sure of themselves and that the game is going great guns, then the constant need to make these threads would not be needed.. And this is also the problem once you hit 60 in Classic, there is very little to do outside of raiding, pvp and dungeons.. This is one of the reasons they added dailies at the end of Burning Crusade to give people something to do when not raiding, pvping and dungeons..

25% of classic population is still probably more than retail, as shown from these raid logs with more people in the raid in classic than retail. Not more guilds, but more people.

Spin it any way you want, bash classic all you want... it won’t change the fact that wow raiding in retail is at its lowest point in the history of the game. Even wod and mop had more people raiding.

There’s a problem with retail raiding that’s chasing people off with or without classic even existing
    You keep talkin how retail raiding is chasing people off but in fact Classic wow lost 75% of its players. Not retail.

You keep talkin how retail raiding is chasing people off but in fact Classic wow lost 75% of its players. Not retail.
    And classic STILL has more people raiding than retail. That’s an indictment on retail raiding. Don’t forget that during your childish trolling.

It’s not an excuse when it’s a fact. It hasn’t been out a week yet

You wanna go back further go compare Mc raid #s vs the retail raid at the same time. You won’t like the answer

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn’t quoting or saying retail couldn’t do 30+ players.

He was just pointing out that classic has more people raiding atm
    How does he work that out, classic has less than half the logs retail has, also the casual player base is uncoubted and the pvp player base. Retail has Arena and pet battle and Tmog communities that don't show up in logs.

And classic has more people raiding than retail. Don’t forget that during your childish trolling.
    Don't reply, he is trolling.

He knows that BWL has only been out for a week, it's hardly enough to make a judgement, but acts as if going from 10k guilds to 3k guilds in nyalotha isn't a reduction, since nyalotha hasn't been out for long enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retail feels like a desert full of emptyness from what i have hard.
    No clue though, i am unsubbed for a while now. WoW is no longer worth the money/time :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The reward structure is more valuable and rewarding in classic tho. It isn’t just nostalgia it’s a better built mmo rpg. Retail is more of an mmo arpg at this point. It’s more diablo 3 than Everquest
    How is it more rewarding, most of the items are trash that drop and the few good items take so long to grind its hardly worth the investment unless there items that will lad multiple tiers, not to mention there not really needed, if ur not pushing for the fastest speed run then the raids arn't difficult enough to Warrent that level of min max.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    How does he work that out, classic has less than half the logs retail has, also the casual player base is uncoubted and the pvp player base. Retail has Arena and pet battle and Tmog communities that don't show up in logs.
    Because in retail any guild can raid with 8 so it’ll have more overall guilds, but considering classic raids are 40 man and minimum 30 man if you want to have a prayer in bwl... there’s more players raiding in classic than retail by a large margin

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Don't reply, he is trolling.

He knows that BWL has only been out for a week, it's hardly enough to make a judgement, but acts as if going from 10k guilds to 3k guilds in nyalotha isn't a reduction, since nyalotha hasn't been out for long enough.
    Where are these numbers from? All i can see is this:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...etric=progress

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...s&difficulty=3

Pretty close.

Then you have this:

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...etric=progress

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...etric=progress

Not very close. In fact a HUGE decline. I know real numbers are scaring you. But actually try using them instead of using wishful thinking.

Honestly I don't give a damn which version of WoW is more popular. But when I visit the Classic subforum and see all those ''lul Classic is dead'' posts which is apparently a new meme from the retail crowd, then I can't myself but seeing karma hit them right back with how poor retail is doing instead. I mean if you look at Shadowlands it is already apparent how little launch content we get compared to previous expansions. I wouldn't be surprised if Shadowlands gets rushed aswell so that the game might not even function properly and their new features will just end up being bland and broken.

Its not like Blizzard even releases numbers for both games seperately, so we might never know how well each version is actually doing. What I do know is that Classic has had very positive results in the last few quarterly reports while BFA has barely shown anything. I remember a certain game that didn't get reported as much *cough* HOTS *cough* and then a few months later it was being put on maintenance mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    How is it more rewarding, most of the items are trash that drop and the few good items take so long to grind its hardly worth the investment unless there items that will lad multiple tiers, not to mention there not really needed, if ur not pushing for the fastest speed run then the raids arn't difficult enough to Warrent that level of min max.
    Let me give you a single example... I have ironfoe in classic. It will forever be godly.

In retail, it would have an incredibly short lifespan before I’d have to farm another m+ ironfoe. And then another. And another. And another....

Gear becomes meaningless when it’s so seasonal, it’s practically mmo diablo 3.

classic gear has far more value and weight to them. Those items are always going to be great and only can be replaced by climbing further up the ladder and earning a replacement.

Vs retail where you can just come back next season and have gear lobbed at you. It’s unearned and boring.

An mmorpg is better when it is reflective of the real world and has social structures, and haves and have nots

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    By that logic, shouldn't Heroes of the Storm be a success, then? It is, by far, the easiest MOBA game around.
    Cause HoTS arrived 6 years late. People like myself got into League and spent a hefty amount of buckeroos on lame skins. When HotS lauched I always wanted to play it more seriously BUT, the amount of time and money i've spent on League, plus the stupid cost of Heroes deterred me a lot.
    Now that I don't bother anymore with League, I'd love to take HotS seriously, but it feels so fucking abandoned. Art team was top notch. Without looking like Korean/Malasyan bullshit, achieved the next step on Blizz art style evolution (Seriously, they should have used HotS art team on Reforged).

Don't get me wrong, i despise Classic. Way before Classic was relaunched, I tried a Vanilla pserver when I got a MMO itch after playing League for 5 years. The vanilla experience was so irritating to me, I resubbed to Legion since Cata. Classic is easier, doesn't need additional expansions, but It takes the amount of time some people don't have anymore.