Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Changes made to the game in BfA that you like?

I gotta say, I can't really think of any. I can think of plenty of things I liked in Legion, even WoD, Cataclysm, Wrath, and BC. But I legitimately cannot come up with any changes to the game made in BfA that I like and would want to be carried over into Shadowlands.

What about you?

15+ Year Old Account
    The scrapper is a keeper, even if Expulsom was way too slow to acquire.

I can’t think of anything else really.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Demonology is a fun spec now. That's about it, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    The scrapper is a keeper, even if Expulsom was way too slow to acquire.

I can’t think of anything else really.
    The scrapper exists solely for Expulsom, and Expulsom is among the worst things they've ever done to professions.

I could probably come up with 1 or 2 minor things if I really thought about it for a while, but off the top of my head I can't come up with any innovation or change that BfA made that improved the experience of WoW as a whole.

I hated the very thought of Allied Races, now I kind of enjoy them.... Not sure thaTs technically BFA, or Legion, though.

The slow dismantling of raiding as the centerpiece of the game is kinda in my favor as I advance in age, I guess.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

There isn't a single feature in BFA that Legion didn't do better. The BFA-exclusive features aren't much to hang in the tree either.

There are some things that are really interesting as a foundation to design upon.

Island Expeditions get a lot of heat. However I don't want them to completely abandon them, I want them to:
    - Remove the competing alliance/horde NPCs harvesting Azerite (basically a timer)
    - Make it feel more like an archaeology expedition you can spend your time on and chill there with your friends. Level archaeology finding relics and stuff, different keys unlock different caves and doors. Some powerful relics might open portals. But basically allow people to spend as much time as they want there.
    - With no timer, maybe have more puzzles to figure out.
    - The Horde/Alliance NPC AI was a cool idea and I'd like to see some bosses act in that way.
    - The reward structure it launched with was complete garbage and frankly disrespectful to the playerbase with just raw RNG. The crates are a step in the right direction, but I'd rather see something slightly more deterministic.

Warfronts are extremely boring as is. I don't want them cut either because there's a lot of cool WC3 RTS nostalgia there. how about instead:
    - Make this the PVP thing instead of expeditions.
    - Basically take all of the cool buildings, new UI, unit upgrading and resource harvesting and use it in an epic battleground like AV.
    - Allow for collective strategy to unfold here, people who like PVE but want to participate can do the resource gathering, farming rares, and give them some other options. PVP players can push points. This was the magic that old AV had.

I like the customization that Azerite Essences provide. I don't like the acquisition of them, particularly with alts, but I do enjoy the ability to swap those out to perform differently for different aspects of gameplay.

I liked adding different backgrounds to "overarching plot" questlines (War Campaign) and tracking that in a separate area of the quest log.

I like horrific visions actual (not the acquisition of the vessels).

Battle for Naz has been a lot of fun. Warmode has had some successes in general (it also has some drawbacks).

Allied races in general I like (though I greatly dislike the lack of class diversity on some of them).

I like being able to transmog legendary items.

I have plenty of things I dislike as well, though that would be off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    what i like better is the titan residuum. =)

Warmode....needs some tweeking with the group finder and summoning stone but otherwise fantastic solution to a common problem

The Followers in Naza, they were the least retarded iteration to date..

Continued focus on role agnostic content (islands, warfronts) and flexible or new/smaller group sizing (islands, visions). I have a lot of anticipation for torghast and this continued lean on letting players and varying smaller groups of players own their time without being beholden to the trinity or larger, organized groups. The more I can be allowed to "want but not need" other players, the happier I am.

Warmode and servers no longer being pve or pvp specific is the first thing that comes to mind for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The slow dismantling of raiding as the centerpiece of the game is kinda in my favor as I advance in age, I guess.
    (i think it started legion)((but i also love it in bfa xD ^^))

Some of the storytelling was good (maybe or maybe not the story itself). Do allied races/heritage armor count?

I like the azerite armor traits giving some class customization, I don't like needing to hunt for sometimes non-existent combinations to get what I want.

Having night music again is pretty great, and BM hunters are in a much better spot than Legion where they had way too few basic rotation abilities.

Essences and horrific visions have been great, for sure.

It's hard to say because expansion specific features have been high, but changes to the base game that I expect to continue? Fairly few.

Allied races, for sure, and I'm glad that additional player customization is continuing in shadowlands, that's a big one.

Oh and warmode, can't believe I forgot about that. Hope that stays.

Heritage armor, glad someone reminded me of that. Hope that's eventually for everyone, I've enjoyed all the questlines for it so far as well as the allied race questlines.

edit: and the new auction house! It's barely been out and I've already forgotten we ever had that crappy old one. It's infinitely better in every way. Bank alt approved.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-19 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Having night music again is pretty great, and BM hunters are in a much better spot than Legion where they had way too few basic rotation abilities.

Essences and horrific visions have been great, for sure.

It's hard to say because expansion specific features have been high, but changes to the base game that I expect to continue? Fairly few.

Allied races, for sure, and I'm glad that additional player customization is continuing in shadowlands, that's a big one.

Oh and warmode, can't believe I forgot about that. Hope that stays.
    And bm hunters are 90% similar to how they were in legion. Just the change from DB > Barbed (which personally I disliked but eh)

Azerite also allowed some classes to scale better than they could in any other incarnation of the game. Hell, azerite (granted there are best setups for every class) is the most customization we've ever had

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    - War Mode
    - Account-wide Honor/old Prestige
    - PVP talents structure
    - spliting professions between expansions
    - removing titanforging, even if we are in sorta kinda purgatory right now
    - big gold rewards transfered from mission table to emissary quest and paragon boxes
    - first gold deflation in history
    - legacy loot system in old LFR raids (not regular one, it was better with master loot)
    - communities
    - guild/community finder
    - new auction house
    - mount equipment

maybe more, this one I remember from memory and quick research.