Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    My god havnt they simplified the game enough already ? Why each time something is challenging in that game some people want it to be trivialized ? Every one can not do any kind of content and it's fine like that. Part of the fun of actually doing M+ key is the challenge and the feeling you achieved the a challenging goal ...
    LoL challenging.

The only challenging part in M+ is doing keys above 15 as Shadow Priest / Enha / Survival or all the classes that are the Mere which every sheep like you are following

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Ah, usual state of mmo-champion.

"Remove things from the game that make me have to learn it, let me bash my head against it till the stars align and the boss dies because i pay 13e and i deserve the loot as much as the person that learnt the game because ".

But then, you want to give the benefit of the doubt, maybe they are having issues with a particular dungeon at a +15.

And you read the thread -->Discussion about +5 and 7s , where the passive gear taken from the game is enough to cleave them down without giving a fuck.
    Learn to reroll ez clap class for plus.

That is the only lesson m+ give atm

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ without timer is FUN? (;一_一) yeah...
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Gaming used to be fun.

Timers just cause stress, for those not good enough to make it in time, aswell as for those who are good enough until they notice they have a party member who isnt up to it, or makes a mistake, making mistakes is human, but intolerable in a timed environment.

In the end defenders of timed content dont like timed, just the better rewards that might come with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Its nice to see there's still some people who remember TBC heroic dungeons challenge, without timer

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Why is it so hard to let people have a tick-box when entering the key that says "Enable timer? +1 drop if dungeon completed in time". It does absolutely nothing to your playstyle and gives people options.
    without timer a group that is now able to do max +10 would be able to do +15 (it would just take more time) or even higher, and get way better gear without the need of skill or whatnot, just by taking their time... it would be another reward for people with lack of skill, this games could use more skill based rewards, not less...

i would be fine with m+ without timer only if it gives just cosmetic items, or waaay lower gear than timed key on the same level

I've wanted this for a while.

You could still have the timer for competitive purposes, but decouple it from the rewards. Just finishing the M+ would leave the key as it is rather than downgrading it.

You could even have it so you can replace players if they leave, it would simply invalidate the timer rather than cause the key to be downgraded and the run to be aborted.

It would just get rid of a lot of the frustrations around the M+ system.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Is it really challenging though? More like stressful.. and those IMO aren't the same. And sometimes bad RnG, lag or other stuff simply decide the fate of a run

Frankly I found TBC dungeons more tactical back in the day as you actually had to stop at each pack, and mark them up. Threat was a thing, as was casters going Oom on bossfights, so it wasn't hard to spot the good/bad players during say a Karazhan run
    Nice to see there's still people who remember the real challenging dungeons, those back in TBC

People thinking that a TIMER is funny have some serious problem, it requires no skill at all at best enforce the meta and makes people going full sheep.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    So first of all, what would determine whether your key should go up? If it's just based on completion then I'm sorry it's really dumb idea. M+ is supposed to be challenge and race against a timer, whether you like it or not it has been designed for this purpose and catering for the casual minority such as you are would yet again destroy one of the few good remaining content there's left in WoW. -> Please keep reading

On that matter though I can imagine a mode where you can opt-in to remove timer, but your reward will be same as failing key and your key will stay at the same level and maybe the dungeon will change. Ultimately, you and your group will start to clear this level faster and faster because it's more fun and thrilling to push your limits and you will eventually opt-in to timed M+ and up your key to increase your challenge.

Going by your format, I'm sorry but nothing would change in a sense of toxicity of elitism, or meta players. Just go into heroic/normal or hell even a freaking LFR raid groups, there's no timer but people still rush it. You wipe once and half of the group is gone. You remove timer from M+ and people will still require the classes which can clear fastest and eventually the meta will be so thin that it will do more harm than good.
    Maybe its about time we try to get rid of those players who leave after one wipe because someone made a mistake or accidentally pulled a mob ppl wanted to skip, heck why even put in trash mobs when ppl ust will skip them, heck why not just release end cinematics + loot coz thats all ppl seem to care about nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    My god havnt they simplified the game enough already ? Why each time something is challenging in that game some people want it to be trivialized ? Every one can not do any kind of content and it's fine like that. Part of the fun of actually doing M+ key is the challenge and the feeling you achieved the a challenging goal ...
    Most of the casual players in wow do not want a challenge. They wont movable pixels that they can stare at and win while just going about with their day. You have a kid? Let 4 other strangers wait for you because you don't respect their time but they should respect yours when you need to deal with said kid. You are hungry? Go out to get dinner mid-run. You don't want to press more than 1 ability? Buff the class so you don't have to. God forbid you're not rewarded at the end for your immeasurable effort put into it. This is why people wanted classic - all of this was fine during classic. Rotations are 1-button, nothing is challenging, nothing is timed. The more I read threads on this forum the more I am relieved that Blizzard doesn't actually take any advice from this place.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't care for the challenge, I just want my loot so I can do content I like, which is Arena.
    The sole reason why I do M+ is so I can get the loot as it's more rewarding than the loot Arena gives.

It's such a chore having to keep it up or you'll lose your key, fail and have your key go lower. If you find it fun, awesome. I don't, but if I want a better chance at RNG, this is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    I always thought it'd be cool if there were two ways to upgrade the key. Either:

1) Pass the time limit
    2) Clear the dungeon within a certain number of deaths
    this i could live with, going without timer but only certain amount of deaths, and i would even go for now wipes, that wouldnt be bad

You could just ignore the timer? If you are not good enough you won't get a better key in the end, that's all.

You can even get a random addon to hide the timer. Nothing impossible these days.

.. but beware those SCARY TIMERS - might hunt you in your dream.

Even if blizz implement it, you would hate it anyways. Dedicated players will create another rio-like feature to measure your performance and ppl who don't meet the expectations (d0n't have enough CC, AoE or whatever utility is needed) won't be taken in timerless keys anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    this i could live with, going without timer but only certain amount of deaths, and i would even go for now wipes, that wouldnt be bad
    No, people like the op will still complain. You give them free loot or they hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    I don't care for the challenge, I just want my loot so I can do content I like, which is Arena.
    The sole reason why I do M+ is so I can get the loot as it's more rewarding than the loot Arena gives.

It's such a chore having to keep it up or you'll lose your key, fail and have your key go lower. If you find it fun, awesome. I don't, but if I want a better chance at RNG, this is the way.
    well if you dislike it you should want to do it asap, so you would probably go for timer anyhow... or you want something you dont enjoy doing to take as much time as possible?
    your problem is not M+ system, but rather lack of pvp vendors...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    What is the point then?

A cooked key still has a guaranteed reward, I don't see how removing the timer makes it any different.
    Here you demonstrate the typical mentality of the high key runner with premade group.
    Makes me wonder what is the point of you doing here if you get loot anyway, with timer or without it (as was offered by the OP). Do you really like to run against the time that much?

In fact the timer system of M+ has only downsides for the majority of people. Timer shows imperfection of class/spec balance, imperfection of the game systems like Corruption, creates toxicity that leads to stress. Which isnt the purpouse of the game like WoW, i think.

In fact, the only people that would defend it are the people who love to run against time. I think there are not that much of them.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-02-24 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    People thinking that a TIMER is funny have some serious problem, it requires no skill at all at best enforce the meta and makes people going full sheep.
    right, but doing the same just slower with more wipes is fun and requires skill...

well thank god we have you to tell us what is fun and what do we enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Here you demonstrate the typical mentality of the high key runner with premade group.
    Makes me wonder what is the point of you doing here if you get loot anyway, with timer or without it (as was offered by the OP). Do you really like to run against the time that much?
    Why don't you try to pug mythic raids and tell us how far you came? Why do dungeons have to be pug-able by every moron? You think removing the timer will make people stay 6 hours to clear the dungeons that would not have stayed with a timer? Delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Learn to reroll ez clap class for plus.

That is the only lesson m+ give atm
    Any class can do any content that Blizzard balances about, there is no "ez clap class" for joke content like +15, which is where they care that balance exists.

There is only shit players.