Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm actually amazed they kept the cloak requirement in.

I can't tell if it's laziness, unwarranted optimism, or a sick satisfaction watching the ants cannibalize themselves that made that decision.
    Blizzard giving their player base too much credit once again. They need to realize most players are lazy as hell and want everything handed to them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Glad they left the cloak requirement in, jesus christ, it takes 1-2 hours to get, that's the bare minimum of effort.

You know I was just saying to a friend last night as I concluded my "vacation from WoW" sabbatical in FFXIV that FFXIV kinda over-regulates and over-gates a lot of their content behind actual skill tests and story steps. The community of that game fully supports the idea because it weeds out "people that shouldn't be grouping with other people," letting them have their reputation of "surface friendliness" because the game, not the community, makes sure you "get good" before you "burden others with your newness." You prety much have to hope your friends can pass the story tests to join you on guild raid night haha. In contrast, WoW is generally pretty free reign, leaving us with the freedom to suffer and berate each other, leading to things like raider.io. In this situation, FFXIV wouldn't even let you go near the raid without the full cloak quest, and probably some solo scenario, potentially cast vehicle-like as another character/class, to experience some of the mechanics alone haha!

Pros and cons in both approaches, but this is a perfect example of FFXIV's lean being perhaps a little more desired!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    You know I was just saying to a friend last night as I concluded my "vacation from WoW" sabbatical in FFXIV that FFXIV kinda over-regulates and over-gates a lot of their content behind actual skill tests and story steps. The community of that game fully supports the idea because it weeds out "people that shouldn't be grouping with other people," letting them have their reputation of "surface friendliness" because the game, not the community, makes sure you "get good" before you "burden others with your newness." You prety much have to hope your friends can pass the story tests to join you on guild raid night haha. In contrast, WoW is generally pretty free reign, leaving us with the freedom to suffer and berate each other, leading to things like raider.io. In this situation, FFXIV wouldn't even let you go near the raid without the full cloak quest, and probably some solo scenario, potentially cast vehicle-like as another character/class, to experience some of the mechanics alone haha!

Pros and cons in both approaches, but this is a perfect example of FFXIV's lean being perhaps a little more desired!
    Not to mention, no one would be calling for nerfs because it has a mechanic that can wipe you. FFXIV's lfr style raids are full of insta-death mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Blizzard giving their player base too much credit once again. They need to realize most players are lazy as hell and want everything handed to them.
    ....the funny thing is the cloak is LITERALLY handed to you...I mean you have to go do a semi long questline but its nothing difficult AND they LITERALLY hand you this cloak

Sounds a lot harder than heroic, good job blizzard.

I really hope that all of the characters without the cloaks weren't mains..

I think Blizzard underestimated how few people want to bother getting the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    I really hope that all of the characters without the cloaks weren't mains..
    Dude holy crap your post just made it hit me full force: This LFR tier, people are indirectly, essentially limited to their mains for queueing up.

Of course some people will do the 8.3 unlock line multiple times, but my surface observation is that's seen as crazytalk and should (and has yet to) be sufficiently shortcutted.

"Only mains" in the LFR queue. Man I'm so glad I just got my dragon and can just nope out of all that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....the funny thing is the cloak is LITERALLY handed to you...I mean you have to go do a semi long questline but its nothing difficult AND they LITERALLY hand you this cloak
    Precisely what I mean. But apparently doing a questline to be able to down the expansion's final boss is asking too much.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I have 5 120s, my main has the cloak, but only at rank 2. I don't have the cloak with any alter. So... I can't do LFR with any character?

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    I have 5 120s, my main has the cloak, but only at rank 2. I don't have the cloak with any alter. So... I can't do LFR with any character?
    Well, the problem is that you can haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    You can have the cloak at Rank 1 as long as you have it. Without it you just get instantly MCd, it's nothing to do with any rank of the cloak.

LFR being harder is fine. I don’t care if LFR is in the game or not but having it be completely free and afkable is shit design imo. I imagine it’ll get nerfed though because people would rather whine for 10 hours then actually try for 2 hours.

However being able to que without the cloak seems like an oversight. Hopefully that gets fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchthereaper View Post
    Actually if you read the cloak it does not reduce sanity in the raid it specifically says reduces sanity loss within visions of n'zoth....so yea
    Except thats not the part why people get kicked, fighting carapace and n'zoth without cape instantly mind controls you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Creative attunement design in 2020.

10 / 10.

I expected the cloak requirement to stay. I also expected it to be a requirement in order to queue LFR.

Being able to enter a raid with two bosses who instantly take you out of the fight because you lack something is not fun for anyone involved.

Everyone who knew the cloak was mandatory already has it, and the kind of players who don't have it, wouldn't know it's mandatory (or even exists) unless the UI literally tells them so...

They will either rework the mechanic or disable queuing without cloak.

LFR must be foolproof, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Well, the problem is that you can haha!
    It's a stupid design. Being the casual mode, LFR should not require it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty ridiculous of blizzard to expect players to develop their characters. Fools!