Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, you could get your point across without being insulting an aggressive. But I'll bite on this point.

No question, Subs were going down, subs are down and I wondered what it meant that they switched to MAUs (though technically you can still sieve through the quarterly reports to find out how much money Blizzard is making from WoW compared to months and years before)

Now..if for you those are "Yes, more hints for shills to handwave. " - to bad that the people who disliked WoW when it had 12 million subs "handwaved" this fact with claims that "Blizzard fakes the numbers" and most of all "It only means flies like shit"

So the " measure of protecting oneself from a hurtful truth" seems to be strong on both sides.
    They switched to MAUs because it's a better metric for almost all ActiBlizz games.

Mobile games don't have a subscription.

CoD games don't have a subscription (except the yearly new release).

D3/Overwatch/WC3/HoTS don't have a subscription.

So it makes everything a lot easier to see in similar terms. Number of WoW Subs should be very similar to MAUs for WoW specifically, unless people stay subbed but don't log in.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Tons of repeatable content in WoW, if nothing fancies you, you search for other games not demand from a game to do content you like.
    I don't agree. I think the right approach is to give feedback to Blizzard of what you like and don't like. Then they can make decisions based on the majority. For example, if most players like content like M+, then Blizzard should focus on making more content like this in the new expansion. If people don't like Warfronts then Blizzard should make less content like this. Feedback is gold if they use it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough. I say the term "great fun content" is a pretty vague though.
    I think there is a general agreement in WoW of what content people actually enjoy. For example, I don't think most players find World Quests to be engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

And whatever an example of "forcing them into boring content by gating powerful rewards behind it " would be?
    For example Warfronts. Most people only do these because of the rewards, but they don't enjoy the actual content of the Warfront

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    As a player that returned in 8.3 one thing i really loathe is how EVERYTHING is behind an artificial time gate. I get why they do it but its a horrible design, and especially bad for players that are behind. I dont anticipate they will change that but it will probably keep me from buying SL.
    There are a lot of catch-up systems in place.

You can get your Heart upgraded in just a few weeks. Consider how other people are working on that since 8.0., same with Essences. People have run Eternal Palace and Mechagon for weeks and farmed rep and currency for month to get the Essences.

Why should you be rewarded for quitting and jumping in at the end of the expansion even more then you already are? If you want the stuff you put in the work and time to get it. Anything else would be simply unfair to everyone that played the expansion the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    .. if you want to keep me as a player:

1.) Make Shadowlands alt friendly
    2.) Do not hide Thorgast behind a grind
    3.) Make reputations account based
    4.) Add a ton of content instead of a a ton of time gates or effort gates
    5.) Make LFR bearable, and not a wipe party
    6.) Add back PVP vendors instead of bar filling games
    7.) Remove Azerite Power / Anima Power / Artefact power / whatever power and do not replace it by a new label
    8.) Remove Titanforging / Corruption / <new name for Shadowlands> and do not replace it by a new label
    9.) Make pvp fair again
    10.) Make my playtime worthwile, give me an ongoing character progression from accessible solo or group content

and

11.) Be less greedy, Ion, listen? LESS greedy. Let me play what i want to play, and do not try to force me into your wet dream of gameplay. I will NEVER join a premade group for raids or dungeons.

But as i know that you, Ion, would rather troll your customers than to listen to their feedback, it is very likely i will not going to play Shadowlands. As i know you and your alikes reactions to feedback already. You know, people asking you to remove Titanforging, and you adding Corruption. Or people telling you they like flying and you removing it. All those little meanies you thought would be funny.
    They wount make it. Didnt u realize WoW is already about "seasons". New exp is a season new big patch is a minor season. They want and need to keep subs flow n flow. I dont like it but i understand them as money making company. They need cash flow they need income in every month not big money shoot twice or less in a year.

Feedback is given and even in this small sample sitze of a forum, poster viciously disagree. I don't need to drag out that 1000 page thread on "flying yes / no" with several groups going back and forth on mutually exclusive opinions.

So I would think: If you had pathfinder in Legion and have it in BfA, data suggests it is something that works as intended now for Blizzard. Unless they do a big 180 on it in SL.

I don't know if Blizzard employees chat to random players and ask them what they like. I mean...they could force a poll on you before you log in, but other than that...feedback comes in small numbers and is contradicting. And even this forum isn't a representative chunk of the players, as ppl here tend to be more hardcore.

Changes to CV and Vessels show that they adjust things to feedback. Changes to essences show that they clearly hear the uproar, but still decide to NOT give it you for free accountwide.

Btw...I found warfronts "okay", in part fun and the rewards not exactly "great". Maybe the HM warfront reward is "great".

But that is another problem. Us posters thing Blizzard cannot analyze data properly, but on the other hand we think just by a gut feeling or the anecdotal evidence of "all my friends" mean we know what "most people" want or don't want.

Finally: "I think there is a general agreement in WoW of what content people actually enjoy. For example, I don't think most players find World Quests to be engaging." - then what DO ppl..what do YOU find engaging.

People always come here and go "this is boring". Give me "fun" content." How about telling me what you find fun and not what you don't find fun. I think that helps more.

And since we are at gut feeling: Maybe most ppl do find WQs as a whole engaging, but not all of them. For example, I hate Caligraphy, but like the shell matching game. I like WQs where I kill a named mob but hate the ones where there are kill 8 of this and 10 of that". I am ok with closing 5 fissues with the HoA but hate absorbing Azerite.
    Of course there are different opinions, but that doesn't mean we should keep quiet.

The only thing I can really control is my own opinion and I am going to give it, because I can. It might go against what other people thinks but that is how the world works.

I think there is a lot of content in the game that you only do because of the reward, but you don't actually enjoy the content. The reason you like the WQ where you just kill a named character is probably because you can get the reward of the WQ very easily. But do you actually enjoy the WQ itself? Do you have fun killing the one named mob? Would you do that WQ if it had no reward?

I think that is the most important question: How much content of WoW would you do if it had no reward? How much content would you do because it is actually fun?

Personally I can only answer M+ and Mythic Raiding, which is fine by me, but I would be happy if I could add more content to that

7.) Remove Azerite Power / Anima Power / Artefact power / whatever power and do not replace it by a new label
    8.) Remove Titanforging / Corruption / <new name for Shadowlands> and do not replace it by a new label
    9.) Make pvp fair again
    10.) Make my playtime worthwile, give me an ongoing character progression from accessible solo or group content

and

11.) Be less greedy, Ion, listen? LESS greedy. Let me play what i want to play, and do not try to force me into your wet dream of gameplay. I will NEVER join a premade group for raids or dungeons.

But as i know that you, Ion, would rather troll your customers than to listen to their feedback, it is very likely i will not going to play Shadowlands. As i know you and your alikes reactions to feedback already. You know, people asking you to remove Titanforging, and you adding Corruption. Or people telling you they like flying and you removing it. All those little meanies you thought would be funny.
    Lol. Give me everything for nothing. Just go away. I would rather pay 20% on top of my sub just to keep this kind of players away from the game community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Never took anybody serious who used the word "shill".
    People that use 'shill' are the same folks that invent conspiracy theories then look at you like your a moron for not sharing their delusion.

- - - Updated - - -

I already unsubed WoW. I am sure that is enough to show them my disgust.
    So you lied in your OP... and this is nothing more than an 'I quit' thread.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    -snip-
    enjoying the taste of boot-polish?
    You're aware this is a game, meant to be enjoyed not worked on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Translation: "I suspect the truth, but I don't want to hear it and I don't want to believe it because I really don't like it".

Which one of us sounds more fanatical? The one who questions God, or the one who doesn't and thinks that God can do no wrong?
    I suspect many things, some of them about various individuals, but if I cant prove them, they remain at best suspicions. Or are you suggesting that my suspicions are actually facts?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

How is this thread still going, lol. What a joke.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    How is this thread still going, lol. What a joke.
    That really is a good question.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will have Anima Power
    Petition to rename Anima Power with "Enema Power"

xD

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That really is a good question.
    Hey I don't blame the OP for being just some punk - I know beacuse I used to think I could change WoW with bullshit threads like this when I was 15, but then again I'd halfass my job if I was a mod aswell, not like I'd be getting paid anyway. This site should be ashamed for having a "premium" mode.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Fair point. But taken to an extreme, there is nothing "actually fun" in WoW.
    I play M+ and Mythic raiding because I actually enjoy the content. I would play this content even if there was no reward. That is my definition of enjoyable content. The rest of the content in WoW I only do to power up my character for M+ and Mythic raiding. I would never ever ever do a single WQ if it had no reward. I never do a WQ for the enjoyment of the content. WQs are something which you just want to get done as quickly as possible. And for me it's the same with Island Expeditions and Warfronts. I only do this content because if the reward

3+ Year Old Account

9.) Make pvp fair again

and

QUIT THE GAME

You're asking Ion to let you play what you want to play. Then stop limiting yourself to only WoW. It's one game in a sea of thousands of good games. WoW is not special, not even better than many of the other games out there. Stop being a fucking close minded slave to the trend, goddamn sheeple NO ONE IS PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD. Ion is not forcing you to play something you don't want, YOU ARE.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    QUIT THE GAME

You're asking Ion to let you play what you want to play. Then stop limiting yourself to only WoW. It's one game in a sea of thousands of good games. WoW is not special, not even better than many of the other games out there. Stop being a fucking close minded slave to the trend, goddamn sheeple NO ONE IS PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD. Ion is not forcing you to play something you don't want, YOU ARE.
    He says he's already unsubbed, this is just a charade.

3+ Year Old Account
    He's probably sitting in front of his PC, completely lost, not smart enough to understand he should just buy another game and stfu about his old game.

It was obvious OP was an attention whore from the fact he chose that title knowing that Ion doesn't care about this forum.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

So? Abolish raids? Even in the times of Classic, TBC and WotLK - it was a minority that raided. I always wondered what the others did.
    Regarding the devs, they leveled and played dungeons. And no, i would not abolish raids. I would change LFR gameplay to cater to matchmade groups. Currently, it is just watered down mechanics from the premade gameplay. And N'Zoth shows, once again, that LFR does not really cater to the gameplay people expect in LFR.

What DOES the majority want according to your measure?
    Well, obviously, most people play LFR, dungeons (plus Warfronts, plus Islands and other scenarios) and open world content. LFR is really bad designed, in special in 8.3. Open world content is not really replayable, so i would invest a lot more effort into that content. Dungeons could need an ongoing character progression in matchmade group setups.

The list that you posted? How do you know?
    The list that i posted are my wishes for shadowlands. No idea if there is a majority who would like it. What i know is that mythic+ dungeons and mythic raids surely do not adress a majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you lied in your OP... and this is nothing more than an 'I quit' thread.
    Not really, as i planned to return for shadowlands. Well, but i think i will not if the main flaws persist.

- - - Updated - - -

You better have filled out that form where you are asked why you quit with your little list of 11 points, titled: "Ok, Hazzikostas, listen.."
    Oh, be sure i did. Just a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There are so many games in the world now, why not play something else? Its a matter of willpower to quit WoW.

It is just all the time investment i did into the game. I mean, all my chars, all my fond memories of the past. I am not an emotional guy, but that are the things that kept me playing. Nostalgia and at least some gameplay that made me happy. But currently.. it is not really fun anymore. And if nothing changes for Shadowlands, i see no reason to return then anymore.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-16 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I don't agree. I think the right approach is to give feedback to Blizzard of what you like and don't like. Then they can make decisions based on the majority. For example, if most players like content like M+, then Blizzard should focus on making more content like this in the new expansion. If people don't like Warfronts then Blizzard should make less content like this. Feedback is gold if they use it right.
    But they don't collect feedback that is first issue. Second issue things like islands are completely optional and I do like them, I did my own little pool when playing islands and somehow people were generally positive about it. As opposed to people on this forum. This is because, if you inquire random players in game, you will get vastly different opinions.

AND warfronts are also optional and some people like them too. I don't see a reason why blizzard should do content just for majority or minority. Real gold of this game is having options.