Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    465 is about on the bottom ilvl of who might get invited to a pug that has realistic chances of downing it and with many more weeks of 8.3 to go, you will get to 470+ easily. Much bigger issue is not having aotc already.
    Which makes no sense, considering heroic drops 465 gear.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    The only ones I do not understand why they are going away are the end dungeon mounts (Jaina, N'zoth) If Ashes of Alar is still in the game as well as Invincible, and the Gul'dan mounts, why are these two being removed?
    They're not going away but become much harder to obtain with drop chance going down. The better question is why it's not 1% as we're used to but even less and why don't they share it, whatever it is?

Getting jaina mount is piss easy right now, hypocrites lol.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-07-24 at 07:02 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    They're not going away but become much harder to obtain with drop chance going down. The better question is why it's not 1% as we're used to but even less and why don't they share it, whatever it is?

Getting jaina mount is piss easy right now, hypocrites lol.
    And where you got info it's not 1%? They never reveal drop chances, but it's usual drop rate from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Yea, he can barely put on his pants in the morning I hear ...

Oh wait ... I forgot. He's the Game Director for the most successful mmo in history at one of the worlds largest and most successful video game companies. He's presided over the wow franchise as it re-engaged to historically high numbers in 2020. Shadowlands is his baby, and it has hype going through the roof right now. Oh, and for the cherry ... whatever he's doing appears to be good enough that YOU still visit a website dedicated to the franchise he runs.

Your comment makes you sounds like an emo 12 year lashing out because he didn't get his evening milk & cookie on time.
    He inherited Game Director for the most successful MMO in history. He is solely responsible for the worst/second worst expansion the games 15 year history.

You have no facts or numbers to back up "historically high numbers in 2020". Nor is Shadowlands hype "through the roof". Maybe venture outside this dead pathetic little fan site and you'll realise no one really cares about WoW anymore.

But don't let me stop you fanboying over Ion.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And where you got info it's not 1%? They never reveal drop chances, but it's usual drop rate from raids.
    I'm just going off the Antorus Urzul odds which atm appear to be less than for whatever the reason.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'm just going off the Antorus Urzul odds which atm appear to be less than for whatever the reason.
    But so far very few people solo M Antorus, most are groups where chance is probably split among 2-20 people.

Quote Originally Posted by IdiocracyIsReal View Post
    Indeed it does and that's their new business model. Replacing content with rewards that disappear for no reason, replacing end game content with repeatable endless grind for imaginary points that increase player's power. Fail to log in - miss out on stuff.

What a disgusting company has Blizzard become.
    Get good lmao. Not their fault you're too bad at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Get good lmao. Not their fault you're too bad at the game.
    Here's a comment bereft of any tact or anything useful to add.

I agree with several posters on the stupidity of Blizzard to remove content for no good reason.

Still pissed off at them getting rid of the heirlooms from Mythic Garrosh, since it turns out those
    heirlooms were actually BETTER than the ones you could use.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Boy thats a whole lot of desperate end of expansion fomo driven resub bait. Greasy.
    Yep, I won't resub because of this because my character isn't even high enough ilvl to get in any of the heroic nor mythic raids lol, I don't even have a guild because I unsubbed like 2 months ago but thanks Blizzard.

I guess they're still going full steam with the stupid decision to get rid of the Brutosaur mount. Nevermind the fact it's unpopular. Nevermind the fact that people have been asking for a regular one since launch. Nevermind the fact that the genie is out of the bottle for the AH vendor on a mount. But who are we? Just the people who pay the bills so we know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Missing out on stuff if you didn't log in has been a thing since vanilla. I didn't log in during Scarab Lord event, should I be mad because I didn't get the mount?(it's an example, don't worry about the logic) Amani War Bear? Invincible? Hand of A'dal? And the list go on. I do have the Bear and Hand of A'dal, because I was there when it was current. Yes, you can get most of the mounts at a 1% chance later on, but you get the idea.

Fearing on missing out is a thing for everything in life. Some stuff is expansion only, and it should stay that way. Maybe these are better examples: I didn't do the MoP Challenge modes because I didn't do it and barely played in MoP. But I have zero reason to be mad that I don't have those transmogs now. I didn't do all the challenges modes in WoD, only 4. But I don't deserve the weapon mogs because I didn't do them all. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand people complaining about these kinds of stuff to get before the expansion goes away because it's based purely on rng. It's the exception however.
    Dont forget the plagued/black proto drakes (immortal/undying titles), ToGC insanity mounts, zulian tiger mount, Original Naxx transmogs, and plenty more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Here's a comment bereft of any tact or anything useful to add.

I agree with several posters on the stupidity of Blizzard to remove content for no good reason.

Still pissed off at them getting rid of the heirlooms from Mythic Garrosh, since it turns out those
    heirlooms were actually BETTER than the ones you could use.
    The reason is to keep those items unique. You don't deserve everything in the game if you can't earn it yourself without needing to be 10 levels ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Dont forget the plagued/black proto drakes (immortal/undying titles), ToGC insanity mounts, zulian tiger mount, Original Naxx transmogs, and plenty more.
    Ye, the list is very long!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ye, the list is very long!
    These back then were things very select few people could even obtain

Since MoP and after they started removing things that over 10% of the players seemed to be getting like the CM sets, Legendary questlines, mage tower skins etc.

If something was obtained by like 0.1% of the people (scarab lord mount, Tribute mounts, Zog saron zero realm first title etc) then it is a prestige related reward.
    If something that a huge numbers of people can get when it is obtainable then it is just a FOMO tactic.

I have my Brutosaur (which I see everywhere recently) so I will be fine but I will really feel bad for the others.

The reason is to keep those items unique. You don't deserve everything in the game if you can't earn it yourself without needing to be 10 levels ahead.
    As I said above it is not unique if too many people have already gotten it. Don't confuse special hardocre super rewards with the WoW equivalent for event limited pokemon distributions
    Last edited by manos1234; 2020-07-25 at 07:16 PM.

I stopped caring a long time ago about collecting things once it became clear that it was impossible to collect everything. Mounts, pets, achievements... all of it is just pointless if you can never complete the collection.

I have my Hivemind that actually took the effort to get and was challenging. Not resubbing for the chance at any of those. Hurry up SL.

I can't use those worm / asian dragon mounts,. they move way too much sideways left n right,.
    i get motion sickness.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    No pkease blizzsrd! Dont do this!

10+ Year Old Account
    But they aren't "unique" if at least 2 people have the same item now are they?

And last I checked, you don't get to decide what people "deserve" to get or don't, seeing as how these people pay a subscription fee,
    same as everyone else. So take that elitist mentality to the dumpster where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    But they aren't "unique" if at least 2 people have the same item now are they?

And last I checked, you don't get to decide what people "deserve" to get or don't, seeing as how these people pay a subscription fee,
    same as everyone else. So take that elitist mentality to the dumpster where it belongs.
    Yea I do? I'm a better player than you because I got them and you didn't.

Yea, they are gonna be more unique because people that pay $15 a month only to scrub around in WQs and >10 mythics (the majority of the playerbase) isn't going to get them.

Not to mention this is all the same every year. Again, just get good. Put actual time into the game. If you don't have the time, then what are you doing subscribed to something you can't get any use out of?
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2020-07-26 at 04:01 PM.