Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You're essentially arguing that its travel time makes it kind of function like a DoT across multiple enemies, so every time it moves off an enemy and then over a new one the new enemy will get hit by the damage as well? So max 5 mobs at a time being hit, but it could conceivably hit like 20 mobs if it passes completely over a couple groups?

That seems really complicated but it could work out.
    jup, thats it. it would be an ideal world for ret

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What am I missing? Part of what made Final Verdict so good was that it did Holy Damage while Templar's Verdict (was that the finisher at the time?) did Physical. The only difference is +5 yd range. The proc is nice I guess but aside from that I don't get the hype.
    Well it also had a cool spell effect

Which I'm hoping they bring back!

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post

I mean sure fair enough, but if you use this legendary it's for the 50% HoW proc, not for Final Verdict itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I mean sure fair enough, but if you use this legendary it's for the 50% HoW proc, not for Final Verdict itself.
    I'm using it for Final verdict. I miss that ability so much.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I'm using it for Final verdict. I miss that ability so much.

Same and the proc is the icing on the cake!

7+ Year Old Account

They revamped the effect as well... and I find the new one cool enough xD

They can be seen in the link below (I still can't post links yet, so just bring the blank spaces back together xD). Thanks to the Dalaran Gaming channel:
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2020-07-28 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Embedded video link after verifying (since poster didn't have privileges to post links at the time)

I get we're only getting 1 Legendary on release, but the synergy of Final Verdict and Mad Paragon seems absolutely mental. Excited for the implications, assuming they don't drill the latter into the ground. Seems abusable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhgarm-Azralon View Post
    They revamped the effect as well... and I find the new one cool enough xD

They can be seen in the link below (I still can't post links yet, so just bring the blank spaces back together xD). Thanks to the Dalaran Gaming channel:
    https : / /www . youtube . com / watch?v=_Sr2G8y3C_E
    It looks similar to what it did in WoD...they just added the golden wings like TV has

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks similar to what it did in WoD...they just added the golden wings like TV has
    Yeah, you are right... My memory about it was a bit different, but now, looking at old videos from WoD, it's really very similar, almost the same. Wich to me is actually fine xD

Paladins legendaries are awesome.
    Really like Prot and Rets. I don't know much about Holy so I can't say

I've been playing some beta and honestly i feel like i should reroll away from ret.

Retadins are arguably the WORST dps in the game, it feels worse to play than bfa release... cant say im surprised with nerf after nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by kebabmasterxd View Post
    I've been playing some beta and honestly i feel like i should reroll away from ret.

Retadins are arguably the WORST dps in the game, it feels worse to play than bfa release... cant say im surprised with nerf after nerf.
    how can it possibly be worse than bfa release? i don't have beta myself but from what i've seen it looks so much better than live
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Been considering that myself; it feels REALLY slow, I know the spec is inherently slow and granted most classes do at the moment given the squish but c'mon... Even the current low haste BFA Mastery stacking build can at times feel slow but at least in your wings / burst windows you hit like a freight train.

Mained Ret since MOP but kept my DK running closely alongside, might jump ship to DK at the start and see how things pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynnxx View Post
    Been considering that myself; it feels REALLY slow, I know the spec is inherently slow and granted most classes do at the moment given the squish but c'mon... Even the current low haste BFA Mastery stacking build can at times feel slow but at least in your wings / burst windows you hit like a freight train.

Mained Ret since MOP but kept my DK running closely alongside, might jump ship to DK at the start and see how things pan out.
    everything is slow with low haste, no azureite, no essence no corruption

We're at the enf of the expansion and my DK, although not super geared still has dead times.
    Just warning you that the grass isn't greener on the other side. It has its own problems.
    All energy classes also tend to have a dry spell. They all need haste to feel better.

Been considering that myself; it feels REALLY slow.
    Retadins are arguably the WORST dps in the game.
    You guys must be playing a different beta to me.

DPS hasn't been an issue and considering we are going from BFA to blue geared premades it does not feel slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    i don't have beta myself but from what i've seen it looks so much better than live
    It is, Ret plays great on beta and is in a really good spot right now, try to get let this place get you down with it's negativity.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2020-08-05 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I may actually pvp again if we get this!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I get we're only getting 1 Legendary on release, but the synergy of Final Verdict and Mad Paragon seems absolutely mental. Excited for the implications, assuming they don't drill the latter into the ground. Seems abusable.
    yes when they allow us to use 2 legendaries if they dont nerf them it will be crazy, use it with nightfae cooldown reduction blessing as well and we will play with wings so much

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    yes when they allow us to use 2 legendaries if they dont nerf them it will be crazy, use it with nightfae cooldown reduction blessing as well and we will play with wings so much
    They already cut Mad Paragon to 2 sec rather than 3, but still seems pretty tasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    It is, Ret plays great on beta and is in a really good spot right now, try to get let this place get you down with it's negativity.
    It playing well with the right talents is one thing, but do consider that we have no less than 6, yes, 6 dead talents right now (not counting PvP talents), several of which are trap talents that some new players might look at thinking they are decent but are actually complete trash, such as healing hands and final verdict. We also still have crippling mobility problems, that hasn't changed at all yet...

And Retribution aura is somehow still a thing despite all the backlash...

And seemingly almost all of our class development time is being shoveled into Aura of Seasons...

So, yeah, things might be looking better than BFA, but just because something is looking better doesn't mean it's good enough... There are still problems that need fixing, and we shouldn't relent with our displeasure and settle for it's current state.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-08-07 at 07:20 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.