Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Perhaps, if she felt forced to do this as a way to show the Forsaken she was serious about doing anything if it meant proving herself to them and showing them that she was willing to go to any length to understand what they went through, so that she could empathize and be a good ruler I could see her telling herself she only had to do it once.

Her body is also apparently being maintained by the Light which may present an interesting twist in terms of a choice of hers on how to maintain her body. If it's painful on a regular basis to enforce and perpetuate the Lightforging, after many years and years of pain she may consider eventually throwing aside her morals to avoid the pain if even for a little while. This kind of spiral could potentially be dangerous for her if she kept falling victim to the addiction of trying to stop the pain, especially if the Forsaken ever came around to idealizing her as they once did.

How can I trust someone who wont partake?

"Fear not the dark, and let the feast begin."

Wonder how canon Cannibalize is in the end, as the Forsaken don't really have to eat and it's not like human flesh has a rejuvenating effect on them outside in-game hitpoints. But assuming it is canon it'd be an interesting question. I would think Calia refused, but if it became a political thing, that the people at large would hold it against her if she didn't partake, I suppose she would have her some? At the cost of her own self-respect. In a way it reminds me of the very first episode of Black Mirror.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I don't think that ability is canon. It NEVER gets mentioned anywhere. Otherwise it would be quite hard to cooperate with them in any way. Same with the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Wonder how canon Cannibalize is in the end, as the Forsaken don't really have to eat and it's not like human flesh has a rejuvenating effect on them outside in-game hitpoints. But assuming it is canon it'd be an interesting question. I would think Calia refused, but if it became a political thing, that the people at large would hold it against her if she didn't partake, I suppose she would have her some? At the cost of her own self-respect. In a way it reminds me of the very first episode of Black Mirror.
    like the addiction for violence of the dks, the lich king added addiction for human flesh in his troops.
    thats how it was in vanilla. in cata we dont know how it was managed, if the valkyries still add that or not.
    anyway undeads still should have a deep hate and jelously for the living, so cannibalizing should still be "normal" for them, even without the instilled addiction.
    but you know, blizzard dropped the ball and all should be boring human potential

Calia is what would happen if Hitler's sister wanted to rule over Jews
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-09-10 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Calia is what would happen if Hitler's sister wanted to rule over Jews
    Bad analogy.
    The forsaken still love some Menethils.
    They’re the people who buried/erected/engraved the tomb for Terenas.
    If they don’t blame the father, why would they blame the sister?

Love a bad Hitler analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Bad analogy.
    The forsaken still love some Menethils.
    They’re the people who buried/erected/engraved the tomb for Terenas.
    If they don’t blame the father, why would they blame the sister?

Love a bad Hitler analogy.
    Forsaken didn't build his tomb though?
    So... Terenas Tomb in Lordaeron. Who built that? Was it the Forsaken, or the Silver Hand?
    The tomb of King Terenas Menethil II was not built by Lordaeron's current residents or the Silver Hand; the tomb was crafted by the ruined city's former citizens. Great were the deeds of Lordaeron's last true king, and his people risked everything to ensure that his memory would not be forgotten.

Damn forgot cannibalize exists, it still exists right? and if so do they even use it anymore for gameplay, would cast it back when I made a few undead alts all those years ago, when heath reg was slow.

Does she even need to eat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Calia probably thinks that eating along with other aspects required for living are now mundane since becoming a LightRisen. No longer needs to breath? I can totally understand the Forsaken who tore down my home and potentially ate/raised my husband and child into undeath and whose fate I still don't know about or seemingly care about anymo- hey check out Jaina's dead brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given that Calia isn't quite the same order of being as most Forsaken, I'd wager Cannibalize isn't in her skill-set to begin with. In the narrative sense I think it's probably likely she'd pass on that form of "meal," probably politely excusing herself from the table and then heading to her rooms to perhaps reevaluate her unlife choices. I also doubt any among the Forsaken would actually serve "free-range Paladin" at any kind of formal or state dinner function, since they'd likely have a number of non-Forsaken guests in attendance.
    I mean would Orcs, Trolls and Tauren actually be against eating that? Trolls eat flesh, Orcs even had a clan that sometimes resorted to eating their own so I doubt they would turn their nose up at human and well lesser Tauren are served up to humans so seems like they would see it as fair game. Only ones that might have an issue are the elves and goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Very funny guys, when was the last time they acknowledged that Forsaken eat flesh in canon?
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't think that ability is canon. It NEVER gets mentioned anywhere. Otherwise it would be quite hard to cooperate with them in any way. Same with the trolls.
    Cataclysm is the last instance I remember it being mentioned in dialogue and I didn't play Horde in Legion or BfA so I'm not aware if it's mentioned during their campaigns. Though fun fact: Drustvar Kul'Tirans do apparently rarely eat people.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I mean would Orcs, Trolls and Tauren actually be against eating that? Trolls eat flesh, Orcs even had a clan that sometimes resorted to eating their own so I doubt they would turn their nose up at human and well lesser Tauren are served up to humans so seems like they would see it as fair game. Only ones that might have an issue are the elves and goblins.
    The Horde made the Darkspear give up cannibalism as a requirement to join the Horde, so they're probably opposed to the consumption of other sentient races on general principle. The Bonechewer clan was also kind of a pariah-clan among the other clans on Draenor, consistently thought of as insane and dangerous (which they of course were). The Tauren would definitely be opposed to it on general principle. Plus the fact that it's probably a diplomatic stink just waiting to happen all sums to the notion that it's just a bad idea from the get-go.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde made the Darkspear give up cannibalism as a requirement to join the Horde, so they're probably opposed to the consumption of other sentient races on general principle. The Bonechewer clan was also kind of a pariah-clan among the other clans on Draenor, consistently thought of as insane and dangerous (which they of course were). The Tauren would definitely be opposed to it on general principle. Plus the fact that it's probably a diplomatic stink just waiting to happen all sums to the notion that it's just a bad idea from the get-go.
    I was about to respond with the counter argument that the members of the Horde also eat Murlocs and "Mystery Meat" which is sourced from a number of creatures including beasts, human soldiers, centaurs and ogres but after doing a little digging in where the recipes come from it turns out I was mistaken. In fact most of the recipes that involve mystery meat and murloc parts to create are actually either Alliance quest rewards or owned by human traders affiliated with the Alliance or are sold by a neutral ogre trader. Which seems to suggest the Alliance are actually the ones more partial to eating sentient creatures and the odd cannibalism... so you might be correct in the Horde palate being a bit more civilised being based primarily around boars, kodo, tallstriders and other beasts and birds of prey.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about her, but I would.

*Om nom nom nom*
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

We don't even know how canon Cannibalize is. Lorewise Forsaken don't need to eat and would gain no benefit from doing so, thus them regenerating from eating humanoid flesh seems like gameplay mechanics and flavor more than anything else. The Horde also made the Darkspear give up cannibalism back when they joined, and would likely take a dim view of Forsaken doing the same thing in broad daylight; some Forsaken likely partake in the act if only out of spite or lolevil tendencies, but I doubt it's a common event even for them.

Might as well ask if Sylvanas ever ate someone, and she doesn't seem the type to do so at all, especially not eating some smelly human or something.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well yes, but they were eating each other so that was a problem. Eating humans shouldn't really be problem. In fact one of dalaran cooking quests for horde hints that they may add a bit of gnome to hot dogs.

Lorewise forsaken don't need food. Cannibalize is an in-game gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Very funny guys, when was the last time they acknowledged that Forsaken eat flesh in canon?
    Racial skills aren't canon I suppose. I'd also assume Calia would use a knife and fork.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing a shes a shit fake undead i don't see her doing it.

As the rightful queen of the Forsaken, it's not up to her to adopt their customs, rather, it's up to the peasants to adopt hers.