Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So I answer you the question I have asked of people several times before. If its the 29th why was there no warning last week and why is there still no date?

based on everything the 6th with the 'real' pvp season end announcement coming some time this week is the most logical. Especially if there is another video to accompany such an announcement this Thursday.
    There have been pvp seasons end with 8, 10, or 12 days left. They could easily announce prepatch release on Thursday or Friday and have it come out on the 29th. Also, if the weekly maintenance is like 6+ hours, it will be next week. If it is not, then it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The end of season announcement had tended to be less than 2 weeks before the actual release. This one is shorter than usual, sure, but I fail to see why that should override the even more out of place 3 week pre-patch.

Something has to give, and I am more inclined ot believe Blizzard would err on the side of caution with prematurely announing the pre-patch and then slightly inconvenience PvP players as opposed to making this pre-patch the shortest one yet.
    I haven't kept up on the status of the PTR. Is it so buggy that its reasonable to assume Blizzard can't commit to the patch being ready on the 29th?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I haven't kept up on the status of the PTR. Is it so buggy that its reasonable to assume Blizzard can't commit to the patch being ready on the 29th?
    Not really. Last I checked everything was going smoothly. Not to mention that the actual pre-patch events have not been available for some time, so unless Blizzard plans on rushing some of that testing I would have to assume they are confident it is bug free.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

PTR is fine for the most part. Most of the really buggy stuff is in the beta itself, so nothing to stop it from being on the 29th. I mean character copy is bugged, but that is only a PTR thing soo....

Not really. Last I checked everything was going smoothly. Not to mention that the actual pre-patch events have not been available for some time, so unless Blizzard plans on rushing some of that testing I would have to assume they are confident it is bug free.
    Then I don't see a reason why Blizzard wouldn't announce at the usual timing window, which is why I think it will be the 6th.
    And yes that is a shorter pre-patch and I don't know why, aside from maybe not wanting the zombie invasion to disrupt play for to long?

Then I don't see a reason why Blizzard wouldn't announce at the usual timing window, which is why I think it will be the 6th.
    And yes that is a shorter pre-patch and I don't know why, aside from maybe not wanting the zombie invasion to disrupt play for to long?
    Why does having a non-buggy patch make you feel it will be 2 weeks. If anything, it would provide them the ability to go into it at 4 weeks on the 29th like they said previously.

Void Elves still don't have their proper underwear texture so that's why I'm leaning to the 6th at this point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Void Elves still don't have their proper underwear texture so that's why I'm leaning to the 6th at this point.
    So what your saying is they are in the nude. How is that an issue.

They could have decided to not announce it in case they changed their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

If they have not changed it yet then I imagine they wouldnt with another week.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    Why does having a non-buggy patch make you feel it will be 2 weeks. If anything, it would provide them the ability to go into it at 4 weeks on the 29th like they said previously.
    If the patch was buggy they could hold off on giving the announcement because they don't know if they will be ready in ~2 weeks. If the patch is stable they know they can safely deploy it whenever they want and there is no reason to not give the announcement in the usual time window.

I feel like 3 weeks is too short to figure out if the basic balance is right considering everything gets squished.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I feel like 3 weeks is too short to figure out if the basic balance is right considering everything gets squished.
    The balance at 110(50) during a pre-patch is not important to blizzard at all.
    testing balance at 60 is what the time before Mythic raids open is for.

If they have not changed it yet then I imagine they wouldnt with another week.
    They did say it was temporary and would be fixed, I doubt something like that would go live and be fixed during the expansion launch. Perhaps next build is finalizing up the ptr for pre-patch to drop.

This needs to be fixed or Shadowlands is ruined. I will sacrifice an entire patch if it means Void elves can have a new pair of underwears. Some things are just worth fighting for.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

They're not gonna fix it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Pre-patch info is valuable, but they need a full picture of Covs,, soulbinds, sonduits and leggos for balancing.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

They did say it was temporary and would be fixed, I doubt something like that would go live and be fixed during the expansion launch. Perhaps next build is finalizing up the ptr for pre-patch to drop.
    ARs weren't supposed to get updates so it is no wonder they didn't do anything beyond porting Blood Elf skintones over to them.
    Maybe teh underwear gets fixed in 11.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    They're not gonna fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    ARs weren't supposed to get updates so it is no wonder they didn't do anything beyond porting Blood Elf skintones over to them.
    Maybe teh underwear gets fixed in 11.3.5.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ves/537825/641

Just seems odd that they couldn't have fixed it by now.

They didn't give any real timeframes. Patch 11.3.5 is still in the Future.

Could be they already fixed it, they simply did not port it to the version of the PTR or Beta that we are playing.