Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    You'd be surprised. Writing code is just 1 part of it. You've got to account for the time it takes to run a build, deploy to staging, test that it works, deploy to production, and then test again. It's no small feat. The build process alone can range from a few minutes for small pieces of software, right up to taking several hours to complete. There are huge systems in place that ensure everything goes as planned, and if something goes wrong, it is stopped before it's too late. Even doing this for relatively small pieces of software requires that you never break these systems.

When you're adjusting core systems, such as player level, and ability power and mechanics, you do not want to have to also simultaneously maintain a separate, nearly identical set of code, just so one group of players can continue using the old mechanics in one part of the game. It is only feasible to update all these systems at the same time.

With corruptions having played such a huge part in this season, taking them away for a few weeks near the end would cause such a huge uproar from people. They can be the difference between getting the gladiator mount or being pushed down. Likewise, with so many classes and specs getting huge overhauls, it would not be reasonable to expect people to 'deal with it' because their previously strong spec got nerfed to the ground. And god forbid there are any major bugs that would break a spec entirely.
    I can guarantee you they could split the changes and keep the current stuff for PvP and push the patch live, they have tech in the game to do this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgebucket View Post
    you guys arguing about who is right? yet both are. this world is so divided that there are arguments about crap like this... the game releases at 5:01 PDT OCT 26 AND 12:01 UTC OCT 27. because its the SAME TIME game releases on oct 26 in USA/Canada and on oct 27th in Europe. not hard to understand at all
    And you are making a point that none of us are disputing. This is about the pre-patch, literally what's in the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    And you are making a point that none of us are disputing. This is about the pre-patch, literally what's in the thread title.
    i apologize haha

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    that the game releases at midnight on the 27th using the UTC time zone. That in that moment, locally, you may be the 26th or the 27th... however as UTC was stated as the time zone the statement 'it releases worldwide 00:00 27th UTC' is correct just as saying 'it releases worldwide 23:00 26th GMT'.

By stating the time zone it doesn't matter what date or time it is locally.

This is what UTC is for.
    If we really want to get down to technicalities, it's not releasing at 12 UTC, it's releasing at 12 CET which is UTC+1, so it's releasing at 11 UTC

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they would just tell us so can book a day off to play :s

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Wish they would just tell us so can book a day off to play :s
    Why book the prepatch day off? They generally don't even have the event up the first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    It is hilarious how people think "this cannot happen because of brewfest"

Yes, they'll scale THE WHOLE GAME, but three trinkets from brewfest are going to stop them
    Yeah such a silly theory that Brewfest is going to effect it, like there's literally hundreds of thousands of items, mobs and quests that will be changed :S

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If we really want to get down to technicalities, it's not releasing at 12 UTC, it's releasing at 12 CET which is UTC+1, so it's releasing at 11 UTC
    i just checked and can confirm. i cannot post links yet tho

Syn20 people are arguing about shadowlands release atm unless im crazy, maybe you did not read the thread? or am i crazy? but i was wrong.. its 11 UTC so OCT 26th even for UTC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Why book the prepatch day off? They generally don't even have the event up the first week.
    Because it's the first bit of "change" we've had in 9months :P

Hey, it's your vacation! Just remember that prepatch generally has more issues at launch than the expansion itself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by z0ddicEU View Post
    I feel like if it had been the 29th, we would've known by now - but yeah.. It's not impossible, we'll see!

I'd happily welcome it either of the dates ^_^
    I'm still sticking with the 29th all the way up to the 28th then I'll switch to the 6th

- - - Updated - - -

I scheduled my time like this:
    Tuesday - release date off
    Nov 17 - 30 off since M+ and raid drops on the 17th.
    We have Thursday Friday off for Thanksgiving so I played into that time. The reason I only started the real time off for the week when M+ is up is because I'll have enough time to level and work on gearing during the evenings but after the 17th, I will be able to spam M+ etc.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    If no blue post comes out today, it's on the 6th, sadly. I REALLY doubt that they will post it on the weekend or on monday.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I read somewhere pre-patch it's a deadline for some seasonal achievements, ppl like me who doing achievements for last call want know to date. Another thing is that less then 4 week is too small amount of time for normal players (i missed the word what we calling them, it's on brink of my mind cant find it). If it's 27oct you can answer me in a reply I will grateful.

Well, Blizzard?

*We're waiting.*

Considering we are on September 25th already and we still got no word about when the pre-patch will hit, and considering they are obligated to give a two weeks warning on PvP Season end, my guess is that the pre-patch will hit only at October 13th, which would make it the shortest pre-patch ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Considering we are on September 25th already and we still got no word about when the pre-patch will hit, and considering they are obligated to give a two weeks warning on PvP Season end, my guess is that the pre-patch will hit only at October 13th, which would make it the shortest pre-patch ever.
    PvP notice came on Monday. No, they didn't give an exact day, but they don't typically give exact days for the final pre-patch season end. There's been brisk discussion over whether its really 2 weeks (the last two expansion-ending PvP ending notices were 12 days for Legion and... I wanna say 10 days for WoD. I just know both were less than 14 days) or if its in fact 2 *maintenances* (Tuesdays, basically).

The exact date of the pre-patch notification typically only happens maybe 3-5 days before the pre-patch hits. So, technically it could be tomorrow but most folks think if that notice doesn't come today the prepatch won't hit until the following Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering they are obligated to give a two weeks warning on PvP Season end
    There are no legal repercussions if they dont give that warning, so no, they are not "obligated" as you put.
    And they said that the season is goin to end soon in their bluepost about the pre-patch features earlier this week...even if it isnt the format the pvp-people wanted, they got their post.

They are not obligated to do anything and two weeks is a fallacy. BFA S3 was only 8 days notice. Several of the prior notifications (email, blue post on monday, etc) could be taken as "notice". With that said, due to no word today I believe it will be the 6th.

It won't be the 13th, we had our season end warning already, if we get no announcement tomorrow then it will 100% be the 6th.