Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This is an interesting moral dilemma for me. I sincerely believe the world is a better place without Donald Trump. He is irredeemable. He's selfish to an astounding degree, sows chaos wherever he goes. He's not a good businessman, and his true business legacy is a rash of destruction left behind for those stupid enough to buy into the mystique and do business with him.

He's also superb at identifying and magnifying the fault lines in the American psyche, using the polarizing internet to his advantage. With coronavirus, he has certainly made things worse than basically any other leader would have - this is because he's utterly incompetent so his only real move is to do nothing and try to convince everyone that it's overblown and will go away on its own.

He has spread so much misinformation and encouraged an entire group of people to follow him into a dark hole of "alternative facts". He's been a disaster for our country.

And now he's sick. People say that you're never supposed to wish that anyone dies, but when you believe someone is truly evil, does that still hold?

My sentiments are:

Trump has coronavirus. Fuck him.
    I want to highlight this because it's so true. Him being away from the world, in the hospital in isolation, means he's not holding super spreader rallies. So him getting covid, might actually save lives, and at the very least slow the spread to if even a fraction of a fraction of a percent, the us and the world is better and safer without him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I share your pessimism that Biden
    Oh, it's not pessimism. I just don't think it's worth the effort when he could reinforce what he already has. For example, Pennsylvana and Michigan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm not trying to break your balls or anything, put that's kinda the point of tools like that.
    Okay, fair point. If it's fake, they did a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Okay, fair point. If it's fake, they did a pretty good job.
    The simpler assumption is that they pre-filmed the video before he went into hospital. He's wearing the same suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The simpler assumption is that they pre-filmed the video before he went into hospital. He's wearing the same suit.
    I thought about that. Then I asked "how many suits would I bring to the hospital?"

So, what did I miss? Besides upwards of 70 pages.

48,925 new cases, 5.5k more than the previous Saturday. The bookends for the reporting week are pretty fucking gross. Also, a few states didn't report today that usually do, so that number is likely off by at least 1k or so. I'm looking at you, Pennsylvania.

California: 3,054 new cases; 44 deaths
    Missouri: 3,023 new cases (new record); 35 deaths
    Wisconsin: 2,892 new cases (new record); 19 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Illinois: 2,442 new cases; 31 deaths
    Texas: 2,438 new cases; 135 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,202 new cases; 21 deaths
    New York: 1,720 new cases; 3 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,706 new cases; 33 deaths--34 if you count Lady G getting eviscerated on stage by Jaime Harrison
    Alabama: 1,682 new cases; 8 deaths
    Georgia: 1,444 new cases; 28 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,421 new cases; 14 deaths
    Indiana: 1,419 new cases; 13 deaths
    Michigan: 1,275 new cases; 14 deaths
    Kentucky: 1,274 new cases (new record); 8 deaths
    Kansas: 1,199 new cases; no deaths reported
    Tennessee: 1,192 new cases; 45 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,189 new cases; 7 deaths
    Ohio: 1,125 new cases; 19 deaths
    Virginia: 1,116 new cases; 20 deaths
    Utah: 1,068 new cases; 2 deaths

That's 21 fucking states with cases topping 1k. And it's not just the Midwest (though they continue to hit new highs). Old favorites are hopping back into the mix now as things start getting out of hand in most of the states in the union. The past couple of days in New York have seen totals higher than they've had since the end of May. Kentucky blew past their old record. Kansas keeps flirting with theirs. Oklahoma is trending back up again. The only reason Texas is relatively low on the list this time is that a few other states have become a dumpster fire. And this is a day that is usually slightly underreported because shit closes up Friday night. It's why the big numbers almost always come between Tuesday and Thursday. To quote Bob from Reboot: This is not good.

755 deaths is up a little from last Saturday and puts the total at 214,277. Man, weren't we just talking about hitting 200k a REALLY short time ago? Texas tops the list in that respect today only because Florida remains a governmental cesspit of lying liars. Much like with new cases the death totals really peak between Tuesday and Thursday, but the tiniest glimmer of silver linings is that we stayed below 1k every day this week for the first time since the beginning of July. The average is still between 800-900 for the week, however, and as I predicted earlier the drop is slowing down.

Related news:

Who am I kidding? You all know what the news is right now. Instead enjoy this debate between Jaime Harrison and Lindsey Graham in which Harrison blocks himself off from Super Spreader Lady G with a plexiglass wall and Lindsey is abused for the first time in ages without having to pay for it.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-04 at 02:09 AM.

I thought about that. Then I asked "how many suits would I bring to the hospital?"
    He's the President. You'd assume he's gonna wear one out at the very least. That aside, could've been filmed prior as a 'use later to keep calm'.

It's been confirmed that, that is indeed the METU at Walter Reed...

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1312564819573129216

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Senate business must be conducted on the floor, so no they cannot.
    Not familiar with the senate’s rules regarding sickness, but would there be anything stopping the sick senators from showing up in person? This is assuming they are physically able to get there.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think it might be good idea if Biden was joined by Bernie and AOC on the trail in certain key places. Like Bernie won Iowa and Nevada, not long ago, could go a long way.
    I don't know if that's the best idea in more conservative leaning places like Florida. The political right wing clap-trap that gets left in my mailbox demonizing Biden is, and I say with absolutely zero exaggeration, a picture of him with big words says "BIDEN HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THE RADICAL LEFT!" while flanked by pictures of AOC and Bernie.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Did Jorgensen and Hawkins make efforts to get in the debates that were shot down by the debate committee?
    Isn't there like a percentage of opinion poll requirement to get on the stage. I think the only person in history from a third party was Ross Perot and he got nearly 20% of the vote or something. When there is a third party that is actually relevant, they get on the stage. When they aren't, they aren't. Calling it a farce because some rando in a party can't even get 5% of the vote is, dumb imo. I mean this isn't UK where Theresa May shares the stage with Lord Buckethead and Elmo FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Still doesn't prevent Trump from having filmed this on Friday before starting treatment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Good, hopefully that puts this nonsense to rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm not trying to break your balls or anything, put that's kinda the point of tools like that. I'm not an expert one way or the other though, just passing on opinions of people in the video editing world.
    I don't think it's that much of a big deal... if he indeed did cough or hack up a lung or whatever... they could just do another take, whether than needing to do post-processing on it to "fix" iit in post.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't know if that's the best idea in more conservative leaning places like Florida. The political right wing clap-trap that gets left in my mailbox demonizing Biden is, and I say with absolutely zero exaggeration, a picture of him with big words says "BIDEN HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THE RADICAL LEFT!" while flanked by pictures of AOC and Bernie.
    Well, I did specify certain places. But the media gonna media anyways, and trump is gonna use that line anyways, but it would go a long ways to shore up the left side of the base for Biden. Biden shouldn't give that much a crap to the bullshit "radical left" anyways tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Until:

Joe Biden (D) / Kamala Harris (D)
    Howie Hawkins (G) / Angela Nicole Walker (G)
    Jo Jorgensen (L) / Spike Cohen (L)
    Donald Trump (R) / Mike Pence (R)

Are all on the stage the debates are nothing but shows for the media outlet to get advertising dollars. There should be a law that every candidate that is on enough ballots to win the election by getting enough electoral votes has to be at every debate.
    Other wise the debate is a farce.

(Yes all four of the candidates have enough ballots to get 270 electoral votes.)
    Lol that’s cute.

Why aren’t you fighting for ranked voting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I wouldn’t say trump is truly evil, I’ll leave that title to Mitch McConnell.

But he is better left alive to face justice.
    As he stokes white terror organisations to murder democrats? You sure about that?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I feel like they're trying a bit too hard to push the whole "Trump is fine" thing, literally showing him signing blank bits of paper and classing that as "hard at work."

It is fine to not be 100% and focus on just getting better, even if you're the President. You've got a a deadly virus, ffs. Get your staff to give updates each day. Don't push your staged nonsense down people's throats because it just makes people question things more.
    I guess that stems from a problem of Americas culture of idolizing people. They have to keep up appearances even at the cost of their health.

damn unhinged...lubrals playing music and all

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-rap-song.html
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an interesting moral dilemma for me. I sincerely believe the world is a better place without Donald Trump. He is irredeemable. He's selfish to an astounding degree, sows chaos wherever he goes. He's not a good businessman, and his true business legacy is a rash of destruction left behind for those stupid enough to buy into the mystique and do business with him.

He's also superb at identifying and magnifying the fault lines in the American psyche, using the polarizing internet to his advantage. With coronavirus, he has certainly made things worse than basically any other leader would have - this is because he's utterly incompetent so his only real move is to do nothing and try to convince everyone that it's overblown and will go away on its own.

He has spread so much misinformation and encouraged an entire group of people to follow him into a dark hole of "alternative facts". He's been a disaster for our country.

And now he's sick. People say that you're never supposed to wish that anyone dies, but when you believe someone is truly evil, does that still hold?

My sentiments are:

Trump has coronavirus. Fuck him.
    I wouldn't even miss a step if it happened
    but I want him to live, cause Im sure if he died, far to many people in the GOP and to many "lets try to work with the other side" democrats would let everything he and him cohorts did, be buried with him

as long as he's alive, and bitching on twitter, there will be a push for proper accounting of everything he and his enablers did, and hopefully, some proper guardrails will be put up for this democracy ends up in a ravine.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's so self centered that he doesn't even think in terms of right and wrong, so he's not consciously hurting people. But that doesn't matter to his victims. All his actions have terrible consequences.

Trump is the rich kid who's never had to face the music. He's always skated by and he's always been utterly confident that he would. The type of guy who needs a good beating every once in a while to teach him some humility.
    its not so much him, as many have pointed out, he's an incompetent carnival barker, the issue is the people around him that know-how, and do carry out his bullshit, and the people that look the other way when its flatout illegal (the many Hatch violations for instance)
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Good point - McConnell will do anything to get this confirmation done. There is still the lame duck session...hmmmmm, quorum issues there, too - right?
    I am still of the mind that if they take all 3 houses, they NEED to expand the courts and pack it along with admitting Puerto Rico as states, outlawing gerrymandering, implementing the Wyoming Option, and making it federally illegal to deprive citizens of their right to vote for any government office while making sure to address the whole voter ID debate where they can't screw around with it any more like making an ID that is open to be used for it and making sure it is nationally easy to access no matter how remote the location even if they go as far as what they do where my mom lives where you can get your Drivers License from the local hardware store and they send it to you in the mail (She lives in the middle of nowhere Minnesota).

I know expanding the courts (and hopefully being able to call his current nominations for all courts into question pending investigations into Trump and McConnell) I would like to have named the "Moscow Mitch Correction Act".
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I am still of the mind that if they take all 3 houses, they NEED to expand the courts and pack it along with admitting Puerto Rico as states, outlawing gerrymandering, implementing the Wyoming Option, and making it federally illegal to deprive citizens of their right to vote for any government office while making sure to address the whole voter ID debate where they can't screw around with it any more like making an ID that is open to be used for it and making sure it is nationally easy to access no matter how remote the location even if they go as far as what they do where my mom lives where you can get your Drivers License from the local hardware store and they send it to you in the mail (She lives in the middle of nowhere Minnesota).
    The Wyoming Option would require an Amendment. I still prefer the NPVIC over the Wyoming Option, anyway.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils