Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sylvanas' new model

I know this is known for a while, but I just get angry every time I see her new model.

Why are they changing her look, hair color, face, skin color so drastically? Her gear is so uninspiring and just colorless.

She looks like more like a night elf with that pinkish color now than her undead pale blue skin color she had before. Her face/eyes look different. I get it that she has more pixels, which is great, but she looks almost like a new character. Am I the only one not liking this change?

Edit: Apparently the Shadowlands model above is an alpha one and this is the actual beta one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Last edited by Deventh; 2020-10-11 at 11:13 PM.

I really don't care, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say it bothers me at all. She's going to be toast by the end of SL, what she looks like when we kill her (or an NPC kills her, w/e) doesn't seem particularly relevant.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas has always had some shade of purpleish skin more so in the cinematics she's been in. Not Nelven purple just kind of purple thats not super saturated.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Maw isn't known for having a large colour palette, and her skin and face are more accurate to how she's portrayed in Battle for Azeroth's cinematics.

i love her new model. ill like it more on the floor with loot sparkles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I actually prefer the new model, except for the change in skin tone - I think she should've kept the grayish blue of the original model.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the amour itself is nice and I’m guessing the colour palette is related to mawsworn.
    I don’t find It too bad myself

I really couldn't care less how she looks in SL. We are going to kill her just like all other bosses in WoW history, and then collect her loot and that will be the end of it. For all I care, she could use a model from vanilla 1.3. patch.

I miss bellyvanas. The armor in general seems pointless what with all of the plot armor anyway.

but yea that armor looks like some green drops.

Actually I was never a fan of the Legion model, I preferred the WotLK model, which is the model that she has in Hots too:

And No, it's not because I want to see her belly (like I care about a rotting zombie), it's because I don't think the Legion chainmail pieces suit her.

Regardless, the Shadowlands model is decent and highlights her new affiliation to the Jailer.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I think they haven't changed it enough, they seem hellbent on keeping her looking like her previous form.

We've been shown that creatures who pledge to a covenant undergo changes to their form, we can see this plainly in our 4 main covenants as well as the changes in form that happen when they are turned by the maw.

I was hoping we'd get a more banshee-style, "shadow revenant" type look- Perhaps they're saving that for the boss fight.

The second example isn't how it looks in-game. Example:

This looks closer to the blues that are more consistent.

In the Teldrassil cinematic, orange fire did regularly pink up her look so that she looked more alive, but I think that was more a stylistic choice to foreshadow the upcoming choice of 'making us all free' (therefore, perhaps curing undeath). Granted the cover of Ghostlands has her in black and white or greyscale. But this seems more a stylistic choice as well.

Last edited by Razion; 2020-10-11 at 07:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are they changing her look, hair color, face, skin color so drastically? Her gear is so uninspiring and just colorless.
    Because she is now a full member of the Maw and they want her model to reflect that.

As the Maws color palette isn't exactly colorful, her model won't be very colorful either.

Formerly known as Arafal

Now, with this new outfit she is not only story-vise distanced from the old, leader of the forsaken character, but visually as well, which is extremely important. I would guess that this visual change is the biggest sign of her turning into loot-pinyata soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I really don't care, man.
    Doesn't care, but cared enough to post a reply crying about not caring. Love kids these days.

OT: I like the older model myself, but understand why they're changing it. I'm still very curious as to where they're going to take this story with her. On one hand, she is extremely evil, on the other, she brought us to the Shadowlands where we will eventually kill/detain/imprison the jailer.

last time her Model looked good was in Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would she wear the same stuff all the time, this set has better stats for her!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Lookin' good, Syl.

I still believe in you.

the legion model was ugly af. the randomly thrown-in brown leather parts looked completely out of place
    the new one is pretty generic and boring, which actually suits her character and future status as raid boss very well
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.