Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You are making a logical fallacy thinking that because it doesnt directly say its related to network connectivity, its not.

It doesnt say "any form of delay is lag".
    Until you provide a literal definition backing what you are saying is the literal definition, because that’s your stance for this whole argument, you already lost.

Come back when you provide that definition.

Everyone having a smartphone is inherently a negative thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Everyone having a smartphone is inherently a negative thing.
    I'm curious, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Until you provide a literal definition backing what you are saying is the literal definition, because that’s your stance for this whole argument, you already lost.

Come back when you provide that definition.
    I'm not the innitial claimee. So no. The burden of proof is not on me.

But thank you for trying
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Cellphone gaming is cancer.
    People disagree with this? The fuck..

I'm not the innitial claimee. So no. The burden of proof is not on me.

But thank you for trying
    I have already proved it to you multiple times, INCLUDING WITH YOUR OWN SOURCE, it's in your court to disprove what I said honey.

I have already proved it to you multiple times, INCLUDING WITH YOUR OWN SOURCE, it's in your court to disprove what I said honey.
    And i have pointed out to you how what you call proof isnt actually proof.

I'm confused why we have entered some sort of loop now.

I'm not even the person you where arguing with at the start :P
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

And i have pointed out to you how what you call proof isnt actually proof.

I'm confused why we have entered some sort of loop now.

I'm not even the person you where arguing with at the start :P
    You're confused because you're wrong and you don't know how to get out of it.

The proof you were attempting to provide were definitions from specific sources. But those sources actually proved what you said was wrong. You know this, and now the only thing you were hanging onto which was this statement

Lag has 2 definions in the cambridge dictionary. One for regular use and one for IT. You can look it up.
    Is proven to make what you said is incorrect so now you don't know what to say besides "You are just on a fallacy blah blah blah".

You're proven wrong. Accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm curious, why?
    In my personal opinion, it causes people in social situations to look more at their phones, than they do at the people around them and actually talk.
    I've far to many times been at a party or a plethora of other social events, where people just can't seem to put down their phones.

Another reason is that always having information in your pocket, can be negative. Want to prove someone wrong in something? Link them to a article that confirms your bias on something. Too much information always being there is something I just think blurs the line of what information is good or bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my personal opinion, it causes people in social situations to look more at their phones, than they do at the people around them and actually talk.
    I've far to many times been at a party or a plethora of other social events, where people just can't seem to put down their phones.

Another reason is that always having information in your pocket, can be negative. Want to prove someone wrong in something? Link them to a article that confirms your bias on something. Too much information always being there is something I just think blurs the line of what information is good or bad.
    I've hardly ever heard anyone look something up in the middle of the argument. This seems super situational and everyone having a smart phone is not bad. Sometimes people go on their phone because of social anxiety and other factors into play here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I agree those are the negatives, I don't think that it means it is an all around bad thing. There are for sure a ton of positives that come with the negatives, and I believe looking at them overall, makes it a positive thing.

What makes you think things would be any different if phones didnt exist? In my experience nothing would change, you just wouldnt be able to blame the phone. If someone is sitting face to face with you it's not that bad - they could've might aswell been sitting at home and posting photos on instagram.

I'm sorry but if someone is going to prove anything to you with one googled article that just means your opinion was not backed up properly in the first place. I would much rather talk to people that googled one article than people that just believe - at least you can have argumented conversation, or maybe push that person to google one more article.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

This isn't new. Newspapers did the same thing.

THere's a great meme out there about "phones make people ignore each other" (shows people ignoring each other for their phones), and then it shows a pic fromo the ~1920s, of an entire family sitting at the kitchen table, all reading a newspaper. Ignoring each other.

Its not a new phenom.

Not weighing in on good or bad, i just find it funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Smart watches and stuff (outside of a few niche cases where they help directly monitor health vital signs and such) are an enormous waste of time. Like, just pull out your phone if you really need to check something. Maybe my 30-something year old eyes just don't care for tiny ass screens and one more thing to charge each night.
    Ill agree with "niche", but waste of time.. nah.

"Pull out your phone" implies that i always have my phone in my pocket. I dont.

A lot of days i dont even have pockets, and my phone is in the living room or my office and I am not, and having the watch on (mind you, i didn't spend 400$+ on a smart watch; i got a 130$ WearOS watch from Mobvoi (TicWatch) that is perfectly good) means i dont miss calls or messages or emails... and i can control my smart home stuff with it... without having to "pull out my phone". 'Cause its strapped to my wrist.

I agree with the "its not for everyone" thing - though in another 2-3 battery generations it might be. When i can ditch my cell phone and just wear a phone on my wrist, im there.

The tech is already there (LTE smart watches can make calls) they just dont have the battery life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    There's your problem - you're living in a time when TV shows are edited by literally cutting tape. And in this time, full hd is good and 1440p is bees knees.

1440p. Jesus. I think I used that in 2013. Jesus. There's nothing to discuss. If you're using a bigger display than 13", it's crap. Simples. So disappointed in pc master race, they're pushing 1440p, what the fuck.
    Fun goalpost shift.

Ill take your concession as being entirely wrong on the 30fps thing.

Now you get to try to wriggle out of being entirely wrong about 1440p being "pixelated".

Unless you have bionic eyes, you literally cant see the pixels of a 1440p display when you are sitting an appropriate distance away from it. Theyre too small to pick out.

Yes, if you're using a 32"+ display and sitting 20" away from it like a complete fool, youll see pixels.

If you're sitting 30" away from it like you should be (for your eye health if nothing else), you cant see the pixels.

Thats precisely WHY the step up from 1080p to 1440p is so drastic, but going from 1440p-2160p isnt. Because at 1440p you already CANT SEE the pixels, so going to a resolution where you also still cant see the pixels does not result in nearly the difference.

Note, im not saying 4K isn't sharper. It is. But its not nearly as dramatic or noticable (a lot of people wouldn't notice unless you told them if you put identical size monitors that were 1440p and 4k next to one another - they couldnt pick out which was which without cramming their faces directly into it).

Whenever you're done making a fool of yourself, though, let me know.

And let me know how you enjoy that cinematic 30fps 4K experience you're having.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I use Chrome but it is massively resource intensive. On my crappy laptop I have to watch HBO on edge because chrome sputters to a halt.

I'm torn because I think Chrome is really good in most ways, but the crazy resource usage just really bothers me.
    Sounds weird since Edge and Chrome now share most of the crucial parts of their codebase. You don’t happen to have more addons installed on chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I use Chrome but it is massively resource intensive. On my crappy laptop I have to watch HBO on edge because chrome sputters to a halt.

I'm torn because I think Chrome is really good in most ways, but the crazy resource usage just really bothers me.
    Brave is better than both Chrome and Firefox and you can passively make a little money each month from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Brave is better than both Chrome and Firefox and you can passively make a little money each month from it.
    How so? Mining?

How so? Mining?
    https://brave.com/brave-rewards/

Technology = first world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Brave is Chromium. So its just Chrome with additions.

My Unpopular opinion is that one day Microsoft Edge will beat Google Chrome.