Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Reason being people were getting the HoA then going back to other chromie time and having a huge advantage. Similar to how legion artifacts are nerfed. Not sure if it worked on BGs but yeah, that's the reason.

And as long as you're leveling in BFA time, dungeons wont give you azerite gear. But if a higher level player runs you through, lets say, Freehold, they can trade you azerite gear they loot. Dont know if its of much use, but yeah, that's a thing.
    yeah unbalanced leveling experience...thats still dumb but whatever you dont interact with magni a ton while leveling anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    This island is just a sandbox from the Broken isles. They put it here just as a background decoration imo. You can even see a copy paste from a Stormheim village.
    This is right I think, the cave called Vrekt, Outcast's Hovel gives it away. That is an area in Stormheim.

Skip to 1:20, you can see where it's been copy-pasted from.

we never know anything about sylvanas plan lol
    need more expansion for Sylvanas' genius plan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Mhm, the problem is when I leave that area I lose my Covenant ability (in Oribos). And when I go to my Covenant area, I already had to pick a Covenant. Seems a bit weird that they removed them from where I could test all Covenant skills at the same time...
    welcome to blizzard design
    where you have something for a majority of testing only for it to change midway and then when asked the devs say "its been like that for a bit and nobody complained so suck it up"

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't we do but....shitposting is more popular.

"its been like that for a bit and nobody complained so suck it up"

...No they didn't say that and stop with this self unnecessary bitterness.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/6bc016ffa352c763d4d1f3ebd2d27dac.png[/IMG]

we never know anything about sylvanas plan lol
    need more expansion for Sylvanas' genius plan
    It bugs me that Thrall of all people is calling us Maw Walker. What was Champion not good enough anymore?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Not to dig up an old theory/meme but... Anduin feels like Sylvanas is using him as some kind of bait for Arthas of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They don't we do but....shitposting is more popular.

...No they didn't say that and stop with this self unnecessary bitterness.
    What was the reasoning for the removal then? Three weeks ago those dummies existed in the Oribos Covenant hall and everything was fine. There was no need to remove them.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Jailer and Sylvanas have a prize? I guess they want to take over the Arbiter's position maybe. Would explain why she's in a Coma. As a means of weakening her, so that the Jailer has a way of overpowering her and taking her place.

What was the reasoning for the removal then? Three weeks ago those dummies existed in the Oribos Covenant hall and everything was fine. There was no need to remove them.
    If it it's not a bug it may be encouraging people to congregate in their covenant halls instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The Jailer and Sylvanas have a prize? I guess they want to take over the Arbiter's position maybe. Would explain why she's in a Coma. As a means of weakening her, so that the Jailer has a way of overpowering her and taking her place.
    The prize is Anduin. There's also a mention that Anduin is being turned into a weapon somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    The prize is Anduin. There's also a mention that Anduin is being turned into a weapon somehow.
    Meaning Anduin isn't really taking the Jailer's nonsense I suppose, sorta having another harbinger at his side.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    If it it's not a bug it may be encouraging people to congregate in their covenant halls instead.
    I mean sure, but we're playing beta and for testing purposes this makes not much sense. Just curious what Blizzard's reasoning was, I just returned to beta and saw it now, must have happened several days / weeks ago.

I mean sure, but we're playing beta and for testing purposes this makes not much sense. Just curious what Blizzard's reasoning was, I just returned to beta and saw it now, must have happened several days / weeks ago.
    There comes a time when Blizzard needs to make the changes for what the game will actually look like though. The Flaskertaur needs to be removed eventually, even if that screws up someones testing process.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

On another note: do we have any idea what the "real" first raid of the expansion will be? Castle Nathria is the Highmaul / Emerald Nightmare / Uldir type of first raid, but what will be the first raid that's thematic for the storyline of the whole expansion?

Battle of Dazar'alor was revealed roughly one month after BfA's launch with the entirety of the 8.1 patch. We knew about Nighthold before Legion's release. But what about Shadowland's follow up raid to Castle Nathria? If we go by previous timelines, it should be live around end of April / May if SL launches in December (and Castle Nathria in January). Castle Nathria has more bosses (10) than the previous entry raids though: Uldir (8), EN (7), Highmaul (7).

Will we hear anything about it this year or do you expect everything to be postponed/delayed until virtual Blizzcon in February 2021? If so, I'm not sure what release window we do have for that raid, how long are raids usually PTR tested?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Beta Patch is here 1.43Gb

On another note: do we have any idea what the "real" first raid of the expansion will be? Castle Nathria is the Highmaul / Emerald Nightmare / Uldir type of first raid, but what will be the first raid that's thematic for the storyline of the whole expansion?

Battle of Dazar'alor was revealed roughly one month after BfA's launch with the entirety of the 8.1 patch. We knew about Nighthold before Legion's release. But what about Shadowland's follow up raid to Castle Nathria? If we go by previous timelines, it should be live around end of April / May if SL launches in December (and Castle Nathria in January). Castle Nathria has more bosses (10) than the previous entry raids though: Uldir (8), EN (7), Highmaul (7).

Will we hear anything about it this year or do you expect everything to be postponed/delayed until virtual Blizzcon in February 2021? If so, I'm not sure what release window we do have for that raid, how long are raids usually PTR tested?
    Personally I am putting my money on a Necrolord themed raid featuring Kel'thuzad as a first bet, and generic Torghast themed raid as a second bet.

I am of the belief that there will be a raid themed after each covenant, and a Naxxramas 3.0 Necrolord themed raid with Kel'thuzad just fits all too well, especially considering that the Necrolords are the covenant the closest to being "done" after the Venthyr are through with Nathria.
    Torghast or otherwise generic Maw raid is a distinct possibility to be sure, but I feel it is too early for that unless Blizzard intends to go for a WoD style twist where the main antagonist of the expansion simply changes in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Personally I am putting my money on a Necrolord themed raid featuring Kel'thuzad as a first bet, and generic Torghast themed raid as a second bet.

I am of the belief that there will be a raid themed after each covenant, and a Naxxramas 3.0 Necrolord themed raid with Kel'thuzad just fits all too well, especially considering that the Necrolords are the covenant the closest to being "done" after the Venthyr are through with Nathria.
    Torghast or otherwise generic Maw raid is a distinct possibility to be sure, but I feel it is too early for that unless Blizzard intends to go for a WoD style twist where the main antagonist of the expansion simply changes in the middle.
    I used to think back in Cata we'd get a raid in all the new zones that we were offered, that....was not true but it would of been interesting.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I used to think back in Cata we'd get a raid in all the new zones that we were offered, that....was not true but it would of been interesting.
    Not that a case where we have a raid for each covenant necessarily requires them to be in the corresponding zone, they just need to be tying up some covenant specific problem.
    Necrolords can have a ziggurat that can be pretty much anywhere. Maldraxxus is of course a possibility, but it could just as easily be in the Maw, or even Oribos and it would still count.
    The Night Fae have the Drust and Thros, which could be its own 9.2 zone, and the Kyrians really just need Uther and possibly Arthas to fit the bill of a covenant themed raid, not to mention the Forsworn.

- - - Updated - - -

With the exception of Deepholm I could see Blizzard wanting a raid in each Cata zone actually. We have the Twilight Bastion and Firelands of course, but there is also the scrapped Neptulon raid in Vashj'ir, as well as ample evidence that the Halls of Origination might have been initially pitched as a raid, and even then there is technically a raid in Uldum anyways with the Throne of Four Winds.

was that huge venthyr nerf necessary ive only seen hunters use the other 3 covs on streams i watch

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    was that huge venthyr nerf necessary ive only seen hunters use the other 3 covs on streams i watch
    I wouldnt necessarily assume that what we see on the Beta is what the game will be like on live, could be that Flayed Shot was overtuned and everyone was just using the others to test out potentially broken strats. Might also be that it was nerfed because at least with MM it is the only ability that interracts with a talent, which Blizzard might be banking on players choosing.