Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Multiboxing is OVER

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Something for the average player to celebrate.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This will have huge ripple effects in Classic specifically. Never saw Multiboxing that bad in retail, in Classic it was downright systemic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Its gonna be nice no longer seeing an army of druids with near identical names zooming around picking all herbs clean in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This will have huge ripple effects in Classic specifically. Never saw Multiboxing that bad in retail, in Classic it was downright systemic.
    You've never seen the packs of druids farming in random zones in retail?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    The herb farmers and the 15+ multiboxers (rarer but still common enough to run into) were the only real problem on Retail. A small section of game play but the escalation was going to get a response sooner or later.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They gave me aids once.

never thought they'd do that, nice

This is like 10 years overdue but I’m glad it’s happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny i saw pack of druids like that sometime ago in Nazjatar, farming herbs. I'm glad they finally rekt them, but it is turtle speed af.

And the whiners win....lmao I don't even multibox but the bitching from the non boxers was hilariously out of whack

This is huge, and something I never thought I'd see.

Ripple effects have already been happening in Classic. Black Lotus got changed which when announced prices skyrocketed or dropped can't remember.

i feel like herbing is a simple enough version of multiboxing that you could make do with simply putting all accounts to follow the main account and then some alt tab macro on your keyboard to actually pick up the herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    And the whiners win....lmao I don't even multibox but the bitching from the non boxers was hilariously out of whack
    If that is the case you've never come across a multiboxer and they're potential.

press F to dab on multiboxers lmao get bent nerds hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    If that is the case you've never come across a multiboxer and they're potential.
    no different than any other form of ganking, just join a random group to get phased of their shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i feel like herbing is a simple enough version of multiboxing that you could make do with simply putting all accounts to follow the main account and then some alt tab macro on your keyboard to actually pick up the herbs.
    Oh sorry, I didn't mean "farming" as in herb collecting. I meant "farming" as in killing everything in a 30 meter radius, over and over and over.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    The herb will disappear before your 20th druid has picked it up.

I did not expect Blizzard to ever take action on this, a huge surprise indeed.