Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Totally. That was really the anchor for the next-gen release, and losing that to 2021 (and likely later 2021) is a gut-punch in their ability to move hardware at launch. But I would bet that by the time it does come out there will be some other solid releases/launch dates/windows for other good first party titles that will work together to help make up some of that difference.

I'm genuinely looking forward to Microsoft and Sony throwing around their first party muscle and hopefully having a real competition this generation.
    I don't actually think it will matter. Every Series X and S they make will be sold for the next few months... Just like Sony will. By then they'll have some more content out.

P.S. I bet you they'll split the single player and multiplayer releases...

Just like Brad Sams heard a year ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The Xbox One was a shit generation for Xbox... Because Don Matrick and Terry Myerson were at the helm. They thought they could ride the coattails of the 360 generation and didn't consistently invest in their studios.

You need to remember that only 2 years ago, they had 6 studios.

Phil Spencer started as the head of Xbox in 2017 and since then we've seen a lot of positive changes. It takes time to rebuild a portfolio and I think we'll start seeing an insane amount of output within the next year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

That's kind of the point. They don't care where you play. They still make money.
    Well thats the thing. When i was little i just thought the original xbox was just the tryhard boy console, but looming back it was a gem with good sega support, crimson skies, its own smt and stuff. Instead of fostering all that, they just blew it all off. They can buy a trillion studios, but I need to see what theyre working on before i have any faith. And for the record, i have a juan x and my series x shipped this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well thats the thing. When i was little i just thought the original xbox was just the tryhard boy console, but looming back it was a gem with good sega support, crimson skies, its own smt and stuff. Instead of fostering all that, they just blew it all off. They can buy a trillion studios, but I need to see what theyre working on before i have any faith. And for the record, i have a juan x and my series x shipped this morning
    That's fine. Most people won't move back to Xbox until it has stuff that makes sense for them to play.

I can be excited because I've seen the investment they've been making, but not everyone is like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's fine. Most people won't move back to Xbox until it has stuff that makes sense for them to play.

I can be excited because I've seen the investment they've been making, but not everyone is like that.
    Well alright but if their aaaa game is just another shooter im going to scream

Halo being such a mess really screwed up the launch plans unfortunately...
    This. I think that is the reason that we are seeing their launch titles are so lacking. They had all their eggs in one basket. I don't think they had any idea the Halo presentation would go down like it did.

Xbox one launched with everything but gaming in mind, trying to get everyone to run cable boxes through the system, bundling kinect, telling people they should buy the old system if they don't want to be online all the time, ect. The software for Xbox one is perfectly encapsulated by the game Crackdown 3. The best games on the system are great multiplats like Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3, and Sekiro.

...and I won't be dishonest either. I have a gaming PC with an RTX 2080. I COULD play Xbox games on my PC, but ugh, could and would are two entirely different things. I'll never be playing Sekiro on my 1440p monitor setting up at my computer desk, and I'm not running a cable to my TV from my PC or do all of those magical things that are possible but rarely practical to do with a PC. If I want to play a console game, I want to play on a console, on a very large LG OLED TV at 4k60 with HDR, setting in a recliner.

That's the only reason I'll be buying an XSX. Is to do just that. I'll buy it the very day a good games comes out on it that I don't WANT to play on PC and that I CAN'T play on PS5. Not before. Xbox must prove that software exists, via metacritic, no excuses, before I buy in.

Once I'm bought in, I'll be in the ecosystem, so they will have my patronage for a long time(like they did before this gen), but not before.

- - - Updated - - -

KOTOR was insanely good on Xbox as was the 3D Ninja Gaiden, which may have been on 360. Fable 1 is still one of my favorites. Halo 1 and 2 were crazy good. Xbox was good before. I was even there for Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia, but this gen they lost me. My brother is still a huge Gears of War fan, and I enjoyed them, especially the first one. This last gen, they left me behind, I never left them. I still don't even like PS3 that much, but PS4's library has been insane, and they got a huge competitive advantage because Playstation IP went almost unopposed for 7 years.....where were the xbox games? I believe/hope they are well on their way to fixing that.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-09 at 10:12 PM.

Well alright but if their aaaa game is just another shooter im going to scream
    Yeah.... I'm expecting something the Perfect Dark universe...

There are still rumors of them picking up a Japanese studio so we'll see what happens there.

I mean...yeah...the lower powered budget model can't put out nice 4K fully ray traced visuals.

Is it really that awful if folks want a lower priced model for their 1080p TV or don't care about getting all the latest graphical bells and whistles? We can giggle at Series X/S/One X confusion and whatnot because Microsoft sucks at naming things but like...who gives a shit if folks want to save a few bucks in the immediate if they don't want/care about the added graphical goodies from the Series X?
    My problem with the Series S is that its not a step up from the Xbox One X, Its a half step at best. Your next gen system needs to be outright better than your last gen system even if its the entry model. The Series S isn't really doing anything the One X couldn't and it cost the same as it did. Even the almighty RAY-TRACING was done on the One X. The Series S actually lacks in a lot of area's compared to the One X.

So if people need a console right now they should get the PS5 Digital or the Series X/PS5. The Series S is just a waste of money for a half step system.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-11-10 at 12:02 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My problem with the Series S is that its not a step up from the Xbox One X, Its a half step at best.
    But like...that's literally what it's supposed to be and sold as. It is a step up though, just a half-step as you say : P

Your next gen system needs to be outright better than your last gen system even if its the entry model.
    There's no rule that says this is true, it's just how things have worked.

And the Series S is absolutely more powerful than an OG Xbox One. No other generation has had mid-gen refreshes like this (I don't count Nintendo doing mild tweaks and re-releasing hardware), so there's no comparison here either.

And, the Series X exists as the full step up from the One/One X, so it's not as if there's no "objectively more powerful than all last-gen hardware" console.

The Series S isn't really doing anything the One X couldn't and it cost the same as it did. Even the almighty RAY-TRACING was done on the One X. The Series S actually lacks in a lot of area's compared to the One X.
    Better handling of ray tracing. Play next-gen games that the One X won't be able to play throughout the whole generation. This is pretty much the, "I don't care about 4K/ray tracing/fancy graphics and may not even have a 4K TV, I just wanna play games for a bit cheaper." option.

It's not designed or marketed towards folks like us, "core" gamers that follow gaming news and take gaming more "seriously" and care about shit like resolution size, framerate stability etc. etc. etc. That's what the Series X was designed for.

So if people need a console right now they should get the PS5 Digital or the Series X/PS5. The Series S is just a waste of money for a half step system.
    For you and what you want out of gaming. For others who may not have 4K TV's or may not be getting 4K TV's any time soon, for folks that don't care about visual bells and whistles and just wanna play some fun games, for folks that play maybe a few games a year (Madden/Fifa/COD/Fortnite etc.) and are looking to save a bit of money where they can, this isn't a bad option.

I don't get why people seem so unable to accept that something not designed for them might appeal to other folks, and that it's totally fine if other folks prefer a "lesser" product.

--snip--.
    I'm not saying "WAIT CAUSE OF 4K GAMING" hell ill likely never be playing my PS5 in 4K mode because I rather have 60FPS. I'm saying wait because the cutdown hardware in the Series S is already showing its limits when it has games coming out running under 1080p.

Microsoft isn't posting this as a (Hey u got a 720p tv get this), They are pushing it as a cheaper option to their next gen experience. Accept that cheaper option is so cut down its already showing problems. There is developers already saying its a pain to deal with it cause they have to scale so far down from the stronger consoles.

The storage on it is non-existent, It doesn't allow physical media, Its running games much worse than the other systems. Wait and spend the extra $100-$200 to get a full experience and not one you will regret 6 months down the road.

To add when it comes to Xbox in general there is no must need reason to buy it launch day like how PS5 has Demon's Souls and Spiderman. Just wait save up more and buy ether a PS5 or Series X.

Also only the CPU is better than the One X, It has a weaker GPU and Less Ram. That's why its not running BC games and all as good as the One X and its using the One S versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My biggest issue with the S is you end up paying more than the price difference for additional storage, which is basically a necessity when your space is so limited out of the box. Add in worse performance and it’s not really a good value for anyone.
    This.

The storage costs around like $250, After tax of both you are spending more than the cost of a Series X and well over the cost of a Digital PS5. If this is peoples option then they should wait and buy the much better systems.

If it had a Blu-Ray drive I would feel much better about it because then you would be able to play physical media.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-11-10 at 12:50 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I'm not sure why PS5 DE is constantly brought up, Sony are bleeding money on that one, so it has very limited supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'm not sure why PS5 DE is constantly brought up, Sony are bleeding money on that one, so it has very limited supply.
    You do realize both MS and Sony are taking a loss on their consoles right?

Also I don't see where ether of them losing money on console sales matters for a customer. We just buy the things, how much they make on them matters not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    PS5 DE has higher stock then the Xbox Series S does. So limited in comparison to regular PS5? Yes. In comparison to series S? No, not even close.

LAUNCH DAY has arrived. Looking forward to unboxing and messing with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    LAUNCH DAY has arrived. Looking forward to unboxing and messing with it.
    Remember to lift with your legs not your back. Also if you have a dolley it might help get it into the house. I don't think its quite two-man lift but you could be careful and have a friend help carry it.

For my PS5 on Thursday i am just about done with the crane permits and zoning to do a pick from my SUV to the house. Decided to go with a 40ft boom.

/s

Grats on the get, and ill enjoy those feelings on Thursday as i get my PS5 and my 3080 on the same day....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I am getting mine on the all-access plan since it is no interest of any kind as long as you don't miss a payment, and I have gamepass anyway so it is 2 birds with 1 stone.

On a side note all first party games will be released on XBOX One for the first 2 years of this generation anyways so depending on your interests you could just wait a couple years until you absolutely have to upgrade. This also means you should keep your XBOX One since you can share your games simultaneously with one other system which means multiplayer games with a friend for the price of 1 game.

It's only a 15lb box according to FedEx lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It's here. It works. It's an XBOX.

Used the app for setup, you enter an on-screen code that seems to hash to its default WiFi SSID, the app connects to that, then passes the real WiFi info. There was a ~700MB update and an update for the controller. It then offered to restore all the settings from a cloud backup of our old Xbox One.

Now to blow-out our Xfinity data cap for the month...

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Now to blow-out our Xfinity data cap for the month...
    1.2TB data caps be damned!

15+ Year Old Account
    Mine doesnt even come till tomorrow but all im gonna do is slap kh3 in there and see if we can go higher than 60 cause nobody bothered to test it out for some reaaon

Mine doesnt even come till tomorrow but all im gonna do is slap kh3 in there and see if we can go higher than 60 cause nobody bothered to test it out for some reaaon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaLakir8hA
    Skip to 20:03

You're looking at consistent 4k/60 FPS with HDR.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaLakir8hA
    Skip to 20:03

You're looking at consistent 4k/60 FPS with HDR.
    Not enough footage. Its when you get to olympus the game starts to really chug