Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Do you people believe Trump as a president was worse than George W. Bush
    Without a doubt.

Bush was a terrible president, don't get me wrong, but Trump is far worse in every way imaginable expect involving us in never ending foreign wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Without a doubt.

Bush was a terrible president, don't get me wrong, but Trump is far worse in every way imaginable expect involving us in never ending foreign wars.
    what did bush do better because the last bit sounds like straight up **evil.** At worst, Trump can be said to be incompetent but evil is debatable unless someone can reason otherwise
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2020-11-14 at 11:53 PM.

Do you guys buy your fish in bulk or is keeping it fed just worth it at any price?

what did bush do better because the last bit sounds like straight up **evil.** At worst, Trump can be said to be incompetent but evil is debatable unless someone can reason otherwise
    He was better at not being a white supremacist.

Didn't literally commit genocide.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ca-ncna1240238
    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...poor-treatment
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-immigration

Didn't kidnap kids
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...6ed_story.html

Didn't knowingly botch the pandemic response so poorly we've lost more Americans from COVID than every war since WW2 (we'll pass that in about a month too).

Yes, next ridiculous question sealion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I mean, a lot of them see Rorschach as a big hero too, so are we surprised?
    And on that same token, a lot of these alt-right 4-chan/anonymous internet shitbirds see themselves and Trump represented by V from V for Vendetta... you know, the guy that fought against a xenophobic, ultra-religious, anti-gay, patriarchal, authoritarian regime headed by a corrupt leader swamped in a cult of personality.

yeah, they think they're the heroes in that story.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-15 at 12:45 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN: Federal judge says new DACA rules are invalid
    Chad Wolf was not legally serving as acting Homeland Security secretary when he signed rules limiting applications and renewals for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, and those rules are now invalid, a federal judge ruled Saturday.

Wolf in July issued a memo saying that new applications for DACA, the Obama-era program that shields undocumented immigrants who came to the US as children from deportation, would not be accepted and renewals would be limited to one year instead of two amid an ongoing review.

The ruling is another defeat for the Trump administration, which is now unlikely to be able to address DACA and the fate of Dreamers. The administration tried ending the program in 2017, but the US Supreme Court blocked their attempt in June. The memo invalidated on Saturday had sought to buy time while the administration decided its next steps. The President has been successful in achieving many immigration limits, but it has not been able to significantly dismantle DACA, the now eight-year-old program.

Saturday's ruling would be subject to appeal if the US government chooses to do so.

There have been previous questions over the legality of Wolf's appointment. The Trump administration has renewed a push to get Wolf confirmed before Inauguration Day; he is currently serving in an acting capacity.

In the past week, Homeland Security officials spoke to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's office about bringing the nomination to a floor vote in the coming weeks -- a move seemingly acknowledging both a forthcoming change in administrations and criticism that Wolf's appointment was invalid.

Over the course of Donald Trump's presidency, DHS -- the third-largest federal department -- has had five secretaries, only two of whom have been confirmed by the Senate, and has run into a flurry of questions over the legitimacy and authority of those leading in acting capacities.

The Government Accountability Office issued a report in August saying Wolf's appointment was part of an invalid order of succession.

A federal judge in Maryland also ruled that Wolf was likely serving unlawfully.

Without confirmation, Wolf's appointment -- and policies rolled out during his tenure -- will continue to face questions.

McConnell spokesman Doug Andres told CNN on Thursday that there are no scheduling updates or guidance "at the moment" in regards to his confirmation.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Didn't literally commit genocide.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ca-ncna1240238
    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...poor-treatment
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-immigration

Didn't kidnap kids
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...6ed_story.html
    Didn't knowingly botch the pandemic response so poorly we've lost more Americans from COVID than every war since WW2 (we'll pass that in about a month too).
    yeah that's pretty horrifying.

you know, a lot of places right now are violently protesting in the streets against dictators. If Trump's that evil, I'm surprised we haven't seen more past the BLM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't exist".

There needs to be more of this: consequences for just not enforcing laws you don't agree with, using people who were appointed without legal consent.

you know, a lot of places right now are violently protesting in the streets against dictators. If Trump's that evil, I'm surprised we haven't seen more past the BLM.
    There was this thing....it was called an election....Trump lost it by 5 million votes in a record turnout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until COVID, due to the Iraq war, I'd say no. Bush's wars were an unmitigated disaster for the middle east.

But then COVID happened and Trump let the virus wreck our nation while he golfed and claimed "it'd just go away."

Now 250,000 are dead, cases are rising exponentially and we'll have more dead by the New Year than the total sum of our war dead in all of WWII.

So yes, I think Trump is worse.

Also, Bush at the very least treated the office with decorum and had respect for our democracy, and while I'm sure that's a fat lot of comfort to a grieving widow in Iraq, it's more than what Trump could manage.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    There was this thing....it was called an election....Trump lost it by 5 million votes in a record turnout.
    I mean, it's already over 5.5m difference... so far. It'll almost certainly be over 6m, and probably closer to 6.5m difference by the time the votes are 100% tabulated.

I'm predicting an 80m vote total and a 6.5m vote lead for Biden at that point.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

We're not going to fall for Trump's blusters and start protesting in the streets. Why would we? There's no way that rotten pumpkin is getting another term. He lost the election resoundingly, his court cases have failed. He's flailing.
    Putin khuliyo

Why do you support all that?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We're not going to fall for Trump's blusters and start protesting in the streets. Why would we? There's no way that rotten pumpkin is getting another term. He lost the election resoundingly, his court cases have failed. He's flailing.
    with the rallies today and his refusal to concede power, it seems like he's trying to seat himself as a Lukashenko or permanently seated leader. Unless that's just plain doomed to fail, I've checked in every day to see how it goes.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/14/us/tr...ght/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out this thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...sed-Discussion
    /s

I mean, besides the usual "he's a Republican and I disagree with most of their policies", the worst thing GWB did was, as people said, the war in Iraq which was a complete mess based on false pretenses and should never have happened. Meanwhile, Trump probably would have done worse in a similar situation, and has done arguably just as terrible things like randomly withdrawing from the Middle East and leaving the Kurds to fend for themselves, on top of the absolute corruption, his complete inability to handle Covid which has now led to at least a quarter of a million American deaths.

I genuinely think the only US President who could be argued to be worse than Trump is Andrew Jackson and that's only because Jackson committed genocide against the Native American people and it's hard to top that.

Bush cared for the US and did what he thought best for it. Trump only cares for Trump and does what is best for Trump. He doesn't care about the US except as a piggy bank to loot.

You just have to look at the way Bush handled the handover to Obama compared to Trump's baby antics.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Trump's dangerous rhetoric about COVID-19 spreads to the state level GOP to the tune of failing to report an outbreak to anyone other than politicians on their side of the aisle in Minnesota.

https://www.startribune.com/memo-war...d-19/573072342

The news that GOP senators and staffers were warned that COVID was spreading in their ranks but DFLers were not was met with distress late Friday.

“It is outrageous and completely unacceptable that Senate DFLers were not notified of the recent COVID-19 outbreak among Senate Republicans prior to Thursday’s floor session,” Senate Minority Leader Susan Kent, DFL-Woodbury, said in a statement. “This lack of transparency is a blatant disregard for the health and safety of others: our DFL and nonpartisan staff, members, and the communities we go home to.”
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)