Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I find it rather odd when people twist "the game should be more social" to "You need to play more".

Those two things have barely anything to do with each other.
    Especially when we have just left an expansion where the biggest criticism was (from those players that have enough time play a lot of WoW), that too much time investment is required to stay on par.
    The social aspect is an irrelevant trait for a game. If the game is designed good and people enjoy it the social part of the game will come by itself. Games that are most social friendly today is FPS games.
    Less you play, more excited you are for every minute you actually play, the more social you want to be.

As long as they have Ion the mobilegame hazzikostas as director it doesnt matter how good the developers are. No game will be enjoyable if its content is chopped up and spoon feed over half a years time..

It doesnt feel like an adventure or a story anymore, it feels like going out the door down to your mailbox and emptying it once a week...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    The social aspect is an irrelevant trait for a game. If the game is designed good and people enjoy it the social part of the game will come by itself. Games that are most social friendly today is FPS games.
    Less you play, more excited you are for every minute you actually play, the more social you want to be.
    8 years olds shouting "I fucked your mother last night" into their Xbox headsets are the most socially friend games currently?

That explains a lot...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Blizzard is facing a massive brain drain. Developers that worked a decade for a company and shaped the state of the game should voice their opinion why they left, especially when the reasons are exactly the criticism players have about the company / the game. Everything he said is said by the community for years now, yet nothing changes. Shadowlands will be the last expansion in this style because it simply doesn't work.
    Well, this guy was apparently one of those who were behind the Ashran, which was a good example how devs were losing their grip on what community wanted. It seems like he had a certain "vision" of the game that wasn't shared with players, so it's only natural that he'd go away. If he had troubles with game "vision" for so long time it still surprises me that he didn't quit earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly why I switched to classic and I will never return to retail, unless it returns somewhat close to its roots.

Retailers though will continue to insist that "retail is better bro".

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Exactly why I switched to classic and I will never return to retail, unless it returns somewhat close to its roots.

Retailers though will continue to insist that "retail is better bro".
    cus it is
    Don't miss your ony buff trolling forums

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Blizzard is facing a massive brain drain. Developers that worked a decade for a company and shaped the state of the game should voice their opinion why they left, especially when the reasons are exactly the criticism players have about the company / the game. Everything he said is said by the community for years now, yet nothing changes. Shadowlands will be the last expansion in this style because it simply doesn't work.
    Well the ones that do speak seem to be saying the same thing. Unhappy, stressed, not their vision. Mostly an issue with vision. Mostly. (and to be fair doesn't everyone have a vision of what the game should be in their mind?)
    Then it derails into community and how important it is. I made a suggestion to Blizzard in the past and of course they will not listen but, sure let's throw it out there again; Maybe some type of suggestion box for the employees. One that they actually look into. So they feel heard and valued. It seems like a lot of people leave not feeling like they have a real say. Or a meeting every week, that the team comes up with to implement something ingame that they want. Whether it be small or large. (Which I thought they already got to do this?)

Which I find kinda bizarre tbh. As I thought Blizzard was like most work environments and it's a team effort with a team majority vote/conclusion/solution but ok... I'm just taking what I have heard from numerous people leaving there.

I've digressed into how I feel about hearing the same comments repetitively. (With guilds, communities etc) So I don't want to discuss it again.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-11-20 at 02:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just read a guy that is living in the past.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Fun fact: Morhaime attributed WoW's success mostly to its social aspects.
    And i take Morhaime's word over yours when it comes to WoW at any day.

And by the way, FPS are as social as Moba's and we all know what the Moba community is (in)famous for.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-11-20 at 02:02 PM.

Dinosaurs went extinct for a reason people. I for a fact know that if wow became more social it’d die. Only thing keeping it alive is good pve content, hopefully this guy can run some other game into the dirt

Quote Originally Posted by larissa895 View Post
    ... (in particular the monk), and its Ashran zone ...
    Good to see no one important left

7+ Year Old Account
    Guilds are such an outdated feature. Online social interactions have changed quite a bit since the time when Guilds were actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Good to see no one important left
    I hope you don't find out who has worked on Ashran as well and is supervising classes right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    Dinosaurs went extinct for a reason people. I for a fact know that if wow became more social it’d die. Only thing keeping it alive is good pve content, hopefully this guy can run some other game into the dirt
    The same thing that killed the Dinosaurs would probably end human civiliziation as well, so don't think that comparison is any good.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-11-20 at 03:12 PM.

I play classic more than retail, and the friends in the guild are great. I log in every day just to chat. I do farm Silithus with them, killing horde. I need nothing from Silithus, but it's still fun going from camp to camp. World PVP is fun. We hunt and be hunted, each enemy/ally has a true personality and reputation. 4 of us went fishing in Azshara just because of a Stonescale Eel shortage on the AH.

The game in classic is tedious, but not too hard. We could do things while talking whatever on voice. The social aspect is real.

I don't think I would go to Voldun with my mates in Retail. There is nothing to explore there. We log on to do M run then off.

The game definitely had a soul, a very game-y world to play, while BFA is more like an e-sport. Some aspects of the game were streamlined, simplified, optimised like a piece of software; even the zones are well utilised for questing. It's good that they want to add more flavour to SL.

This guy is living in the past, because some parts of it are worth revisiting. The current game enables competitive gameplay, but it is missing something.
    Last edited by ntlntl; 2020-11-20 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I think ill rest my case here thanks for proving my point
    Except nothing there proved your point.
    I don't get why people do this at points, instead of actually trying to discuss the topic they act as if what was said proved their point despite giving nothing to show for it.

The other poster is right.

YOU literally said "casual". No casual is playing a game for hours on end trying to grind another level out in Hearthstone, especially considering the only way to do that with the current Battle Pass is to grind out the achievements. Just like none of them were grinding out 3 wins repeatedly for 10 extra gold.

For people who were grinding out those 3 wins repeatedly for an extra 10g, yes the new battle pass gives less gold. And that's the current complaint about the Battle Pass, that the hardcore crowd is getting less than before which is what Blizzard said wouldn't happen.

And guess what?
    Blizzard already acknowledged that they screwed up on it. That there's fixes coming, that there was more they haven't revealed yet.

So it's a really strange example to come in here trying to belittle Blizzard fans by calling them "addicts" by....showing an example where Blizzard admitted they goofed up, and they're looking to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except nothing there proved your point.
    I don't get why people do this at points, instead of actually trying to discuss the topic they act as if what was said proved their point despite giving nothing to show for it.

The other poster is right.

YOU literally said "casual". No casual is playing a game for hours on end trying to grind another level out in Hearthstone, especially considering the only way to do that with the current Battle Pass is to grind out the achievements. Just like none of them were grinding out 3 wins repeatedly for 10 extra gold.

For people who were grinding out those 3 wins repeatedly for an extra 10g, yes the new battle pass gives less gold. And that's the current complaint about the Battle Pass, that the hardcore crowd is getting less than before which is what Blizzard said wouldn't happen.

And guess what?
    Blizzard already acknowledged that they screwed up on it. That there's fixes coming, that there was more they haven't revealed yet.

So it's a really strange example to come in here trying to belittle Blizzard fans by calling them "addicts" by....showing an example where Blizzard admitted they goofed up, and they're looking to fix it.
    Humm...then i got click baited completely?
    I watched like 5 different videos for pete's sake! And not one said what you said.

My bad if thats the case

But @Jester Joe what made me open my eyes is the fact how expensive HS is...and how people still play it regardless.
    This new systems...doesnt make the game any cheaper...and some content creators are welcoming it.
    Why not just play legends of runeterra, where the developers RESPECT YOU !?!

edit: Ive sepnt 40 dollars in my lifetime in LoR...HS ive spent at least 500 dollars
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-11-20 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Fun fact: Morhaime attributed WoW's success mostly to its social aspects.
    And i take Morhaime's word over yours when it comes to WoW at any day.

And by the way, FPS are as social as Moba's and we all know what the Moba community is (in)famous for.
    I'm talking reality, not what a person who is trying to win fans by agreeing to the vocal minorty because he is starting a new firm he wants to succeed. Why didn't classic end up the same way, if the community was so great there? You're forcing people to communicate, that is dictatorship, not freedom. Any game where I really enjoy my time I always get a great community around me and I never struggle to have fun with other people because of it.
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2020-11-20 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Humm...then i got click baited completely?
    I watched like 5 different videos for pete's sake! And not one said what you said.

My bad if thats the case

But @Jester Joe what made me open my eyes is the fact how expensive HS is...and how people still play it regardless.
    This new systems...doesnt make the game any cheaper...and some content creators are welcoming it.
    Why not just play legends of runeterra, where the developers RESPECT YOU !?!
    https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/7783-...zard-statement

Of course people pumped out videos before Blizzard had a response, so they're not going to mention it at that point and taking down the video to edit it to include the update probably isn't worth the time.

And since when was Riot free of criticism? They get more than their fair share of hate thrown at them too from the playerbase. Of course a newer card game is going to come out as "cheaper" at the moment. Hearthstone wasn't considered that ridiculous at the start either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    8 years olds shouting "I fucked your mother last night" into their Xbox headsets are the most socially friend games currently?

That explains a lot...
    Maybe you just need to get to the higher end of ladders, where people who take the game more seriously are. There it's far less toxicity and the communication is rather splendid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/7783-...zard-statement

Of course people pumped out videos before Blizzard had a response, so they're not going to mention it at that point and taking down the video to edit it to include the update probably isn't worth the time.

And since when was Riot free of criticism? They get more than their fair share of hate thrown at them too from the playerbase. Of course a newer card game is going to come out as "cheaper" at the moment. Hearthstone wasn't considered that ridiculous at the start either.
    In terms of Legends of Runeterra...ive sepnt 40 dollars in my lifetime...and i can play ALL the decks i like.
    I am thrown legendaries my way every week and i can buy all the cards with ingame currency i earned.
    Is actually amazing.

HS...500 dollars or more ive spent...AND i only play ONE CLASS!

Is actually insane how expensive HS is...i THINK it can be considered a whales game at this point.