Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowland's World Quests

Anyone else find them a bit time-consuming? Compared to Legion and BFA's World Quests (I didn't play much of BFA so I might be wrong, only did early WQs in it)
    I really dislike not being able to do some World Quests while in a group. Maybe it is a bug but some World Quests only react to your personal contribution, your group members contributions do not count.
    Completing 3-5 World Quests takes almost an hour for me, maybe I suck but all I am saying is that it wasn't like this back in Legion and early BFA.

The best WQs were the ones where you had to kill a single mob, everything else felt tedious.
    The sea was angry that day my friends. - George Costanza

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Neony View Post
    The best WQs were the ones where you had to kill a single mob, everything else felt tedious.
    I dont know. I enjoyed Falling with Style.

Since mob are great, but mini game like ones are fun for me too.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I have noticed that they usually require to kill more mobs or collect more stuff than in previous iterations in Legion or BfA. Time consuming, but not that bad. At least they increased the reputation reward so they feel more rewarding than before. Another thing to note is that it seems there are far less WQs than before.maybe 3-5 per zone while in Legion or BfA seemed to have more per zone.

There's also very little reason to do them beyond acquiring a few conduits early on or completing callings.

You really don't need to collect a lot of anima for anything just yet and the item rewards seem capped at ilvl 161 for the moment.

Heck, anima isn't even bound to player power in the first place, so the actual rewards of doing world quests, including reputation rewards, are mostly cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Anyone else find them a bit time-consuming?
    Somewhat, but that is counterbalanced by them being considerably less numerous and generally providing greater rewards.

I think it's nice to see WQ be less trivial. It's fine because they don't matter as much as they did before. Callings can be completed in a lot of different ways apart from WQ and WQ don't have amazing rewards either. I think it's a good balance, and I find myself doing them randomly when traveling through the zone doing something else, more than going there on purpose.

I really think this is the ultimate version of this system. It feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    You really don't need to collect a lot of anima for anything just yet and the item rewards seem capped at ilvl 161 for the moment.
    I haven't seen an single item reward since i unlocked them 3 days ago. This also seems very lacking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Anyone else find them a bit time-consuming? Compared to Legion and BFA's World Quests (I didn't play much of BFA so I might be wrong, only did early WQs in it)
    I really dislike not being able to do some World Quests while in a group. Maybe it is a bug but some World Quests only react to your personal contribution, your group members contributions do not count.
    Completing 3-5 World Quests takes almost an hour for me, maybe I suck but all I am saying is that it wasn't like this back in Legion and early BFA.
    they are are boring and waste of time as they were in past 2 expansions

missing a lot "kill one rare" quests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I haven't seen an single item reward since i unlocked them 3 days ago. This also seems very lacking to me.
    i got couple of usless 184 conduits from callings so thats something .

World quests are always super boring. But yeah, some of these are super tedious. Especially ones that need a drop that isn't 100%, like I had to kill 25 enemies to get 8 items? Why? Every world quest should be completable in under 2 minutes since they aren't real content anyway and just exist to drag things out.

On the plus side, if you aren't rushing to complete your Anima thing to get more Renown there's literally no reason to ever do world quests, the rep rewards are all garbage and the world quests themselves have terrible rewards. Personally I can't imagine myself doing any world quests unless I need some for anima at the end of the week, but there's plenty of other sources for anima so I doubt that will ever be necessary.

I think they said a while back that there would be less world quests, but they would take longer to complete. I haven't hit 60 yet, so I haven't gotten to experience if this system is better or worse than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Neony View Post
    I don't know dude, although I would've agreed with you before, those calligraphy quests might've been the least tedious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I think they said a while back that there would be less world quests, but they would take longer to complete. I haven't hit 60 yet, so I haven't gotten to experience if this system is better or worse than before.
    I scan the maps for all available ones, out of about 15-20 that are up, you are lucky if even 1 of them reward a piece of gear. 70% seem to reward anima. I feel like these definitely degraded in quality. Just because killing 15 mobs takes longer now doesn't mean the quest has any more value or meaning, in fact, it has much less of both this time around. Even after I am able to fly later on in SL, I don't think I'll be doing these like I might've in past expansions (unless something changes).
    Last edited by slime; 2020-12-02 at 01:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do prefer world quests of just "go here and kill this one elite monster". 70 anima isn't much for 10 minute WQ's. I'm aware anima doesn't mean much but really I'm after the reputation. The gear offered is useless so anima is the most useful of the rewards I can get atm.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    those calligraphy quests might've been the least tedious.
    Except for those days where the server latency was all fubar for no good reason. Then they were hell!

10+ Year Old Account
    They take longer but are entirely optional. They basically have zero affect on your player progression outside of Callings. I like this style infinitely better than BFA zerg fest WQs.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Blizzard basically made them longer but emissaries also take one less.

Every single bastion WQ is absolute trash, no question

I think they award less gear because later you'll be able to use anima to get a set of gear and upgrade it. So you don't see much gear now, but you'll have a full solid set by the end of the patch cycle hopefully. And it'll benefit the outdoor playstyle with set bonuses.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Blizzard basically made them longer but emissaries also take one less.
    But they still take a lot longer to finish. I also don't get why people are saying the rewards are better, they aren't. More time consuming world quests coupled with no flight whistle (which was removed due to reasons) just means blizzard wants you to spend a lot more time in completing your chores.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Why would that be a positive change?
    Hey we give you less to do but as compensation we make it more grindy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Every single bastion WQ is absolute trash, no question
    The one where you hop from bird to bird to kill 5 riders is ok.