The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The fact is Trump is losing at every turn and it’s difficult to say how he’ll come out on top with what he is trying to accomplish (overturning Biden) in any way short of a military coup by now. Republican supporters say if all else fails, wait until 2024 but Trump’s fate out of office is looking too grim for that despite his promises he’ll return.

I genuinely think the GOP is screwed.
    The only reason Trump will announce his 2024 campaign on inauguration day and feign a 2024 campaign is so he can reap the hundreds of millions of dollars his idiot supporters continue to send him. Plus, I don't think we've had someone run for President while under house arrest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...litics&via=rss

Great news, more Americans are getting covid! At least Trump thinks it's great news.
    Big number equal good.

It's like how Trump has SO MANY big GREAT bankruptcies! The most bestest bankruptsies.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Every part. Start here and move forward.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385
    Yeah, I'll pass, thanks though.

Make your point, using cites and reasoning, or don't. But I won't play juvenile games with you, even if we are on the same side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...litics&via=rss

Great news, more Americans are getting covid! At least Trump thinks it's great news.
    "The numbers should skyrocket downward."
    - Donald J Trump, 2020

God, I miss the old days of Bush, when making a gaff like that would have been the most embarrassing thing the president did in a month.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Big number equal good.

It's like how Trump has SO MANY big GREAT bankruptcies! The most bestest bankruptsies.
    It's equal parts sad and disappointing that 70M+ people voted for this baffoon. We've never had someone more unqualified sitting in the White House in the modern history of the United States. Even Bush2 is a fucking Rhodes Scholar next to our current Dipshit-in-Chief.

- - - Updated - - -

I just did. If you don’t know what sedition is just say so, I can link a more basic definition if it helps.
    You didn't though, make any points, or reasoning, or anything outside of this juvenile game you like to play every once in a while. We're not going to do your work for you. Point to the act, then the section that's in violation, and give us your reasoning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    "The numbers should skyrocket downward."
    - Donald J Trump, 2020

God, I miss the old days of Bush, when making a gaff like that would have been the most embarrassing thing the president did in a month.
    What's truly amazing is that almost every week Trump does something that should have gotten him removed from office. But the GOP cult machine is so ramped up that he controls their every move through pure ineptitude along with the backing of the basket of deplorables.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They asked supporters if they’re willing to die to overturn the results of the election. I then linked the legal definition of sedition, which would cover them doing that. Not sure why you’re so confused here.
    See, that wasn't so hard. I love that you think I'm the one that's confused. But at least you're trying. Next time just do that from the onset, and maybe include the points you're trying to make in sequence, so we can avoid your juvenile games. Just food for thought.

It is interesting that they call for the violent overthrow of the government, and yet nothing will be done with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They asked supporters if they’re willing to die to overturn the results of the election. I then linked the legal definition of sedition, which would cover them doing that. Not sure why you’re so confused here.
    That tweet does not rise to the level of sedition.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That tweet does not rise to the level of sedition.
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with you. @Vegas82 has a valid point, they are calling for armed revolt to overthrow a legitimate election. However, there is certainly room to argue both sides.

Have you seen any actions or statements that, in your opinion, would rise to the level of sedition?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with you. @Vegas82 has a valid point, they are calling for armed revolt to overthrow a legitimate election.
    Are they, though? We see it as that, but there's yuuuuge amounts of wiggle-room in what was actually said.

No court of law would ever uphold a sedition charge based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Have you seen any actions or statements that, in your opinion, would rise to the level of sedition?
    To that I would ask the counter-question: do you honestly believe, in your heart, that these people would take up arms and actually fight the country? Not just bluster, or pose for pictures, but actually attack and kill people?

If so, then they're guilty of sedition.

Whether or not the case could be made in a court is another matter. Whether or not we want to start down the path of sedition charges over this is also another matter. I don't really want to open that pandora's box if it can be avoided.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are they, though? We see it as that, but there's yuuuuge amounts of wiggle-room in what was actually said.

No court of law would ever uphold a sedition charge based on that.
    Yeah, when you lay it out like that, you're entirely correct. And yeah, even what they are calling out for isn't clear.

To that I would ask the counter-question: do you honestly believe, in your heart, that these people would take up arms and actually fight the country? Not just bluster, or pose for pictures, but actually attack and kill people?

If so, then they're guilty of sedition.

Whether or not the case could be made in a court is another matter. Whether or not we want to start down the path of sedition charges over this is also another matter. I don't really want to open that pandora's box if it can be avoided.
    Probably not - I think they would back down, and/or be quelled almost immediately, culling their violent membership and staving the rest into stunned submission.

And no, we do not want to open that box. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretch...idnapping_plot

You can’t pretend innocence when this kind of shit has been thwarted multiple times this year alone.
    And those people have been arrested and are facing charges. Despite what you might think, sedition only carries a maximum of a 20 year sentence, while those assholes are looking at a possible life in prison sentence, so I'd say that those charges are quite adequate.

But you can't reasonably extrapolate that every dumbass Republican on Twitter is the same as those dumbass "militia" members who plotted a kidnapping, just because they're dumbasses on the same side.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

208,121 new cases, about 23.5k more than last Tuesday. The actual total will probably be 3-4k higher since both Nebraska and New Mexico haven't reported yet. New Mexico had an outage so won't be able to report until Wednesday.

Top 20:

California: 26,000 new cases; 212 deaths (new record)
    Texas: 14,651 new cases; 199 deaths
    Ohio: 12,720 new cases (new record); 87 deaths
    Arizona: 12,314 new cases (new record); 23 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 10,118 new cases; 174 deaths
    New York: 9722 new cases; 91 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Illinois: 7,910 new cases; 168 deaths
    Michigan: 6,676 new cases; 203 deaths
    Tennessee: 6,019 new cases; 100 deaths (new record)
    Georgia: 5,577 new cases; 22 deaths
    Indiana: 5,385 new cases; 126 deaths
    New Jersey: 5,254 new cases; 87 deaths
    Missouri: 4,876 new cases; 132 deaths
    North Carolina: 4,670 new cases; 45 deaths
    Alabama: 4,436 new cases (new record); 50 deaths
    Massachusetts: 4,122 new cases; 41 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,114 new cases; 68 deaths
    Colorado: 3,971 new cases; 14 deaths
    Virginia: 3,860 new cases; 52 deaths

Other states with new case/death records: Idaho, Iowa and Oregon.

Arizona had a huge total last Tuesday when they came back from the holiday weekend and they explained that it was a correction because of Thanksgiving (and it was then redistributed by worldometers to reflect that). Today there was no such qualifier that I've seen. I still think it's a bit of a correction, but Arizona is getting hammered and their hospitalization numbers are just about where they were in the Summer when they had to start up the death panels. Texas I do not believe, to be honest. Their positivity has been trending upward for weeks now. I can't say with any confidence that there's monkey business going on with their numbers like there is in Florida, but I wouldn't be surprised to read about it later.

2,913 deaths is about 300 more than last Tuesday and brings the total to 293,398. Add in the numbers from Nebraska and New Mexico and it's very possible it would pass 3k (last week they had 83 combined on Tuesday). 10 states had triple-digit death numbers. We will almost certainly see new national records again this week.

Related news:

Almost exactly 1 in 22 Americans have tested positive.--My uncle became one of them yesterday.

First signs of Thanksgiving COVID-19 wave emerge--I'm sure this is a "well no shit" moment for most of us but the way this reads it's only the beginning.

Biden details plan to combat coronavirus pandemic in first 100 days--Frankly I'm skeptical given the amount of pushback he's going to get from GOP who ostensibly pledged to serve their constituents but have given no evidence of actually doing so, but it's still leagues better than "it's one person coming over from China" and "it'll be gone by April".

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    2,913 deaths
    Jesus, so close to that next depressing break point.

10+ Year Old Account
    They’re actively encouraging those people who are also being riled up by the President. It’s not a hard argument to make. And that was a single example. There are many from the past year.
    It's not a hard argument to make. It is, however, an impossible argument to win in a court of law. There's no direct language, there's no specificity, there's no way to prove intent.

It would be outright ridiculous to attempt to push sedition charges on whatever staffer has the reigns of the party Twitter account. It would be a mockery of a case, and it would only give the GoP another rallying cry.

- - - Updated - - -

208,121 new cases, about 23.5k more than last Tuesday. The actual total will probably be 3-4k higher since both Nebraska and New Mexico haven't reported yet.

2,913 deaths is about 300 more than last Tuesday and brings the total to 293,398. Add in the numbers from Nebraska and New Mexico and it's very possible it would pass 3k (last week they had 83 combined on Tuesday).
    Nebraska's data is in, making it +209,597 cases and +2,954 deaths.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

First signs of Thanksgiving COVID-19 wave emerge--I'm sure this is a "well no shit" moment for most of us but the way this reads it's only the beginning.
    And stupid people will think its just fine and it's safe in a few weeks when there is even more people traveling for Christmas.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    And stupid people will think its just fine and it's safe in a few weeks when there is even more people traveling for Christmas.
    I'm seeing those Covid-19 case numbers on a timeline curse, and the only word I can think of is exponential.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    If you're attempting to call out the Trump supporters still lurking on the boards, don't bother. In the past, the most they could manage were drive-by "Gotchas!", and it seems like even that's started to die down. The ones on the boards aren't even the hardcore, red hat-wearing zealots. They are the "stoic independents" that sit on the sidelines, wringing their hands about the evil SJWs ruining media and the scary brown people rioting in the blue states.

In short, they aren't the sort of folk to stick their neck out for anyone or anything, even their "God Emperor".
    That's because all of the hardcore ones were permabanned long ago.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's because all of the hardcore ones were permabanned long ago.
    Or they had their accounts deleted.

I wonder what Sulla is up to these days. He was saving up his infraction points for when Trump won. I'd like to see his reaction to it not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Or they had their accounts deleted.

I wonder what Sulla is up to these days. He was saving up his infraction points for when Trump won. I'd like to see his reaction to it not happening.
    One day I should go through all the old posts and find that kind of stuff. Nothing like a classic "you'll all burn" from Sulla when it came to supporting a pedophile of his or some R name saying Trump would be the greatest ever.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    One day I should go through all the old posts and find that kind of stuff. Nothing like a classic "you'll all burn" from Sulla when it came to supporting a pedophile of his or some R name saying Trump would be the greatest ever.
    At least go through the first couple of pages of this thread.

Remember when Tillerson calling Trump a moron was what was in the news for a couple days, instead of thousands of dead americans each day? oof.