Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    Am I the only person who actually likes this concept? And by no means was it implemented succesfully.
    Because the ilvl got way to high thanks to titanforging..
    I also miss the days of reforging but for some lame reason(s) we can't have that back..
    did i like warforging? not really. it felt unnecessary but it didn't hurt the game like titanforging did. i would be fine with VERY LIMITED warforging coming back. 5 ilvl at most. that was the only time an upgrade actually felt like a bonus and not like you were getting ripped off.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    My guild had no mythic aspirations. We were a smaller, more tight knit family style guild and rarely could even muster the 20 to do mythic, even if we wanted to. Many of us were not interested in the harshness and stress that mythic raiding is.

Why can't there be a system of progressive rewards on the forms of content we choose to play in?
    Aren't there? Am I missing something? Dont you have a chance to get gear any time you do pretty much anything in the game?

WF I don't mind
    TF is trash
    I don't like the lesser loot situation but with the amount of bitching I hear about it I doubt that'll last long.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Aren't there? Am I missing something? Dont you have a chance to get gear any time you do pretty much anything in the game?
    Raiding is all static drops. Heroic is the endgame for a lot of people. When you raid heroic enough, you eventually get all the drops. It would just be nice to at least have a reason to keep going once that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post

No, it is very bad for the game. Creating a situation where only 1% of players ever get any sense of completion does not make players happy.
    I disagree - this is a perspective issue driven by the players - its a player issue, not a design issue. For example - i dont watch shroud play CS and then enjoy my playtime LESS just because there are people performing at a higher level than me. This would only be an issue if those 1% players were in direct competition with the 99%, and they are not. If every time i tried to play a game, I was up against Shroud and similar players, then yes, this would be a massive issue.

My BiS list is tailored to the content I do - if its Mythic raids, then yeah, its going to be Mythic raid loot (for the most part). If im doing heroic, its Heroic loot. When i used to raid heroic, my feeling of accomplishment was not lessened just because my friends guild had cleared it on Mythic.

You make it sound like completing a game on anything other than the hardest difficulty is pointless and gives no sense of completion - which is just not true at all. If a game has 4 difficulties, easy, normal, hard, and nightmare, I would argue the overwhelming majority complete said game on easy followed by normal followed by hard with a TINY percentage completing it on nightmare.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-01-25 at 08:28 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Raiding is all static drops. Heroic is the endgame for a lot of people. When you raid heroic enough, you eventually get all the drops. It would just be nice to at least have a reason to keep going once that happens.
    How is that any different from mythic raiding?

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person who actually likes this concept?
    No. WF/TF made everything much more replayable, that was its purpose. It's a shame Blizz has caved in to whining of a vocal minority.

NO, stay away with this crap!

Titanforging was amazing. It made loot feel fresh and made World Quests actually worth doing. No idea why Blizz got rid of it.

If you're well established in the mythic raiding scene, it's not. But mythic is a whole other ballpark and not everyone is going to have access. I'm good enough to raid heroic but not at all good enough to raid mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrolling View Post
    World Quests actually worth doing.
    This is a REALLY common theme from pro WF/TF players - getting extremely high ilvl loot for doing braindead content. Put simply - if you want better gear, do harder content - even a normal 5man dungeon is more challenging than a WQ, then you have heroics, LFR, Random BGs, Arena. And those are the things you can randomly queue for to improve your gear.

Even one step up you have low lvl mythics, including +0, Normal, Rated Bgs etc etc. that have very low barriers to entry. The content is there, go do it. I think its a TERRIBLE idea to give a chance at group content quality loot for spamming some braindead WQ.

Glad its gone, dont want to see it return. Would be interesting to see how many people were "pro TF" if it only happened on heroic/mythic raid loot and after a certain rating in pvp.

if they implemented valor upgrades to pve gear that caps out slightly below the next difficulty level so that heroic is always an upgrade over normal then i could see them doing that. But for the love of God no more 50 item level titanforging bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is a REALLY common theme from pro WF/TF players - getting extremely high ilvl loot for doing braindead content. Put simply - if you want better gear, do harder content - even a normal 5man dungeon is more challenging than a WQ, then you have heroics, LFR, Random BGs, Arena. And those are the things you can randomly queue for to improve your gear.

Even one step up you have low lvl mythics, including +0, Normal, Rated Bgs etc etc. that have very low barriers to entry. The content is there, go do it. I think its a TERRIBLE idea to give a chance at group content quality loot for spamming some braindead WQ.

Glad its gone, dont want to see it return. Would be interesting to see how many people were "pro TF" if it only happened on heroic/mythic raid loot and after a certain rating in pvp.
    Yeh I'm so glad that world quests are basically just for cosmetics now. Otherwise I would have quit after the second week trying to grind anima power every day or whatever to be able to play the game. Now I can just do a world boss, do the weekly pvp quest and the renown level is done.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-25 at 09:06 PM.

Am I the only person who actually likes this concept? And by no means was it implemented succesfully.
    Because the ilvl got way to high thanks to titanforging..
    I also miss the days of reforging but for some lame reason(s) we can't have that back..
    I'll pass, I like being able to be done with a toon until the next tier without relying on titanforging.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

If you're well established in the mythic raiding scene, it's not. But mythic is a whole other ballpark and not everyone is going to have access. I'm good enough to raid heroic but not at all good enough to raid mythic.
    So just to be clear, i believe everyone has ACCESS to it - there is no HARD barrier to entry - just skill and effort and time. To be clear, i agree that not everyone is capable or able to commit to mythic raiding, and i applaud your honesty when saying you dont feel you are good enough for mythic. IMO, if you are a solid heroic raider, you probably have the potential to raid mythic, just maybe not at the higher end of it.

To be fair, the heroic scene is a shambles, and has been since Legion - some players with the ilvl to comfortably clear heroic shouldnt even be in normal - ironically in part due to having a bunch of TF gear massively boosting their ilvl. I still remember taking 2 pallies to heroic in BFA who had the highest ilvl of the group, and yet had to be removed pretty early on because they had absolutely no fucking clue what they were doing. And I dont just mean mechanics, i mean they had no clue how to even play at a heroic DUNGEON level, let along normal/heroic raids. They ended up doing about half the damage of each tank, and just had to be asked to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh I'm so glad that world quests are basically just for cosmetics now. Otherwise I would have quit after the second week trying to grind anima power every day or whatever to be able to play the game. Now I can just do a world boss, do the weekly pvp quest and the renown level is done.
    I am enjoying the feeling of just doing content i enjoy - I have done bugger all WQ, story complete on multiple toons, everything all up to date. If i dont play for a few days, i dont feel like "omfg im so far behind, im gonna spam some mindless shit for 10 hours to try catch up". Maybe its me that has changed, maybe its the game, im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    What drought exactly?
    Are you serious? There are people who have done 20 m+ runs and only gotten like two pieces of gear total.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The loot is fine. You new gen players are way to used to loot being showered on you right away.

Loot used to take months to get and was rewarding. The past few xpacs was crap for gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Raids drop fine amount of loot.
    If you want garbage loot drop rates, go play Classic. Loot drops need to be increased.

No. Never bring that shit back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    There's no such thing as passing on items in a world where master loot no longer exists (at least when it comes to bind on pickup items) and you can't trade items that are higher ilvl than what you currently have anyway.
    I meant pass on as in sharding it

Warforging as a concept can stay dead. Fuck that shit.

LFR players stay at an LFR item level. It is as it should be.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Are you serious? There are people who have done 20 m+ runs and only gotten like two pieces of gear total.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want garbage loot drop rates, go play Classic. Loot drops need to be increased.
    Those players unlocked more slots on the great vault. That effort wasn't wasted. Gear from mythic+ in legion or bfa was just the footnote. There was no excitement from it. It was just a given. If you did get loot, what mattered was whether it titanforged or not. If it didn't titanforge then it might as well have not dropped at all. You are missing that point. Untitanforged gear was equal to gear not dropping at all. Readjust your comparison data with the probably of titanforged gear only.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-25 at 09:28 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Instant. Gratification. Junkie.