Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Controller support on PC. They're releasing it for console, so there should be no excuses.

When my friends were talking about what quality of life improvements that they wanted from D2 if they ever remastered it (this was roughly a decade ago), my biggest change I always wanted was auto-pickup of gold... because it was always a pain in a the butt. Since we now have a choice, the rest of the improvements are just icing on the cake for me.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I kinda wish they would buff unused skills to promote diversity a bit more. I'd love to see some skill setups be viable beyond insane gear levels.

I'm super bummed that couch co-op on consoles won't be there. Probably will make me just pass on it. We have 2 ps4s, and CAN play that way, but it just isn't as fun in separate rooms.

Mod support would be nice.

I'd love if they allowed us to mod the shit ouf of d2 and rebalance abilities and still play with friends online.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Mod support would be nice.

I'd love if they allowed us to mod the shit ouf of d2 and rebalance abilities and still play with friends online.
    This is what concerns me most about the remaster. I play D2 solo WAY more than online. Mostly because I enjoy all the mods and overhauls. I can't even recall the last time I was on the ladder.

One of the panels I saw suggested there would be solo offline play, so I am hoping D2R is open to modding in some form at the very least.

It looks like they added in proper shortcuts for spells so you can use them more readily like D3 instead of one at a time which will be awesome.

Honestly I think they should be willing to make changes, additions. This isn't like Classic WoW where it was locked away in a vault for 10-15 years, people have still been playing Diablo 2 this whole time, the game used to get many changes and it's already a long way from what it was when I played it in 1.10 and Breath of the Dying was the best weapon in the game.

The new graphics look lovely but I'd like them to make a bunch of QOL changes, and maybe add some new content, so long as it doesn't step on too many toes or break the gameplay loop. And is my character gonna disappear after 3months? Blizzard deleted my old D2 account because I didn't log in for a while, I opened that account in 2002 and lost my original Bigbazz character.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is what concerns me most about the remaster. I play D2 solo WAY more than online. Mostly because I enjoy all the mods and overhauls. I can't even recall the last time I was on the ladder.

One of the panels I saw suggested there would be solo offline play, so I am hoping D2R is open to modding in some form at the very least.
    They already confirmed full mod support, the old mods will have to be updated though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Honestly I think they should be willing to make changes, additions. This isn't like Classic WoW where it was locked away in a vault for 10-15 years, people have still been playing Diablo 2 this whole time, the game used to get many changes and it's already a long way from what it was when I played it in 1.10 and Breath of the Dying was the best weapon in the game.

The new graphics look lovely but I'd like them to make a bunch of QOL changes, and maybe add some new content, so long as it doesn't step on too many toes or break the gameplay loop.
    They are making a bunch of QoL changes, you can see from some of the gameplay vids the UI is changed a lot. It also has full controller support.

5+ Year Old Account
    Easy looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They already confirmed full mod support, the old mods will have to be updated though.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info.

For the price I hope they're doing more than updating graphics

7+ Year Old Account
    did i read correctly that local multiplayer isnt gonna be a thing for it? i like that me and my kids can all play diablo 3 together. being able to do that with dablo 2 would be amazing. im hoping i just misread it.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    When my friends were talking about what quality of life improvements that they wanted from D2 if they ever remastered it (this was roughly a decade ago), my biggest change I always wanted was auto-pickup of gold... because it was always a pain in a the butt. Since we now have a choice, the rest of the improvements are just icing on the cake for me.
    I think a reasonable way to go about it would be if you click on one piece of gold it should pick up all the gold around you and then it'll still feel like an older school arpg but have the gold pickup of modern ones.

I'm wondering how they'll address some of the more nuanced play like paladin aura flashing in console. I guess stutter-stepping spell casting will be easier since it's just button presses on console

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

They already stated it would have modding. Who knows exactly to what extent, but modding nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm wondering how they'll address some of the more nuanced play like paladin aura flashing in console. I guess stutter-stepping spell casting will be easier since it's just button presses on console
    PC has controller support as well but my guess is you'll be able to macro buttons just like Diablo 3 from 1-5 and mouse buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I'm super bummed that couch co-op on consoles won't be there. Probably will make me just pass on it. We have 2 ps4s, and CAN play that way, but it just isn't as fun in separate rooms.
    Yup. I'll get the game on console, but couch co-op would've guaranteed a ton of playtime. My wife and I put in a lot of hours on D3, and she is really looking forward to D4.

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    did i read correctly that local multiplayer isnt gonna be a thing for it? i like that me and my kids can all play diablo 3 together. being able to do that with dablo 2 would be amazing. im hoping i just misread it.
    Doubt it would be couch co-op unless they implemented some split screen action, and that seems unlikely.

They would have to sacrifice a lot to get split-screen co-op working. Since it sounds like they aren't changing the game itself, it wouldn't work like D3's style of couch co-op having all four players share one screen. D2 operates very differently and is centered around your character being at the center of your screen and all the AI and world being rendered and built around you. It was very archaic.

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    Just gonna jump in here and say that local multiplayer isnt the same as couch-coop.

Local multiplayer literally just means you are using your LAN instead of the internet to play together. That means a pc/console each.

They took a stance against couch coop because they didnt like deviding the screen into multiple smaller screens.