Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The bigger question is how does someone like that even get picked? I'd never heard of him before this, Milo I had some knowledge of before his failed attempt at speaking at it.
    They wanted someone to help with the "we're not white superemists" message they try every cpac by having one or two POC speak.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    They wanted someone to help with the "we're not white superemists" message they try every cpac by having one or two POC speak.

CPAC, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Are you saying... they’re cancelling the cancellers?
    Nah, it's like how a negative times a negative equals a positive, so it's okay when they do it.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    This guy tries to demonize and delegitimize the state of Israel... He's a SJW and not a real conservative.
    Calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a RINO is sooooooooooooo 2020.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy tries to demonize and delegitimize the state of Israel... He's a SJW and not a real conservative.
    Of course not! SAFE SPPPAAAAACCCCEEE. I'll give you credit that you actually stated this opinion and haven't deleted or walked it back despite how manifestly dumb it is.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-02-23 at 10:13 PM.

Yeah, because saying " the censorship & pedophilia on social media is being done by Israeli Jews,” and claimed that “all of these big tech [companies], media, & social media platforms are controlled by CCP & Israel through Jewish CEO & corrupt Democrats" is totally SJW talk and not in any way the words of a far right nut job.

And i know this will probably never enter you thick skull, but i will try anyway: For SJWs (or any left leaning person) denouncing the state of Israel (and to a lesser extent the citizens) for their dismal treatment of the palestinians and their penchant for enacting an apartheid society =/= Hating the jews.

A thing i'm honestly impressed with you conservatives. You not only manage to be consistently wrong on almost every political view, but your takes are the most dumb and idiotic for anything under the sun.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    If he isn’t a real conservative then why did they invite him in the first place?

Also conservative organizations like the KKK are also really anti-Semitic.
    Theres also a third position. Isreal is fucking garbage, even many jewish people will agree. Now if you are invited to conservative stuff, you are in a weird paradox, a lot of right wing people in the US are massive Zionist and then you have the other right wings that hate the "secret cabal of jews elites that run the world" with their space lazer. Its gona be funny as hell now that the crazy right wings have gained so much ground in their party with Trump, they are gona intermix with the Zionist more and more. A lot of cancels incoming.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-02-23 at 10:54 PM.

Why do I feel like Trump has destroyed the Republican Party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    He didn't. This is just what bigotry looks like at the high levels of government when it doesn't have its civil mask on.

He's saying the quiet part out loud, basically - they destroyed themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You know I never really bothered with politics until Trump decided to run.

It has left me rather perplexed I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    He didn't. This is just what bigotry looks like at the high levels of government when it doesn't have its civil mask on.

He's saying the quiet part out loud, basically - they destroyed themselves.
    More or less this.

And what's amusing, is how many Republicans seem relieved that they can just be blatantly bigoted pieces of shit in public now that they know they won't face electoral repercussions. Almost like that's been bubbling just under the lid for years now and Trump finally released the hateful, bigoted pressure valve.

HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Like steam escaping. One could call it a French Mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    More or less this.

And what's amusing, is how many Republicans seem relieved that they can just be blatantly bigoted pieces of shit in public now that they know they won't face electoral repercussions. Almost like that's been bubbling just under the lid for years now and Trump finally released the hateful, bigoted pressure valve.

HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Like steam escaping. One could call it a French Mistake.
    Until suddenly there ARE electoral repercussions. I am thinking more and more that 2022 is going to be a landslide for democrats. Democrats are doing a decent job, and although Senator Manchin and Senator Sinema hold oversized influence in the party, the fact that the liberal side of the party is treating them with respect makes the point quite loudly that liberals respect conservatives that are not bat shit crazy.

This will go a long way towards making the idea of full democratic control of the Senate - as in having a nice margin of error - a lot safer for moderates and even some conservatives. Bill Mahr had some Lincoln Project people on his show, and Bill Mahr tried to pull the "both sides" saying there were those on the left that are just as wacky as the terrorists of January 6th. The Lincoln Project basically said NO - emphatically NO, and the reason we are fighting Trump so hard even now is that he is still an EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO THE US.

Bil Mahr owns the show and he was persistent enough in this that he finally got them to reluctantly agree that yeah there are a few on the left that are dangerous. But the point is: people are ready to turn on republicans in a big way. By 2022 a good number of these people will possibly be willing to vote straight blue tickets.

The best thing that democrats can do now, besides governing in a decent respectful way, is to give CPAC and Trump and Hawley and Greene as big a megaphone as we can get them to take. The Texas freeze, the Abbot deflection "its the wind turbines that did this", and the Cruz trip to Mexico cemented the idea that we really need to replace republicans with democrats. After all, Texas is the only place where wind turbines don't work in cold weather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exposed, not destroyed. He got 75 million votes...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Why would the Conservative Political Action Conference invite a far-left SJW, as you say? Are they incompetent or something?
    Yes to the second question.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't -- he just ripped off the mask and showed the power hungry party with no real ideals who is seeking a populist figure to lead them.

Have no fear -- they'll fall in line behind the next messiah and one again change all of their "core" policy beliefs to fit that new leader. Just as long as it keeps them in power.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

is the happy science guy talking again this year?

This isn't the first time CPAC decided to do this, and it won't be the last. At the end of the day, CPAC isn't about conservatism, it's about populism. This is how they pander to their donors, their constituents, and is a networking opportunity for them. It's a boondoggle for rich assholes, and an opportunity for politicians to push their hatred and bigotry in order to win the hearts and minds... of fellow bigots.

10+ Year Old Account
    CPAC, basically.
    As Raphael Cruz showed, they should have changed is name to Travis Jackson...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Given how often this happens, you'd figure these conservative groups would like, have an intern spend 5-10 minutes doing research (i.e. checking out their social media feeds) on guests before inviting and promoting them.
    I think that you're giving them too much credit. They likely do have an intern or someone review each speaker's history; however, it's hard to have someone filter out people for holding reprehensible views when you yourself have reprehensible views. The intern probably looked at Young Pharaoh's media, saw he has a hatred/distrust for Jews and thought "You, too? Neat." before giving it the stamp of approval.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    CPAC, looks to be very business as usual.

Woke: "Thanks for 2020 Scriptwriters!"
    Broke: The script has been writing itself all along.

“This is my boyfriend,” one woman says. #CPAC