Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    For me:
    When there is a generalization to defend every kind of Timegating instead of critically thinking on a case by case situation.
    The exact quote that triggers me immensely is:

"If it wasn't for timegating you would clear the game very fast, be bored, complain and unsubscribe"

<------- me
    Mine would be:
    1. It's an MMO so if you don't do group content, then quit and play a FPS.

2. World quests take 5 mins max so it should only take you 30 mins to do all your world content every day.

3. Gear from "MY" source should be higher than "your" source since I work harder and it takes more skill.

4. The Majority of Players (and then just make any statement to back your opinion)

5A. The game is easier now than it has ever been.
    5B. The raids are harder now than they have ever been.

Lots of games being played outside of the game being played.

Most opinions or suggestions that LFR needs to be either removed or redesigned into something completely different from the experience that it is.

People who can't even do a normal raid deserve full mythic bis cuz they pay for the game.

Everytime I hear "its good that there is not so much to do this expansion so I can play alts or other games"

"You can't have non-humanoid, playable races (Naga, centaur etc) because items doesn't work on them." With the addition of Mechagnomes, it's been shown that Transmog and armor doesn't have to impede on the implementation on races, given how broken the race is when it comes to gear and its own features clipping into itself, I'm just about ready to see some wildly different, playable races.

None, but some make me laugh:

1. "I wasn't invited to a group - it is proof of the toxic community".
    2. "Players that min/max are toxic for the game." And when you ask them why they don't find other "non-toxic" people to play with you never ever get an answer.

In general the arguments of the wilfully bad, with one notable poster as exception, are laughable childish.

That you are "forced" to do things in the game. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, if they try then just tell them to fuck off.

"The game is bad because I don't get enough loot".

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    There's 2 for me:

1. Tauren's can't be rogues because they're too big and have hooves. As if the "realism" line should be drawn is before taurens being rogues but after elephants that can jump, anyone even gnomes can carry literally over a hundred pieces of armor and weapons, flying cities, etc. Its mind crushingly stupid.

2. A member of a given race would never want to join the other faction or be X class. Fantasy and SciFi were more or less created to show how stupid race based rules are. My god, even the granddaddy of all sword and board and dragon stories was about a member of a non adventurous race being different and going on an adventure. All it does is flatten the created world by forcing it to be inhabited by 2D characters.
    What made that non adventurous race going out on an adventure special was that they were an outlier to their own kind. They were a one of a kind, truly unique sight out in the big world. If the Hobbits did this regularly, Frodo/Bilbo wouldn't be that unique.

Give every race everything, and the only thing unique about them would be cosmetics. There may as well be no other races. Just one homogenous race.

That's a reflection of real life race too. Take away the culture and what have you? A blank human slate.

Some others that come to mind:

"Wow has an extensive cash shop"...no, it doesn't. There's literally like 20 things in total and they are all cosmetics.

"It is an objective truth that X expansion/dungeon/raid/zone is good and that Y expansion/dungeon/raid/zone is bad" - no comment

"Classic wow was immensly successful so therefore this and that thing should happen to the proper game" - people living in a dream, classic wow has been dead since 3 months after its release, nothing at all as far as design decisions should be implemented into real WoW from it

"It's much better when you are just an insignificant adventurer in a game rather than the chosen one / hero / messiah" - yeah, there being no story and you being an unimportant person makes for a great story, try again

"Mythic+ ruined raiding because it gives infinite amount of loot! No point i raiding anymore wooo!" - raiding is still factually the fastest and most optimal way of gearing up, gearing through m+ takes ages and the fact that you can "spam" them doesn't matter

"X pre-legion expansion was great for a casual player" (Bonus points for: "WoW Classic is great for a casual player") - before Legion there was about 10 times less world content and random casual things you can do, wow classic has literally nothing to do besides leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully you realise how contradictory are these two statements.
    They aren't. Though in hindsight I can see how someone can think I meant the first one in the sense of attacking people for not clearing higher difficulty. Maybe I didn't phrase it in the most clear way. Heroic is what relatively hardcore players do, that's why I mentioned the difficulty. This is the main accolade for a regular player as far as pve goes, so by someone who just clears heroic I basically mean a person who just does the raids and dungeons and skips the other content completely By no means do I meant that the highest difficulty doable by regular players is too low, or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    5B. The raids are harder now than they have ever been.
    If you feel they are easier that's your right to have that opinion, but it's almost objectively untrue. If you compare the raids from modern expansions directly against the older ones it's clear the newer ones are much more complex and challenging
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-03-28 at 08:04 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It doesn't piss me off but the one I disagree with the most is Wotlk being good. I can't say enough good about Ulduar but Wotlk for me was the expansion that killed my TBC guild because it was too easy - dungeons and Naxx being a joke. Trial of the Crusader wasn't enjoyable and felt super lazy, and ICC while decent isn't a better 'big final raid' than Hellfire Citadel, Antorus or Siege of Orgrimmar to me. It sure was no Black Temple or Sunwell. It's the expansion a lot of people seem to love but for me a lot of the issues people have with the current game were kinda introduced in Wotlk and for me it just wasn't that enjoyable. Aside from Ulduar which I will agree with was amazing in most ways. That was a fantastic tier but overall the expansion felt very low quality in the PVE department. I honestly think WoD had better raids (it only had 3 but all of them were great) and the dungeons of Wotlk are the worst ones whenever Timewalking comes around imo.

1. My absolute favorite are the rubbish arugments like: "but before you (guys) said you want x, now you say y, you just can't decide what you want"
    when in reality, different people want x and y, the issue talked about just didn't affect the people that wanted y yet, hence no one was crying out for y.

2. Blind appeal to authority, because for some reason every dipshit artist is supposedly the ultimate authority on how to design game mechanics and a player can't ever have a good idea.

3. "If you know better, where is your game/movie/comic/book?!", like seriously, you don't have to be an expert like an architect to know that something went wrong when half of the new house collapsed.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-03-28 at 08:27 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

"Casuals vs elite." This is dividing the playerbase.

"You pay for access, and that doesn't give you a right to [gear]". If I've paid to see a movie, then I should get to see how it ends.

"If you criticize something, then clearly you hate it." No, what if I want it to be better?

"The game should be tuned for the elite players only." Um, no. Just no.

"Stop complaining, its just alpha/beta/release, it will be fixed in beta/release/next patch."

"You're not FORCED to make this choice/get this item/etc."

Thanks, yeah, you're right nobody is putting a gun to my head preventing me from doing bizarre shit, but since this is a game involving, you know, OTHER PEOPLE, that doesn't really work that way.

5+ Year Old Account
    For me it is not so much the argument itself, but the evidence that supports it. If they are clearly talking out of their arses that is a strict no.

For me is “play with your friends/guild” and/or “create your own fixed group”.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "You're not FORCED to make this choice/get this item/etc."

Thanks, yeah, you're right nobody is putting a gun to my head preventing me from doing bizarre shit, but since this is a game involving, you know, OTHER PEOPLE, that doesn't really work that way.
    If people are forcing you to do things against your will you should go to the police. If it's not against your will you're not really being forced.

"Im just venting I didnt want your input"

No you posted on a public forum made for discussion of said topic. Yes you have the right to vent and we have the right to challenge said vent. If you just wanna scream that you hate something without the input yell it out in the air or talk to your parents so they can say "its ok dearie" and give you a cookie...or a badly needed spanking

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you don't like it, how about you do it then"

or

"So you have completed the game? Link me your 10/10M progresso and your 2500 rating"

The first one is incredibly stupid because I do not need to be an expert at coding, programming or managing a company to realize I am not having fun playing a game. Also it is not my job to deliver the content.
    Imagine if you went to the store, tried on a dress, and told the clerk you didn't like it. Now imagine the clerk replying "Well if you don't like it, go and sew one yourself". Tell me you would be glad to receive that answer and I'll shut my mouth.

The second one is just plain obtuse. Different people have a different idea of endgame. Even in a singleplayer environment, completing a game does not have the same meaning for everyone. Is it when you kill the last boss? Is it when you defeat all secret bosses? Is it when you collect all 50 bonus stars? Is it when you get the platinum trophy?
    For me it depends on the enjoyment I take out of it. I consider complete my Dark Souls III file because I loved it enough to get the platinum. I consider complete my Borderlands 3 save because I hate that game and I sighed with relief after the last boss died. Haven't played it since.
    So then why should my enjoyment be measured by your playing standards? I can maybe understand if the complainer only does LFR, world quests and old content; in that case 1/3 of what they do in-game is not even current things. But what if someone raids heroic? Or completes +12/+13? Or got 2000 rbg rating? Do they really need to do the same thing but harder before being allowed to voice their opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    "You don't have to play it/buy it"

Always someone drops that turd on the conversation in the mistaken belief they are offering some unique and profound wisdom.
    Also seconded. It's just a naive response. It is true that some people love complaining for the sake of complaining (like those "I quit WoW!!" threads of old), but more often than not, people complain because they love the game and they want to enjoy it again. They will eventually leave if the game keeps failing their standards, but telling them off because the current patch isn't up to par in their minds is just mind-numbing.