Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, I'm not the guy using the government to force things, that's you.

the offer is more liberty, more freedom to spend your own money, and less government intervention.

You clearly despise those things.
    Is that really all you've got?

I ask you to just explain why we should agree with what you want, in a concrete and objective manner, and you resort to empty slander and lies?

Keep digging that hole. Sorry you didn't want the ladder out I offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Ok. You're willing to capitalize on the pain and suffering of others. Not really shocked by this. Did you buy some of that depressed Flint property? We know they're going to get fresh new plumbing.
    Nah, just bought a couple houses. One was an older person who simply wanted to sell their rental home, and the other was someone selling property to cover the second mortgage on their primary residence.

capitalism is fucking awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is that really all you've got?

I ask you to just explain why we should agree with what you want, in a concrete and objective manner, and you resort to empty slander and lies?

Keep digging that hole. Sorry you didn't want the ladder out I offered.
    Liberty and more money in your pocket... yep, that's it.

Why do you hate the idea of both?

10+ Year Old Account
    If more individuals, who fear mongered the national debt, put their money where their mouth is... the debt would be smaller. But... for some reason... ya’ll are unwilling to pay addition taxes, to match your portion of the deficit. You get to eat your cake, by enjoying lower taxes than our spending, while also having it, by complaining how you as an individual are oppressed by the debt that you don’t pay.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberty and more money in your pocket... yep, that's it.

Why do you hate the idea of both?
    I don't.

I fundamentally disagree that what you propose would produce either. That's why I'm asking you to explain yourself.

Edit: Or, perhaps I should clarify; I'm not interested in my pocket. I'm interested in our collective pockets, as a nation. Making myself rich at the expense of my fellow citizens is not something I see as "pro-liberty".

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If more individuals, who fear mongered the national debt, put their money where their mouth is... the debt would be smaller. But... for some reason... ya’ll are unwilling to pay addition taxes, to match your portion of the deficit. You get to eat your cake, by enjoying lower taxes than our spending, while also having it, by complaining how you as an individual are oppressed by the debt that you don’t pay.
    let me know when they can balance a budget first. Otherwise, you're just pissing more money away into the hands of authoritarian asshats who want to force their grandchildren to pay for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't.

I fundamentally disagree that what you propose would produce either. That's why I'm asking you to explain yourself.
    That's the offer, you turned it down.

Sorry, you had the choice, and chose against liberty and more money in your pocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the offer, you turned it down.

Sorry, you had the choice, and chose against liberty and more money in your pocket.
    What part of asking you to explain how it would produce the outcomes you claim is me "turning it down"?

You seriously can't explain yourself, at all, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    let me know when they can balance a budget first. Otherwise, you're just pissing more money away into the hands of authoritarian asshats who want to force their grandchildren to pay for everything.
    Really? You are going to play the victim of national debt, while benefiting from the deficit... until they force you to pay more taxes by balancing the budget? Are you serious? lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

What part of asking you to explain how it would produce the outcomes you claim is me "turning it down"?

Do I need to explain what lowering the tax burden means?

If so, then we have a real serious problem.

Well, let's do it the easy way.

1) The government lowers taxes, therefore requiring you to give less of your income in taxes.

2) You pay less in taxes, so have more of your own money to spend.

Holy shit, that's all the steps.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s all slogans...

Really? You are going to play the victim of national debt, while benefiting from the deficit... until they force you to pay more taxes by balancing the budget? Are you serious? lol
    Let's lower spending, as I've been saying.

Welcome to the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because you are also arguing that your taxes being too low, is a burden on future generations.

1) The government lowers taxes, therefore requiring you to give less of your income in taxes.

No, you forgot one and the conclusion...

3) ???
    —————-
    Victory!!!

the offer is more liberty, more freedom to spend your own money, and less government intervention.

You clearly despise those things.
    Where is the government crippling you? I mean we all get that you'll never fully recover from the Tennessee whiskey regulation, but you're arguing as if there's 1000's and 1000's of unneeded regulations that are crushing businesses to death.

What are they?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Nah, just bought a couple houses. One was an older person who simply wanted to sell their rental home, and the other was someone selling property to cover the second mortgage on their primary residence.

capitalism is fucking awesome.
    All I see is someone complaining about the problem and then tries to make money off the same problem. Again, no one is shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He can, but if you go all the way to his conclusion you discover he doesn’t actually want any government. And he hates what that actually makes him.
    Are you back to calling me an anarchist?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because you are also arguing that your taxes being too low, is a burden on future generations.

No, you forgot one and the conclusion...

3) ???
    —————-
    Victory!!!
    Nope, cut spending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Where is the government crippling you? I mean we all get that you'll never fully recover from the Tennessee whiskey regulation, but you're arguing as if there's 1000's and 1000's of unneeded regulations that are crushing businesses to death.

What are they?
    That has been explained. This is about more individual liberty.

10+ Year Old Account

If so, then we have a real serious problem.
    I know what it means.

I'm asking you to defend why you'd think it's better for everyone that we do so. So far, when I do, you just start insulting me for daring to ask.

Except now I have to consider all the programs I'm no longer benefiting from, or which are doing less to protect other citizens, as a result of your choice to reduce spending. Most of which are more cost-effective than any private alternative, to boot.

So I'm really not seeing the advantage, here. "More money in my wallet" is not a freebie. It comes at an identifiable cost, both directly and indirectly.

I know, silly me, actually giving a shit about my fellow citizens and their welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    All I see is someone complaining about the problem and then tries to make money off the same problem. Again, no one is shocked.
    If people are going to make stupid choices, I have no problem using it to my advantage. This is especially the case when they were warned for years about those stupid choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Corporatist. Please keep up. You want corporations to own our lives with zero government oversight.
    So, do I, or do I not want government?

- - - Updated - - -

I know what it means.

I'm asking you to defend why you'd think it's better for everyone that we do so. So far, when I do, you just start insulting me for daring to ask.

Except now I have to consider all the programs I'm no longer benefiting from, or which are doing less to protect other citizens, as a result of your choice to reduce spending. Most of which are more cost-effective than any private alternative, to boot.

So I'm really not seeing the advantage, here. "More money in my wallet" is not a freebie. It comes at an identifiable cost, both directly and indirectly.

I know, silly me, actually giving a shit about my fellow citizens and their welfare.
    I literally already explained it... more money, and more personal liberty.

Your hatred of those things is noted.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really not that complicated, just go by what I said, and not what you wished I had said. Nope. They get the same amount of money to spend for 5 straight years. The exact same dollar amount.
    So that's a decrease then. The exact same amount will not buy the exact same stuff after even one year.

All of the revenue corporations will lose thanks to your brilliant idea will be very happy they have to take up the tab. How are you factoring in increased or decreased tax revenue? I mean an increase would probably go to paying off the debt, what happens when tax revenue decreases?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally already explained it... more money, and more personal liberty.

Your hatred of those things is noted.
    You stated it by fiat.

I dispute that reducing the tax burden even produces those outcomes at all. You consistently ignore what that tax burden actually pays for.

This is why I asked earlier about what particular programs you felt should get cut down, specifically. A question you found so offensive of me to ask you resorted to similar insults in response. You really don't want to explain any of the details at all, do you? I'm not sure why you find that such a threat.

I was even willing to agree that some spending cuts, in certain areas, could absolutely make sense. But apparently, no, you just want to avoid any kind of detail or nuance, and insult anyone who tries to get into that with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So that's a decrease then. The exact same amount will not buy the exact same stuff after even one year.

All of the revenue corporations will lose thanks to your brilliant idea will be very happy they have to take up the tab. How are you factoring in increased or decreased tax revenue? I mean an increase would probably go to paying off the debt, what happens when tax revenue decreases?
    No, it's a decrease in purchasing power, not a decrease in actual spending.

f tax levels remain the same, then the only real reason for revenue to decrease, would be in a recession. And, over time, you see that GDP and revenues increase.

If people are going to make stupid choices, I have no problem using it to my advantage. This is especially the case when they were warned for years about those stupid choices.
    I wouldn't. Because I'm not an immoral sack of shit.

Then again I'm the guy who imports products from another country but refuses to use the fluctuating exchange rate as a means to make more money. I'm not out to bleed everyone dry.