Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    My only two quibbles are that the new Cap suit looks uncomfortable, especially around the neck,
    I think it's a bit "busy", visually, but I can't fault them, because they're doing their damndest to replicate this look, AFAIK;

I believe that art came out back around 2016 or so, and while Sam's suit in the show isn't identical, there's some clear similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What an utter shitshow. This is the new marvel? Whelp, good luck with that.
    Marvel died with Thanos. Now it's all about racism, feminism, alphabet people and other politics. And to be honest it wasn't all that great to begin with.

Disney f*cking over another franchise after Star Wars. If they keep this record up their streaming service might even collapse eventually.

Bringing up forbidden topics isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-04-24 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Marvel died with Thanos. Now it's all about racism, feminism, alphabet people and other politics. And to be honest it wasn't all that great to begin with.

Disney f*cking over another franchise after Star Wars. If they keep this record up their streaming service might even collapse eventually.
    Delicious.

Nice appetizer while I wait for Loki to debut.

(yes, the new Star Wars trilogy is trash, but not because of anything you listed here)

Karli was a boring villain and the only bad character, glad they killed her off. Love Black Captain America, Bisexual Bucky Barnes, and Anti-Hero U.S Agent.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think it's a bit "busy", visually, but I can't fault them, because they're doing their damndest to replicate this look, AFAIK;

I believe that art came out back around 2016 or so, and while Sam's suit in the show isn't identical, there's some clear similarities.
    Oh absolutely, and I applaud them for the accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Did the final have a sky beam?
    I don't think there's been a skybeam since AoU. That gotcha is more cliché than the actual clichés are. Same with "quippy dialogue" that's about 5-10% quips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I don't think there's been a skybeam since AoU. That gotcha is more cliché than the actual clichés are. Same with "quippy dialogue" that's about 5-10% quips.
    Wandavision had a sky beam so wrong lil guy

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked both WV and TFATWS but Loki seems like it's gonna be the best of the bunch yet.

While listening around on youtube I heard so many people say it makes no sense that Bucky and Sam would let John Walker tag along, because he murdered a guy and tried to murder them. I mean... they also worked with Zemo, so why is that even a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bucky tried to murder Sam too... people are stupid.
    Yea, and also killed lots of people. I mean, it's not really comparable, because of the mindcontrol, but still... to Sam it didn't really make much difference back in WS and CW and he still worked with him, however reluctantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    While listening around on youtube I heard so many people say it makes no sense that Bucky and Sam would let John Walker tag along, because he murdered a guy and tried to murder them. I mean... they also worked with Zemo, so why is that even a question?
    The more relevant factor is that Walker showed up and saved a bunch of people in that moment. He's making an effort. They even gave the audience a solid moment to see Walker choose between being heroic or pursuing his personal vendetta, and choosing to be a hero.

He was drummed out of the military and stripped of his awards over what he did. He's already been punished, and he's walking around as a free man. Bucky knows all about second chances, and Sam's come around on the subject due to Bucky. As long as Walker stays on the straight and narrow, they'll put up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Karli was a boring villain and the only bad character, glad they killed her off. Love Black Captain America, Bisexual Bucky Barnes, and Anti-Hero U.S Agent.
    Hey, where exactly did they confirm Bucky being bi? Is it the tiger thing?

The more relevant factor is that Walker showed up and saved a bunch of people in that moment. He's making an effort. They even gave the audience a solid moment to see Walker choose between being heroic or pursuing his personal vendetta, and choosing to be a hero.

He was drummed out of the military and stripped of his awards over what he did. He's already been punished, and he's walking around as a free man. Bucky knows all about second chances, and Sam's come around on the subject due to Bucky. As long as Walker stays on the straight and narrow, they'll put up with him.
    I loved the line they walked with Walker. I think it'll work nicely as he becomes one of the main members of the Dark Avengers, which Val is recruiting (at least that's my take I don't think she's Madame Hydra, but rather a representative of Shady Government Agency No. 342, or SHIELD or SWORD or something).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I don't think she's Madame Hydra, but rather a representative of Shady Government Agency No. 342, or SHIELD or SWORD or something).
    And by any other name . . . Hydra.

Seriously, let's recall that Hydra basically ran the US government. They failed to seize overt power, after controlling it from the shadows for decades, but it's trivial to connect any "shady government agency" to "yeah, totally Hydra".

I thought his scenes were really done very good in the last episode. It showed his struggle, he saved the hostages instead of going after Karli, he listened intently to Sam's speech and for once not made an effort to make himself be the most important person on the scene, he even seemed a little awkward while the three of them were surrounded by the fog and Sam and Bucky got ready to hunt Karli, mostly kept his mouth shut and did things the way they wanted them done. It was great.
    I don't think he has a full redemption yet, because he still falls for people who give him a purpose and a cause and a new costume and still seems too keen on patting people on the shoulder (like Bucky after they arrest the Flagsmashers), but damn his joy at having a new path forward was so pure that I felt that and almost immediately felt sorry for him again, because I don't think the Comtessa is doing anything but manipulating him. But at least for now he's on a good path.

But what keeps getting to me is people nagging on and on in their videos about 'this makes no sense' or 'that needs to be adressed!' when seeing stuff that has always been the same way and suddenly it's something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’d honestly be more worried about the mind controlled person than someone fighting for a cause. See how the Maximoff twins flipped in AoU vs what it took to reach Bucky.
    I didn't mean to say it was somehow easier to redeem Bucky, just that everyone could always point to Bucky being mindcontrolled and therefore being worthy of redemption, whereas in the other cases of Zemo and Walker they chose to do what they did, which makes it easier for most people to condemn them.
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2021-04-24 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wandavision had a sky beam so wrong lil guy
    Yeah, I can parrot HonestTrailers too. Calling it one is charitable at best. That trope typically follows when you're dealing with some kind of generic bad guy attempting to do Doomsday Plot #87 by way of MacGuffin. Loki, Ultron, Enchantress, etc.

Having a shiny beam that's a brief aesthetic choice to something unrelated attached to a character already associated to beam-y imagery for decades is stretching it.

But I mean...every single post by you has been threadshitting. Nothing can possibly be serviceable if it's popular.

Just saw it. I have to say, I'm a little underwhelmed. The Truth was by far the best episode of the series. The action in the finale was choppy and kind of lame and underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, Sam fighting the helicopter was cool and all but his fight with Sharon's spy was lame and horribly-edited.

Karlie was annoying to the end. Very. Annoying. "Fight me! Get up!" So very cliched. Then about to kill Sam, and apologizes when dying in his arms? I'm playing the world's smallest violin. You don't care about dying for your cause, but when your own mortality sinks in, forsake all your pride and idealisms and just repent.

Why does Walker get to walk around helping? Is it because he's helping beat up the bad guys?

The highlight was the end with Isaiah Bradley in the Captain America museum. That almost made me tear up.

The whole Sharon being power broker bit is not one bit interesting to me. Ooooh, black suit US Agent! Contessa or Madam Hydra or whoever she is, I don't care. Give me some big guns. Can't wait to see Dr. Doom and Magneto in the MCU so I can pretend to stop caring about Marvel's holdover C-list villains from Phases 1-3 before they get to the good stuff because this just reminded me of how corny Marvel is outside of Spider-man and X-Men. Don't get me wrong, they're still the best at adapting comic book properties, but man, their characters are booooring.

Bucky's end was great too. Rushed, but there was really no other way of executing that in the time span they had.

Honestly, didn't care for it as much as I did Wandavision. Liked it and all, but it was one of the weakest MCU offerings to me since Thor 2.

I watch superhero movies to see outlandish superpowers and stuff. Sam as Cap has a great commentary and all, but it's not Steve Rogers pulling a flying helicopter back towards the helipad. It's not Thor appearing in Wakanda through a bridge of light and hurling a giant lightning axe through waves of enemies.

It's the same problem that War Machine and Hawkeye have - He's just a dude. The stakes are automatically lowered because he's NOT a "super" hero. Thanos snaps this dude figuratively AND literally. And yes, I get that's why the commentary works, and it's important he's not "super" for the story beats - but it's just not scratching the itch the rest of the MCU did.

I always found Falcon lame for that reason. I'm aware this is a very personal preference.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 2021-04-24 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    It's not Thor appearing in Wakanda through a bridge of light
    Careful, vertically oriented light particles immediately lower the quality of something by 5000%, even if they're on-screen for a whole 10 seconds.

It has been determined. By science. Marvel Studios better cut all desk lamps out of their content, because apparently they are automatically "skybeams."

Horizontal beams are fine, though.

/s

(Completely understand your post's POV, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Careful, vertically oriented light particles immediately lower the quality of something by 5000%, even if they're on-screen for a whole 10 seconds.

It has been determined. By science. Marvel Studios better cut all desk lamps out of their content, because apparently they are automatically "skybeams."

Horizontal beams are fine, though.

/s

(Completely understand your post's POV, though)
    come on lighten up, Its disney. They are smashing it. If you cant have a laugh at the big dogs who can you have a laugh at.