Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Noone is upset about the mount/pet... its the BOOST, which is totally contradictory to LITERALLY EVERYTHING Classic WoW was, that is the problem. The mount is just a visible symbol to people that advertise you are part of the problem.
    lots of people are mad about the mount/pet, LOTS of people...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I guess my server isnt full of jealous losers. ive been hanging around in org on my lizard mount for days and no one has said shit.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Victim blaming at its finest.
    What victim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Any anti cash shop "activism" that targets the players instead of Blizzard Activision is pointless and damaging to the community. It only serves to drive a wedge between players instead of putting the responsibility where it belongs, which is the company.

Any similarities to how systems that pit us against each other rather than push against them together are entirely coincidental.
    Not just that but it very demonstrably does not work. Speaking as someone who's generally against putting mounts, pets, and what-have-you that should be obtainable through ingame effort on the cash shop, people have been sperging out like this since the days of the Celestial Steed. It hasn't worked, and you'd have to be incapable of learning through experience to think doing something as petty as a spit macro will get people to stop it over a decade later.

As I said a few pages ago, people seem permanently arrested at 16 on both sides of this argument. A random /spit macro isn't harassment regardless of how badly it hurts one's feelings, and /spitting on players doesn't accomplish anything but allowing for armchair activists who haven't touched grass since the Obama presidency to feel like they've accomplished their part of a noble crusade.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Didn't buy a boost, nor Deluxe edition, so i don't have to care about it.
    Except the people who are allowed to be shitty towards the Deluxers ( you can't spot boosters anyway ) are going to be shitty towards others as well. When you give someone a pass to be a dick they'll keep being a dick and want more passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    then maybe Blizzard should ban/spit... and any other offencive /emote like /slap, /punch, /wrath, and the other 20 odd ones that could be deemed as 'harassment'. Fuck it let's just get rid of emotes, since any of them could be classed at harassment on a whim.

I mean good lord, unless the emote is followed with 'actual' in game harassment like name calling or doxing, or threating ones life, then I don't see the issue, and even then the emote seems the lesser of those mentioned.
    Don't be silly, no one is asking for that. It's not even what I am debating here. And no, I don't see the issue either. But /spit is not the same as /hello. In any social way(except, like I mentioned earlier, within the Wachati Tribe)

A hello would not be seen as harassment. THOSE souls that do, man those we should bless. Hope you are with me on that. I'll make a non-profit organization without any microtransaction to support them.

Fuck sake, I get your point, please get my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Don't be silly, no one is asking for that. It's not even what I am debating here. And no, I don't see the issue either. But /spit is not the same as /hello. In any social way(except, like I mentioned earlier, within the Wachati Tribe)
    Doffen! I did not know you spoke Wachutu!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yep, cause said people also pay up to play Blizzard's game while hating everything the company stands for, it seems like.

People who hate microtransactions and everything else micro something, vote with the wallet, don't let those who want what Blizzard offers them pay for the anger.
    Or try to put the pressure on Blizzard, not divert it into the playerbase. Which beyond being toxic as a community, is meaningless in terms of effecting any real change.

Harass Blizzard, not the Players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Not just that but it very demonstrably does not work. Speaking as someone who's generally against putting mounts, pets, and what-have-you that should be obtainable through ingame effort on the cash shop, people have been sperging out like this since the days of the Celestial Steed. It hasn't worked, and you'd have to be incapable of learning through experience to think doing something as petty as a spit macro will get people to stop it over a decade later.

As I said a few pages ago, people seem permanently arrested at 16 on both sides of this argument. A random /spit macro isn't harassment regardless of how badly it hurts one's feelings, and /spitting on players doesn't accomplish anything but allowing for armchair activists who haven't touched grass since the Obama presidency to feel like they've accomplished their part of a noble crusade.
    Exactly, I literally mean that when I say pointless, it just doesn't work. You are not putting any pressure on Blizzard itself by their bad practices, you are just damaging the community.

We might disagree on what constitutes actual harassment, but the important fact here is that the level of toxicity only damages and splits the community, and you have to be pretty dense to not realize that a divided community is even more susceptible to be taken advantage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I understand completely the thought process behind it; what I don't understand is why this is the line in the sand that players are choosing to create. "Some capitalism in my game is fine but not that capitalism," is one of the least intellectually potent arguments I've ever seen.
    I think it's more where the monetization is, rather than the fact there was monetization in and of itself. A few people have already pointed out that there were cosmetics and mounts being sold through the TCG during the original TBC and, with the exception of the boost, all of the content provided from the Deluxe Edition is inline with that; however, it seems to me that the problem isn't actually with what is being given out. When people attack others for having the mount, the mount is really just the indicator that someone has bought into the new monetization scheme. What people are really annoyed by is that there is monetization on TBC Classic servers at all, and most people don't actually seem to care that much about the aftereffects (with the exception of boosties making PvP a little bit worse by flooding BGs, such as AV exp farmers). Many people had the perception that Classic would not be heavily monetized and are concerned that Blizzard is trying to open the door to further monetization of Classic, as while the Dark Portal Pass and Deluxe Editions are not bad, the Classic character copy is, frankly, a little predatory as many people will obviously want to keep copies of their characters in Classic. I'm not saying it's necessarily rational given the history of the TCG, but if Blizzard had restricted cosmetic items to retail and lowered the price of the Deluxe Edition and Dark Portal Pass, players probably wouldn't have cared.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account

A hello would not be seen as harassment. THOSE souls that do, man those we should bless. Hope you are with me on that. I'll make a non-profit organization without any microtransaction to support them.

Fuck sake, I get your point, please get my point.
    Yes, okay I'll bow, from a basic point of view, /spit and /hello are two different things in what they are, one is an emote to say hi the other is to spit. Yes they are very different I can agree with you there.

But I see emotes as emote, and harassment as something a bit more serious. I am really just getting down to the point of the '/spit being classed as harassment' conversation over actual harassment. Sorry if you felt targeted by me, I do know what you were getting at.

Also I do not really care about the microtransactions I couldn't give a rats bottom about the mount or the boost. I unsubbed back in January Blizzard can do what they want at this point lol :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-30 at 08:50 PM.

actually this thread is big KEKW
    and it shows why blizzard and wow sucks
    people are just delusional or plain stupid if they think boosts are actually worth that much
    so why bother making something good if people will eat shit on a plate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!
    Holy crap, people in the game actually listened to me. I wonder if there's an addon that does it? I wouldn't want to macro it to every action.
    For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious?
    People buying cash shop items are ruining the TBC experience. Keep that crap on retail where it belongs.
    Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated.
    Using /spit and telling them are bad for buying stuff in the game doesn't break any TOS.
    You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?
    I think so, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Deal with it, it was part of the package.
    You get what you paid for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Puzzles me too: Race change, server transfers...all fine. Actually I don't think I ever read THAT much shit about boosts in retail (because, hey...it lets you catch up with your friends).
    It's almost like the Classic and Retail communities have differences in what they consider acceptable forms of monetization and you are intentionally not understanding there is a difference and try to conflate the two.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nah,the issue is that people didn't harass those who bought store pets and store helmets enough back when it started.

This stuff should have been scoured from the start
    Modern solutions needed past actions. If only the community stepped in before it got out of control. Now I'm hearing about a WoW TBC token. Are you serious Blizzard? The TBC economy wasn't designed for this and you want to bring the very stuff that people hate from retail into TBC? I don't know why I left private servers to come back to this. Waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It's almost like the Classic and Retail communities have differences in what they consider acceptable forms of monetization and you are intentionally not understanding there is a difference and try to conflate the two.
    Nah those are the same shitbags.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Except the people who are allowed to be shitty towards the Deluxers ( you can't spot boosters anyway ) are going to be shitty towards others as well.
    No, those people have specific reasons why they act towards those people.
    Might come as a surprise to you, but simply because someone acts like a dick towards a certain group, doesn't mean they're in virtually any situation an asshole.

And even if they do, i don't care, i'm not a white knight, i don't care whether some people act like an asshole towards a certain group that frankly violates the spirit of the game or just because they are just an asshole.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-30 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    This is exactly right, The classic community is smart enough to see the short sighted cash grab community destroying strategy that Blizzard is implementing for what it is. Although having a deluxe edition mount is not what I would consider high on that damage scale, it is part of the slide along with game tokens, boosts and other idiotic changes that push the loyalty of the player base lower and lower until they finally leave the game like so many have in retail.

Blizzard has been cashing out the loyalty built up from the early years because they are no longer capable of creating loyalty building game experiences in retail. They continue doubling down on community destroying strategies and soul sucking grinds while trying to make up for it with gameplay that is good but will never be good enough.

I'm sure people have already pointed this out, but harassment is a bannable offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I setup weakauras to /spit warp stalker users?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well you are basically ruining the game for others with your "p2w" stuff (boosted characters, profession alts in tbc etc) just use your real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns.

Ever played a bg these days with all the boosted andies? Yeah much fun to play with even worse people than before. Being able to skip the ~60 hours leveling is just bad and shouldnt even exist. The mount is a big eyesore and feels out of place in tbc.

Your purchase will bring more bad stuff into the shop in the future too. Soon we will get the wow classic token. People who buy the level boost will also probably want to buy gold (and they already do) which will lead to even more bots, thank you!
    Which is good. Nothing wrong with the token, faction change, race change, level boost etc. Stop gatekeeping others.