Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Because I simply know more than you do. We'll just leave it at that.

While I agree devs seem to purposefully underdeliver and disappoint, this is still the direction that will be taken. People want dragons, fantasy, magic. They're done with this cosmology nonsense. But unfortunately I don't think Dragon Isles would save them from it at all.

Still, people are excited for dragons. Blizz said they want dragons to have a return in an interview not that long ago. Signs are pointing to the Dragon Isles as well. It doesn't matter if you want it or not. There's a larger reason as to why people are discussing it than "because they want it".
    and thank you for show casing how clueless people are here... "I know more than you", "Larger reason", "Blank Canvas"... Got it, no one has a freaking clue more than hopes it would be about dragons on with hidden magic that dragons dont want to reveal, and some temples dedicated to the old gods.

Im out of here, got what the answer i was after. Thanks once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the same way they do with nightbornes, they take the model and textures and adapt
    But, Nightborne were created with armor in mind.

Life can be an enemy, but using the botani could be a waste because their potential as playable race, a driad/plantlike race is something very unique even in the RPG standards.
    An antagonistic race cannot become playable?

half-dragon as a draconic race, not necesarry as a race breed
    Why not fully dragon? or, do you mean half-dragon half-humanoid?

Again, that is simple not true and based around bias.
    WoD taught us that. Look at their Lords of War backgrounds. They don't need to be manipulated by Gul'dan or Garrosh to be brutal. That's the nature of the inhabitants of the planet.

Time is different from shadowlands, it can work in multiple ways, they can merely say now changed.

Saying "it worked the other way around" is jsut a dumb thing to do wasting a easily timeskip mechanic that would fix the lore.

basically we will do ton of shit there and we will be back in the same shit world pos-bfa, same shit leaders, same shit character, the same lack of characters and plots and they will ave to once again, spin then to make something and it will be lackluster and bad like bfa was.
    I didn't come up with this. The missed opportunity is not on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I mean they built entire expansions around wrathion fighting the burning legion only to forget he existed in legion..
    Wrathion was meant to play a part in Legion. He was meant to play a major role in Highmountain. Then they were reminded that he's not ancient and we literally saw him being born 5 years prior, so they made up Ebonhorn and shoved Wrathion back into his lore hole until they made up a reason for him to appear in 8.3 instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    and thank you for show casing how clueless people are here... "I know more than you", "Larger reason", "Blank Canvas"... Got it, no one has a freaking clue more than hopes it would be about dragons on with hidden magic that dragons dont want to reveal, and some temples dedicated to the old gods.

Im out of here, got what the answer i was after. Thanks once again.
    I mean, I do know more than you lmao. Seriously, quote me. 10.0 Dragon Isles.

Make this post your banner until you're proven wrong by the time Blizz is ready to announce.

This isn't me being snide or anything. No matter how much you take it to your ego. This is just me stating a fact that I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I kind of hope they forget about yrel to be honest... Religious order turns out to actually be evil is such a beaten to death trope these days...after the eye rolling journey of slyvannas I would like a more traditional villian.
    I couldn't agree more. This trope needs to take a break for a good decade. But don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    I can get behind the idea that the Infinite dragonflight found a bigger threat to align Azerothian forces together with.

But I think the Dragon Isles would be reduced to a patch like Nazjatar and Nyalotha.
    Unfortunately I think the same

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I doubt the reveal cinematic and the concept art are in any way related to the Jailer's 'true' appearance. It's just an old iteration that stood in for the real Jailer because the art team wasn't done with, or decided on a last minute change to the appearance of the Jailer. Obviously they started out with a 'Necromancer King' look for the Jailer but decided to go with more of a Darkseid/Thanos look instead. Then, Primus got the Necromancer King aesthetic to himself.

That leaked art is without a doubt Zovaal's true form. He was stripped from his powers and sent to the maw. Once he recovers what was taken he'll look like the concept art. What else could the encrypted jailor model be???

His current form is just a weakened form just like the runecarver, once get gets his sigil back he'll look like his old self just like the primus did.

He has a gaping hole in his chest and covered in prisoner gear. it's beyond obvious just as it was obviouse the runecarver was the primus.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-07 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    That leaked art is without a doubt Zovaal's true form. He was stripped from his powers and sent to the maw. Once he recovers what was taken he'll look like the concept art. What else could the encrypted jailor model be???

His current form is just a weakened form just like the runecarver, once get gets his sigil back he'll look like his old self just like the primus did.

He has a gaping hole in his chest and covered in prisoner gear. it's beyond obvious just as it was obviouse the runecarver was the primus.
    Bold prediction friend, not one that I'd make based on a single piece of concept art but it won't be long until we find out

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont want yrel to die she is the only good looking draenei lore character we have.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    There'd be no direct time travel for us, Murozond would summon them to our MU timeline, present day.
    That's not what I mean.

If alternate Draenor existed Present Day minus 30 years, then it stands to reason that that Draenor still exists.
    That Yrel would also potentially exist. The same Yrel, but having spent the last 30 years doing her thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That's not what I mean.

If alternate Draenor existed Present Day minus 30 years, then it stands to reason that that Draenor still exists.
    That Yrel would also potentially exist. The same Yrel, but having spent the last 30 years doing her thing.
    That sounds like a mess. You're not essentially saying that now there'd be two Yrels in top of regular Yrel being an AU draenor character.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Bold prediction friend, not one that I'd make based on a single piece of concept art but it won't be long until we find out
    Concept art that matches the figure behind sylvanas and the fact there's a encrypted model of the jailor in the ptr. You can't look at the current jailor and not say the dude is missing something. It's just like the runecarver turning into the primus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Can you provide data and links on how it isn't?

What the fuck kind of argument is that lmao? I apologize my theory pissed you off so much, good lord.
    Burden of evidence is on you. You claim that many people are believing this. Yet have to provide any evidence.

But it's the usual, fanfiction stated as fact. And then claims blizzard sucks at lore. The irony is strong.

And I'm not mad, I'm just cu4ious how you made this leap of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Yea, but the raid could take place inside him with us fighting his organs one by one until we get to his brain where we use an inception strategy to make him our mount.
    Guild mount confirmed.
    Not a mount for the guild.
    A mount that carries the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Burden of evidence is on you. You claim that many people are believing this. Yet have to provide any evidence.

But it's the usual, fanfiction stated as fact. And then claims blizzard sucks at lore. The irony is strong.

And I'm not mad, I'm just cu4ious how you made this leap of logic.
    Nobody stated it as fact? Nor did I say everybody thinks this? What?

Only one leaping is you. You're also pissed off, don't lie. Why else would you come here tossing shit around over theories about Galakrond. Sad

Why do we need 2 old people with white beards that look alike? (Primus and Jailer concept)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    But, Nightborne were created with armor in mind.
    and...? they could not wear armor even if they had on the original models, thats why you adapt.

Botani are literally humanoids using night elf skeleton, they can just adapt to use armor., there is no "created in armor in mind", humanoids by being humanoids can use armor just fine.

An antagonistic race cannot become playable?
    Most of the times not without a retcon or a change like Draenei, and Blizzard is hellbound in doing lackluster things these days, so i believe is one or another.

Why not fully dragon? or, do you mean half-dragon half-humanoid?
    Because dragons are gigantic? and would not work as a race?

the thing is how they will do that kind of race, they can go in the route of "those are descendant of dragons and a race of their own" like basically dragonborn from D&D or do with the material we have, Drakonid by example are humanoids who turn into dragon-like races, the humanoids could spend eyars with dragons and be affected by their magic or simple perform rituals with dragon magic and turn with drakonids.

The dragonmaw clan in outland does literally that, there is orcs whowith dragon magic turn themselves into drakonid, Zuluhead by example, prior chieftain of the clan, can turn back and forth into a netherdrakonid form.

In azeroth, Dragonmaw clan use different types of dragons on their ranks, and use the dragon magic deeply, they even threat wounds with dragonblood, so, putting dragon magic on their own veins, if you see their models, they are a strange gray and have glowing yellow eyes, prob showing the dragon magic influence, it would be perfect to turn the whole clan into a draconic race.

The race would basically be like worgens, human->worgen, but orc->drakonid.

WoD taught us that. Look at their Lords of War backgrounds. They don't need to be manipulated by Gul'dan or Garrosh to be brutal. That's the nature of the inhabitants of the planet.
    Then you didn't played wod, or learn wrong, even going as simple show how the laughing skull clan was not "evil" and sided with us.

Being "brutal" is different from being evil, which is the main false point.

I didn't come up with this. The missed opportunity is not on me.
    i know that, im just pointing there was a missing opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and...? they could not wear armor even if they had on the original models, thats why you adapt.

Botani are literally humanoids using night elf skeleton, they can just adapt to use armor., there is no "created in armor in mind", humanoids by being humanoids can use armor just fine.
    Hmmm... think of that like Fel Orc's tusks and spikes. It would kind of protrude from the armor.

Yet, if Guild Wars managed to make plant people (Sylvar) wear armor, i guess Blizzard can too.

Most of the times not without a retcon or a change like Draenei, and Blizzard is hellbound in doing lackluster things these days, so i believe is one or another.
    *Looking at Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Goblins, Dark Iron Dwarves and Worgen.

Because dragons are gigantic? and would not work as a race?

the thing is how they will do that kind of race, they can go in the route of "those are descendant of dragons and a race of their own" like basically dragonborn from D&D or do with the material we have, Drakonid by example are humanoids who turn into dragon-like races, the humanoids could spend eyars with dragons and be affected by their magic or simple perform rituals with dragon magic and turn with drakonids.

The dragonmaw clan in outland does literally that, there is orcs whowith dragon magic turn themselves into drakonid, Zuluhead by example, prior chieftain of the clan, can turn back and forth into a netherdrakonid form.

In azeroth, Dragonmaw clan use different types of dragons on their ranks, and use the dragon magic deeply, they even threat wounds with dragonblood, so, putting dragon magic on their own veins, if you see their models, they are a strange gray and have glowing yellow eyes, prob showing the dragon magic influence, it would be perfect to turn the whole clan into a draconic race.

The race would basically be like worgens, human->worgen, but orc->drakonid.
    Oh, i thought you meant half-dragon half-orc hybrids.
    Thing is:
    1. You can, already, play as a Dragonmaw Orc.
    2. I don't think Worgen transformation is rather fitting. Maybe for a vampiric race. But, Humanoids turning into full-on dragons is not like turning into a humanoid-dragon hybrid. There's no awe in it.
    3. What's wrong with the Dragonmen we have in game? which are experiments if i'm not mistaken:

"A dragonman is a type of dragonkin. Maloriak was a human kidnapped by Nefarian and fused with the corpse of a dragonspawn. The result was a bumbling minion who possessed only a dull of his former intelligence. Failed fusions are called aberrations and can be found in the Fleshrender's Workshop. Several of them appear as enemies in Island Expeditions, accompanying the black dragonflight.

It appears that the fusion process was a failed experiment by Nefarian to create loyal minions with their original intellect."

Just make it so that they are not failed experiments. That they are successful and retain their intelligence.

Then you didn't played wod, or learn wrong, even going as simple show how the laughing skull clan was not "evil" and sided with us.

Being "brutal" is different from being evil, which is the main false point.
    "Known for their violent and bloodthirsty nature, these orcs take great pride in their clan identity and have therefore refused to join the Iron Horde. With the Iron Horde trying to destroy the Laughing Skull clan, they have allied themselves with the Frostwolf clan and the Horde to fight their common enemy.

As the various clans of Draenor began uniting to begin their invasion of Azeroth, the Laughing Skulls rejected their offer, wishing to keep their freedom to kill whomever they wished. Following Horde [92] The Battle of Thunder Pass, the Frostwolf clan chieftain Durotan, his mate Draka, and the Horde commander make contact with the Laughing Skull shaman Kaz the Shrieker. After helping them with a goren invasion of their village, Kaz and her compatriots agree to an alliance with the Frostwolves, and by extension Vol'jin's Horde, against their common enemies."

Very noble and peaceful, indeed. -_-

Brutal is one aspect of evil.

i know that, im just pointing there was a missing opportunity.
    So is introducing Dark Rangers this expansion. Not that i don't support it. But, it seems that it's not the direction they are going.

Why? I'll tell you why.

Yrel is being groomed to be a light affiliated antagonist after the Mag'har recruitment scenario so it's wise to assume that she'll be a big player in the inevitable light / void expansion.
    You think so? She's in one intro scenario for the Mag'Har, something that the majority of the players never even played. That doesn't really scream "next big player" to me. Does she appear anywhere else in her light-corrupted form?

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    You think so? She's in one intro scenario for the Mag'Har, something that the majority of the players never even played. That doesn't really scream "next big player" to me. Does she appear anywhere else in her light-corrupted form?
    That's called setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's called setting up.
    But it's so obscure. I doubt many people even know about this. Mag'har are among the most unpopular allied races.
    That doesn't seem to be the way to set up your next Big Baddie.
    Thats like the MCU setting up Thanos by having him only appear in the incredibly Hulk movie.