Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    What do you guys get out of shilling for blizzard? I'd like to know.

They don't even know you exist.
    Its not about shilling for Blizzard, its about the stupidity and the misinformation.

The game has many flaws, undoubtedly they are fucking up all the time here and there, but its irrelevant, the raids are coming out, they are mostly bug free (You guys havent played buggy games if you think WoW has bugs) and as long as my friends are still playing to raid together, we are gonna keep doing that.

But what Blizzard does is just, not relevant as long as the raids come out, when the raids stop coming out, or we grow collectively too old to care, i will quit (again xD).

MMO-Champion has reached the same level an anti-vaxxer and flat earther groups are, full of people that create an echo chamber of stupidity in order to find similar opinions to validate their own irrelevancy.

And all these people have one thing in common, they never played the game at a level that their opinion should matter,

Yeah, sounds terrible i know, go figure , sport rules dont change because the kids that play for fun when they are 10 year old matter, they change when the professionals are having issues, the kids can still have fun, but there is a correct way to do things, and then there is eating sand .
    Last edited by potis; 2021-06-20 at 07:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    no one has the numbers. not even blizzard. because there is no way to conclusively tell why players have left over the years. the only way you can make an educated guess is to read all the feedback players have given over the years and this includes all the complaints on all platforms. so when taking all the complaints into account, you will find that the #1 complaint is mtx followed closely by dungeon finder (lfg is fine - teleporting to dungeons is not).

again, it's not about whether you like mtx or not it's about bringing paying customers back to the game so that Blizzard can continue to build great games and pump out content for WoW. that's really it.
    "No one has the numbers not even blizzard. Except me, and i will tell you #1 is MTX and #2 is dungeon finder!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    stop asking for sources when no one on planet earth could possibly be the source lol. the source is me, myself - which is ALWAYS the case when someone doesn't state their source right away on the internet. I can't argue with someone who hasn't put in the same amount of time. we are arguing the beauty of two different pictures.
    You cant say
    "facts show" and "If you look at X you will find" then say later "its just my opinion" if you make STATEMENTS instead of OPINIONS that shit is worthless.
    You cant say "fact's show" then follow that up with an opinion, facts do not show that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So while nearly every other game has gotten a significant boost during covid - wow managed to lose players.
    Is that why Classic servers were over-fucking-loaded during Q2 / Q3 of 2020, to the point where blizz had to bring back layering? Because WoW was "losing players" ?

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Retail is just a massive cash grab now with expansions that have less and less content each year.
    People that make this claim are either outright lying or don't think at all.

There isn't any less content in Shadowlands than the first patch of BFA. In fact, there is very clearly more content.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok - I'll only say it once in this thread:

It devalues character progression.
    No one that has any skill at the game gives a fuck about character progression before max level.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    >Content creator goes out of his way to support Blizzard for years and years on end despite the criticism even before getting a contract with blizzard. Keeps going the extra mile for several more years and tries to be positive despite everything

>Makes one sad video illustrating his melancholia regarding the current state of the game

>"lmao blizzard hater lol"
    More like "oh shit there's easy money to be made"
    *Jumps on band wagon*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread needs to settle down. It is already close to a "WoW is Dying/Dead" type thread right off the bat, but as it's a pretty topical issue I'm going to give just a little longer if the video can be discussed or debated reasonably and civilly. Any further combative broadsides or misbehavior and the thread will be closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Saying things like this just shows how ignorant you are.

Retail is bad because the GAME is bad, not because of optional vanity pets/mounts. Cash shop did not "kill WoW", the constant and consistent over-simplification of the game killed it.

Adding vanity pets/mounts to TBC will not make it "end up the same way as retail", because it's not retail, it's TBC

lmao
    You pulled just one my phrase (ignoring all others) and judge me on this phrase only. I've never ever told that cash shop only 'killed WoW', problem is way more complex than that. it is just an icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Muxtar; 2021-06-20 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    No one that has any skill at the game gives a fuck about character progression before max level.
    Yes, because you can simply buy it. That's the point. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "he has made nothing but positive videos in the past"
    thats a flat out fucking lie, do you even watch his content? its most of the time never fucking positive, its always joking about how buggy or broken things are, how unbalanced and annoying stuff in the game is, his diablol 2 videos are literally a massive complition of diablo 2's faults.
    of course he mixes that with comedy, but i know for a fact you dont watch his content if you think all his videos are "positive"
    You have a strange way at looking at things. His content is jokingly making fun of blizzards bugs but also in a fun kind of way. The Diablol stuff is some of his best work (imo), because its those bugs and faults what people remember usually in a nostalgic kinda way, it isn't from a place of bitterness or cruelty or malice, its from a place of love. Because its very clear the guy loves the games. Not all negativity it toxic, Blizzard themselves have made fun of the fact that their games are a buggy mess as far as back as Warcraft 3. Probably a reason why Blizzard keep hiring him because they know he means well, and you know what, they'll probably still hire him to do content for them, it's people like you blow everything out of proportion and treat any negativity as a violent personal attack. You got to start seeing things outside of your own perspective and understand those of others otherwise you come across as selfish (not saying you are)
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-06-20 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    What do you guys get out of shilling for blizzard? I'd like to know.

They don't even know you exist.
    It is called aggressive denial. When someone fanatically believes in something, he quickly starts attacking anyone who throws at least small shade onto the object of one's belief. Because it is hard to embrace the fact that you were wrong. And the longer belief, the harder denial is.

It's not Blizzard's fault you and your friends grew up and found other things instead of WoW.

Really the only different thing between Classic TBC and 2007 TBC is the stupid mount and the people. Blizz can't change the latter

1. that number is over the last 3 years, covid had only been going on 1 year
    2. blizzard is not wow, heres how you EASILY explain the loss of players.
    A. diablo 4 still far away, more and more peter off D3
    B. hearthstone had some major issues, lost a lot of players, but started to peter back
    C. they cancelled HOTS
    D. Starcraft 2 also cancelled production
    E. overwatch 2 still not out, delayed more seemingly, meaning overwatch 1 has not had an update for a LONG time.

those numbers of players lost is not all wow, its mostly these other games for obvious reasons. wow may have lost players or it may have grown.

overwatch could have gone from 10 million players to 0, and wow from 2 million to 8 million, yet company wide it would still be deemed a "2 million player loss" so for you to then say "lol wow lost 2 million players" would be dumb AF
    (All numbers are examples, as people love to throw out random numbers as "fact wow has this many subs")
    You have no idea right. Nothing but speculation. All we know for a fact is that they lost players, while all the competition gained players. A lot of players. Trying to find excuses for why the company failed is kinda silly.

He even puts in the video that the boost gets you to max level... The boost has never gotten you to max level. (Just before a new expansion drops, technically it is, but I wouldn't really call that max level speaking the expansion is literally over)
    Actually, you can buy a boost from Blizzard to 50 and then buy a boost from other players to 60. So yes, you can buy boosts from 1-60.

- - - Updated - - -

You can fix it by doing something like a social ilvl. If you manually form groups outside of LFR / dungeon finder and complete dungeons with people on your server, you get points. Earn enough points and you are eligible for loot drops next week. Fail to earn enough points and you can still run stuff next week but you get no loot.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea right. Nothing but speculation. All we know for a fact is that they lost players, while all the competition gained players. A lot of players. Trying to find excuses for why the company failed is kinda silly.
    we actually do know, total MUA have been falling while wow kept going up.
    Blizzard had 29 million MAUs in the fourth quarter, down from 30 million in Q3, and 32 million in Q1/Q2.
    World of Warcraft MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-Investor-Call
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    we actually do know, total MUA have been falling while wow kept going up.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-Investor-Call
    So they stopped reporting sub numbers cause they went downhill and since that point, the "MAU" is increasing. Hm, interesting. I wonder how these 2 metrics relate to each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    So they stopped reporting sub numbers cause they went downhill and since that point, the "MAU" is increasing. Hm, interesting. I wonder how these 2 metrics relate to each other.
    6 consecutive quarters is only a year and a half it wouldn't be any where near when they stopped reporting subs.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    6 consecutive quarters is only a year and a half it wouldn't be any where near when they stopped reporting subs.
    Wait, that's just classic right? What a joke. I'm reading way too much into this. xD

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's going for the easy cash grabs, can't hold it against Carbot after all the mount offers and money transactions blizz added to the game. Guess it's easier to blame the bad experience on that rather than the obvious: your friend quit and it's not easy making new ones when all you want is to just play one more game with your old pal.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, that's just classic right? What a joke. I'm reading way too much into this. xD
    no it would be a quarter before classic as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow, im all teary eyed lol. the luster i remember it. so much have changed. so many people have gone by the wayside. oh how the times change