Thread: Euro 2020

Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I've never seen such a slow moving penalty that still goes in. The keeper could have at least made an effort xD
    On first viewing I said to myself the keeper shit the bed committing to a side so early... not sure if he could have stood his ground a lil longer

Haha the announcer even said cheeky, and that pk sure was. Good win for the Italians.

Good match, but nothing spectacular apart from Italy's goal.

Spain made Italy look average at times, but were really lacking a striker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Morata better stay of internet and the retard hate storm.
    (although a really bad penalty shot)

----

Glad that the fun football won and not Spain pinball passes x amount of dull time.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Well Spain was a lot better than I thought they would be, they didn't let Italy dominate the ball. Spain is really amazing at keeping the ball but sadly they don't know what to do with it most of the time. Morata surely gave them another dimension in attack.

I'm glad we won't have a Spain-England final at least, that could have been alarmingly boring. Italy will most likely be able to press better against England (who got really technical players) which could make it difficult for the English.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed my ass off with Chiellini AHAHAHAHHAHAH. What a lad.

https://streamable.com/r33oti

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Italy hanging on, if you're Denmark or England you're probably thinking you'd rather play Italy based on this match. Intriguing game got a lot more fun in the last hour.
    I think both of those teams could handle Spain better by sitting back and counter. Italy is much more difficult to absorb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    I think both of those teams could handle Spain better by sitting back and counter. Italy is much more difficult to absorb.
    You can counter Italy by pressing high from the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Morata better stay of internet and the retard hate storm.
    (although a really bad penalty shot)

----

Glad that the fun football won and not Spain pinball passes x amount of dull time.
    Imagine being the reason you even got into the shout-out, and still receiving death threats because you love an Italian woman

Way too many idiots around this planet I swear

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    You can counter Italy by pressing high from the midfield.
    Ye because they’re so simple to counter they are undefeated in their last 33 matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Ye because they’re so simple to counter they are undefeated in their last 33 matches.
    Conceded 3 goals in 2 years.

They look comfortable however they’re playing, I don’t think there are easy answers. They cut through Spain several times in like 3 passes from the high press.

I think they’ll be too strong for whoever goes through tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    I didn't say it was easy, I said it's the way to counter them.

well, maybe tonight we didn't deserve the final, but we deserved it throughout the whole tournament

on sunday it will be a great match, against England or, why not, Denmark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    well, maybe tonight we didn't deserve the final, but we deserved it throughout the whole tournament

on sunday it will be a great match, against England or, why not, Denmark
    Football is not about deserving, it's about winning. If it were about deserving, we would have devised different methodologies to determine outcomes than human referees or penalty kicks. Victors would be picked at the end by weighing a bunch of statistics together and having an algorithm choose the better side.

Luckily for everyone, this isn't how it goes. You can make 1000 shots at goal and completely dominate the field with 99% possession and never score a goal. If you truly deserved it, you would have more goals than the other side, and that's what makes football great.

It's not about statistics or the beauty of kicking a ball around the pitch, it's about putting the ball inside the net.

People might boo me for this post, especially considering the irony of my country of origin, but hey, tough titty. The sooner people realise this, the faster they can cope.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna put a tenner on Denmark winning the whole thing by the way, because why not?

The beer is chilled and I'm ready for whatever the night bring's!

I am so ready for this.

Will be rooting for Denmark here. Totally cannot stand the arrogant English media and players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

I have a feeling Danmark can win this. Hoping for a good game and a little bit of extra love to my nordic brothers

Christ, the English spectators......