Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dominatedd View Post
    water isn't wet.
    What is wet though )))))
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by The Offbeat View Post
    Yeah, man, those Worgens, Nelves, belves, humans and Vulpera sure weeb all up over WoW. Same **** indeed
    Bro not same thing, you can't compare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What is wet though )))))
    If water comes into a contact with a material, then you can call it wet, but water is not wet, it will cause wetness though.

I don't get why people make fun of the OP. It's 100% why I don't want to play it.

Bro not same thing, you can't compare.
    Explain please to a simple man like myself, how does a vulpera or Worgen not appeal to a furry, how is a Belf not a skinny lady. How is the nelf architechture not influenced by old japanese. I mean I know it's not as heavily influenced as say.. Doma or Kugane in ffxiv. But it took two expansions for FF to get there while WoW had it from the start.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Guys i don't know about you but i think water is just too damn wet. Just me?
    Ign agrees

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Everything from the art and the cut scenes is just way too japanese for me. Does anyone else feel this way?
    I don't know how to tell you this... but it's a Japanese game. made by a Japanese company.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Only played ARR yet? Or the expansions too? I feel like ARR is plagued with these tropes, but it became way better in Stormblood and later on.
    Played the MSQ through all expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't know how to tell you this... but it's a Japanese game. made by a Japanese company.
    So is Resident Evil, and yet it ever used western style art and setting. And apart from that, OP isn't asking why it looks that way, he states that this is why it isn't appealing to him.

Explain please to a simple man like myself, how does a vulpera or Worgen not appeal to a furry, how is a Belf not a skinny lady. How is the nelf architechture not influenced by old japanese. I mean I know it's not as heavily influenced as say.. Doma or Kugane in ffxiv. But it took two expansions for FF to get there while WoW had it from the start.
    Probably the roots of each company.

Square Enix is literally Japan, so no wonder FFXIV have many roots from Japanese culture

Blizzard is an american company at its core.

2nd is the graphics.

The models of those nelf archithcure does resemble Asia and I guess you can say vulpera or worgen look like furries, but you then again, you can argue that worgen resemble walking dogs (animal) and vulpera??? idk , but the point is FFXIV has it everywhere and it is noticeable whereas in WoW, its hardly there.

My andecdote. I played the game for 15 years and today I learnt that n elf archiecture resembles Asia in a way.

Ugh. I'm so sick of steak. It tastes just like meat every time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ugh. I'm so sick of steak. It tastes just like meat every time.
    lemme rephrase that for you...

I am sick of steak, because it tastes like a cow...

Probably the roots of each company.

Square Enix is literally Japan, so no wonder FFXIV have many roots from Japanese culture

Blizzard is an american company at its core.

2nd is the graphics.

The models of those nelf archithcure does resemble Asia and I guess you can say vulpera or worgen look like furries, but you then again, you can argue that worgen resemble walking dogs (animal) and vulpera??? idk , but the point is FFXIV has it everywhere and it is noticeable whereas in WoW, its hardly there.

My andecdote. I played the game for 15 years and today I learnt that n elf archiecture resembles Asia in a way.
    Maybe that's more a sign of your own ignorance then? Now I'm actually not here to tell you that WoW is more japanese than FFXIV, because yes that'd be dumb. But 14 has more of a European design in its first iteration and expansion. The storytelling in itself is more eastern-styled. And sure you can go Uwu-catgirl should you wish so. But it's far from the only option.

As for arguing that worgen resemble walking dogs.. Now I'm not an expert on the furry community but werewolves sounds like a thing that'd be a goshdarn hit there. .. I also don't think it's an exclusively asian/weeb thing. Again, not an expert and I'm not sure I want to google it because lord knows what'll pop up to scar my innocent eyes.. But furries have been around for longer than anime/weebs have.

Maybe that's more a sign of your own ignorance then? Now I'm actually not here to tell you that WoW is more japanese than FFXIV, because yes that'd be dumb. But 14 has more of a European design in its first iteration and expansion. The storytelling in itself is more eastern-styled. And sure you can go Uwu-catgirl should you wish so. But it's far from the only option.

As for arguing that worgen resemble walking dogs.. Now I'm not an expert on the furry community but werewolves sounds like a thing that'd be a goshdarn hit there. .. I also don't think it's an exclusively asian/weeb thing. Again, not an expert and I'm not sure I want to google it because lord knows what'll pop up to scar my innocent eyes.. But furries have been around for longer than anime/weebs have.

Ignorance? pretty sure not, since in school they teached me about different cultures and those structures in Asia were familiar to me, its just I didn't notice it in WoW, since they are resemlbe them, but not 100% same and the cartonish graphics also made it harder for me to spot, then again I wasn't even looking intentionally.

I mean what worgen resemble is at this point pretty much subjective, some would say walking wolfs or dogs or furries, whatever.

Point is, FFXIV has uber amount of japanese culture reference comparing to WoW, that what we atleast agree with.

Ignorance? pretty sure not, since in school they teached me about different cultures and those structures in Asia were familiar to me, its just I didn't notice it in WoW, since they are resemlbe them, but not 100% same and the cartonish graphics also made it harder for me to spot, then again I wasn't even looking intentionally.

I mean what worgen resemble is at this point pretty much subjective, some would say walking wolfs or dogs or furries, whatever.

Point is, FFXIV has uber amount of japanese culture reference comparing to WoW, that what we atleast agree with.
    I mean you would be somewhat right but then Pandaria happened too.

ANYWAYS, we're talking definitions here. Worgen or Vulpera are by actual definition more furries than the catgirls in FF. Which only takes on small features of fur and the same amount of Furry as say.. the Hrothgar (big burly catbros.) Again, not an expert but I think a guy in a fursuit/fully covered in fluff would be more of a furry than some chick with ears and a tail.
    Last edited by The Offbeat; 2021-07-18 at 03:13 PM.

I wish.

If anything, it's less Japanese than it should be on many fronts. Sure, we go to the equivalent of fantasy Japan but we're only there briefly.

The easiest solution for me when I don't like a game is just to not play it. I suppose one day I might elevate to the tier of "now.. lets go to the forums and bitch about it and try to make everyone else feel the same" but.. for now.. no. I will just not play games I don't like and play the ones I do and deal with the in-betweens.

Can't believe this Japanese game has Japanese culture and has so many Japanese aesthetics and Japanese things. You'd think it was Japanese. Why can't they make it more Western and not Japanese? Why can't this game just be more like that other game that I play, and is not Japanese, which I dislike? I bet if I complain on the forums, that'll make them un-Japanese their game.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I mean you would be somewhat right but then Pandaria happened too.
    Well, Blizzard was trying to tap into that Asian market/audience. Don't blame them from financial point of view.

But then again, Blizzard took many inspirations from different cultures, but the key difference is that they still made it feel like a Warcraft game?

FFXIV still feels like a it was developed in Asia, the skinny males with long hair styles and big swords, flashy animations, it feels like an Aion game which was also developed in Asia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I never really understood this. What does "Japanese" even mean in this context? Would people even use that as the description if it wasn't a game produced in Japan?

Is it just because cat-people exist or something? Is that it?

Feels like an extremely low-effort complaint, honestly.
    I think it doesn't feel like Japanese, but it feels like a game was from Asia, which it is.

Well, Blizzard was trying to tap into that Asian market/audience. Don't blame them from financial point of view.

But then again, Blizzard took many inspirations from different cultures, but the key difference is that they still made it feel like a Warcraft game?

FFXIV still feels like a it was developed in Asia, the skinny males with long hair styles and big swords, flashy animations, it feels like an Aion game which was also developed in Asia.
    Ah yes them skinny males, with their long fanciful hair. (not saying they don't exist, but Belf Males exist too. You can choose what you play though.)

Flashy animations I can't deny of course. But that's par for the course for FF

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Everything from the art and the cut scenes is just way too japanese for me. Does anyone else feel this way?
    O h w o w you mean to say a game made by a Japanese company is “too Japanese”?!?!

I just…