Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    During all this time they served Elune not the other way around and now that it is her turn to do her "job" this happens.

The choice is out of place.
    Tyrande could lose all of his powers to save the forest and then continue to seek Justice.
    It's another thing that is just a bit off, why isn't Malfurion saving the forest? Tyrande doesn't have anything to do with the forest specifically, it's the people that has always been Elune's focus and the priesthood. The people had to live in the forests without the magic to rebuild their civilization because they were preventing the legion from returning. While they love nature, their concern was never the forest, it was the druids, they'd guard and defend it, but it's the people they're concerned with.. it's either a mis-characterisation/representation or a shift in the purpose and point of both the priesthood and Elune to turn them into forest based entities eroding their original portrayal.

This shift from the people to the forest is a change and a shoe horning, , you already have druidism established, but why isn't it the centre stage of the story concerning saving the forest?

While it is quite possible to have a different story and set of people involved, I mean, the choice of Tyrande and Elune instead of Malfurion and Aessina seems to me shoe horning and pandering.

Look, I wanted Tyrande to have more screen time, i found the night warrior presentation quite cool in teh quests and videos, especially the fight with Sylvanas, yet there is too much off about it.

The way Elune is revealed and the theme she is handled over - the forest? , nothing about the well and the arcane?
    The normal powers of Elune have never been showcased properly in wow for the night elves and they jumped straight to the Night warrior
    They seem to be ignoring a core part of the night elves connected to Elune and centred around her - the night elf civilization was not just a pure arcane thing of the highborne (to think so ignores the totallity of the story and the priesthood's role) - leave that for the high elves and pure Highborne communities, it was every bit as much and in fact originally priesthood led, that great night elf civilization is Priesthood pioneered even though it is Azshara that enhanced the development to the height we had.. that part is also totally ignored by this. [because blizzard don't do detail!]
    We also not seeing the forest itself properly in here, the power of the Emerald dream and the World tree was never brought to bear properly since all this started in 7.3.5 pre patch, it's like Malfurion and the forest once again were totally week and though the night elves lost and it's fine to have the Night warrior emerge, the lack of the power of the other forces the night elves can use like the Emerald dream and the world trees is baffling.. this is what I don't like

The sentinels and huntresses are not shown to wield the mastery that the lore hints at, but instead need the night warrior ritual for the horde when it wasn't even invoked for the more dangerous, more disastrous and more genocidal original legion invasion - with no explanation given as to how.
    The Well of Eternity, which post legion has no reason not to be used, is also the other power source untapped - and granted yes, it can now be employed both to rebuild or build new cities as well as restore the forest and create wonders including empower the night elves to defend their lands with such small numbers -- it is also forgotten and lest we forget this is the heart and centre of the night elf story here, and the number one focus from their genesis, throughout the pre-sundering civilization AND the long vigil.

Who said we didn't find the original story magical and mesmerizing? both the nature and arcane elements? The powerful and mysterious well, the ancient, powerful and magnificent civilization, the elves who call down the stars and moon, and have risen to such heights whether they choose to live humbly in the forests with most of their power and knowledge hidden so people think they're primitives yet they're more wiser and more knowledgeable than the greatest engineers and magicians of the known world (which is a thing i very much like)

None of this is in play, the vast wonders of the race i still think still have a lot ot be shown.

But I appreciate new stuff like the Night warrior - more on the night and Elune was definitely needed, but still a lot of foundation stuff needs to be explained.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-07-30 at 05:21 PM.

Pretty much, the conclusion to this cinematic:

Elune: You can choose between Vengeance or Renewal.
    Tyrande: I choose vengeance!
    Elune: No! bad Tyrande! Vengeance is bad!
    Tyrande: But, you said i have a choice.
    Elune: You do, my child. I'm a generous god. What is it you really want?
    Tyrande: The Banshee's head!
    Elune: No, Tyrande! bad Priestess! Vengeance is not acceptable! only renewal is allowed in these day and age. But, remember, you always have a choice.
    Tyrande: Then... renewal?
    Elune: Good lass. I knew you would make the right choice. Now, go give Sylvanas a hug and a kiss, and i'm expecting to see you two getting along... even hanging out together like good friends.
    Tyrande: Are you serious?!
    Elune: Dead serious. Doesn't it feel good to forgive and forget?
    Tyrande: No. Not really...
    Elune: My work here is done. i'm taking your powers with me. Bye!
    Tyrande:
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-31 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Elune not acting on a mass scale is the only part of this nonsense that doesn't fuck with her lore too much as that would open the can of worms of why she didn't act in the much bigger wars the night elves were a part in. She still acted in the WC3 sense since her followers were still able to attack me with spells while I was chopping down 8 of them for pre-BFA World Quests.
    She didn't need to act on a mass scale for Teldrassil to fuck with her own lore. Because she already did act on an individual scale in the past. All she had to do was to put the same shield she put on Tyrande in the past on Malfurion and there'd be fuck all the Horde could had done at that point. The new bits of trivia about how Elune works on a cosmic scale yet Night Elves are her favorite toys out of all creation make that even more questionable.

And even the part where Tyrande was her favorite and she did not like Malfurion does not fly because she did interfere to save Malfurion in that battle anyway. It's just she saved him from the killing blow. And it's not just the quote about Saurfang's perspective that was already floating around this thread earlier. Sylvanas made an internal remark about Elune's intervention upon learning of Malfurion's survival as well (and that she outright expected her intervention at some point, just a later one). And given how it was later revealed she had inside scoops on cosmic dealings via Jailer, there's an extra weight to her observation on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

here is theory. (thanks to a video)
    since it seems like Light and void are getting war happy lately.

what if Elune is fighting a war in her realm? which make her tired and unable to full help the night elves. she might not be a full power
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

5+ Year Old Account
    WoW players night elf fans : "We want night elfs to be more savage"

very same people later : "Why Elune so savage and not kind god like jesus christ? why she don't saved everyone?"

Savage tribe of elfs having savage unkind goddess more at BBC.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    But it was given to him by Muehzala or something affiliated to the Jailer, in exchange for the eye.
    Right, but the claim was that somehow someone as low as Odyn could. Odyn could only do so due to a deal with the shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    "Yeah... I let all those elves die so the souls would keep you fed so I did help--- wait WHAT! ...they WENT WHERE? .........fuuuuuck, so that was a bad move on my part."
    HAHAHAHAHAHA but that's exactly what has happened. And even in a best case scenario (like "omg that crazy banshee is making a really big BBQ with my favouritest, bestest people... why not send them to my sis, after all?"), we have two choices:

1) Elune didn't know about the souls being sucked by the Maw, so she's an idiot and so is the WQ for not telling her. I mean, it's the one of the first things we as mortals learn in the SL.

2) Elune did know, but she was hoping that those souls would circumvent the Maw... somehow. But how, exactly? It is the Arbiter who supposedly sent each soul to its ultimate destination, and without it, it isn't up to Elune (or to the WQ, for that matter) to choose the point of arrival of all those pretty souls, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i just wanted a god with some freaking common sense. there is a cycle of life and death that has the fuel of anima and has gone undisrupted for MILLENIA (don't know if there is a word for millions of years so thousands will have to suffice) and suddenly there is a drought. instead of checking up on what was causing it, she just kills off her "favorite children" without a second thought.

the greek gods were better than this crap and their believers openly knew the greek gods were fallible.
    At this point, even the freaking Loa of Death looks like a more trustworthy fellow than Elune gurl. At least Bwom pretends to care about the souls in his care.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA but that's exactly what has happened. And even in a best case scenario (like "omg that crazy banshee is making a really big BBQ with my favouritest, bestest people... why not send them to my sis, after all?"), we have two choices:

1) Elune didn't know about the souls being sucked by the Maw, so she's an idiot and so is the WQ for not telling her. I mean, it's the one of the first things we as mortals learn in the SL.
    To be fair, we only have that knowledge because we are part of the souls being sent to the Maw. The rest of the Shadowlands, besides Denathrius and Oribos, are unaware and falling into disarray until we arrive in their realms to clean up and inform them.

At this point, even the freaking Loa of Death looks like a more trustworthy fellow than Elune gurl. At least Bwom pretends to care about the souls in his care.
    he actually does though. if a loa doesn't have followers, they lose massive amounts of power. bwonsamdi may not be someone you can trust, but he IS someone you can count on when it'll benefit him.

I really hope the writer's that get paid to come up with this shit are paid like, $12-18/hr. Because paying someone, or some people, any more than that for this level of garbage would be a tragedy, as well.

Wow.

Bwonsamdi saved exactly one soul, that was Rastakhans. He has been condemmning souls to the Maw since the whole thing started, because he was working with and for Mueh'zala, who has been funneling souls to the Maw for a long time. Bwonsamdi was ignorant of this fact up to a certain point, so it wasn't his fault. The same goes for Elune.

7+ Year Old Account
    there is an old saying of "never trust an elf" also, never trust in their gods

I can already see SL ending: Sylvanas clad in the golden armor sailing into the sunset. Tyrande waves and whispers: “They’ll never know what you sacrificed for them.” :))

15+ Year Old Account
    I think those who do not like this cinematic should watch the Talieasin & Evitel video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jr4aW7uTDhE&pp=sAQA
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    here is theory. (thanks to a video)
    since it seems like Light and void are getting war happy lately.

what if Elune is fighting a war in her realm? which make her tired and unable to full help the night elves. she might not be a full power
    I think its a likely scenario. We players just assume that WE should be Elunes full focus, and that WE should have her full attention and she should know everything about us and our situation. But its possible - even likely - shes busy with a cosmic war on many fronts, and our problems (while big to us) just a small subset of hers. Maybe if we get an Emerald Dream (Realms of Life) expansion, we'll understand her situation better...
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-07-31 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Bwonsamdi saved exactly one soul, that was Rastakhans. He has been condemmning souls to the Maw since the whole thing started, because he was working with and for Mueh'zala, who has been funneling souls to the Maw for a long time. Bwonsamdi was ignorant of this fact up to a certain point, so it wasn't his fault. The same goes for Elune.
    Untrue. Mueh'zala clearly states "Me want Rastakhan and ALL DE OTHER ZANDALARI"

So Bwonsamdi saved all of them from the Maw. At considerable cost to himself. Which is also why the Jailer wants him killed. He seems to have been much more aware of the happenings over there then many others and he also seems to be able to travel between the realms, something neither the WQ nor Elune have demonstrated (Elune spoke through Tyrande, that was her only way)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Lol.......

Let me make it real simple: Teldrassil ( burning happens). In normal times all the night elves that died would have become wisps. But instead they where sent to the shadowlands by elune.

So they where no longer alive. The way you become a wisp is to die :P. My god, that is basic wow.
    You are as dumb as you think you are smart if you couldn't figure what what I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    WoW players night elf fans : "We want night elfs to be more savage"

very same people later : "Why Elune so savage and not kind god like jesus christ? why she don't saved everyone?"

Savage tribe of elfs having savage unkind goddess more at BBC.
    Why would they worship a god that is unkind to them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    I really hope the writer's that get paid to come up with this shit are paid like, $12-18/hr. Because paying someone, or some people, any more than that for this level of garbage would be a tragedy, as well.

Wow.
    Well they are drunk on job so thats explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Untrue. Mueh'zala clearly states "Me want Rastakhan and ALL DE OTHER ZANDALARI"

So Bwonsamdi saved all of them from the Maw. At considerable cost to himself. Which is also why the Jailer wants him killed. He seems to have been much more aware of the happenings over there then many others and he also seems to be able to travel between the realms, something neither the WQ nor Elune have demonstrated (Elune spoke through Tyrande, that was her only way)
    If saving those souls was such a burden, why did he spend his time throughout BFA laughing at us for dying instead of seeking any sort of help in fixing the Maw situation? He literally could have told Rastakhan or Talanji about how much damage the war was doing to the afterlife, but he stayed silent. He also attempts to contractually compel the Horde character to kill a million people, and given that he was still working for Mueh'zala at that time (he continues to refer to "the boss" throughout the max level BfA quests), that's just providing more fuel to the Jailer and his forces. That seems far worse than inadvertently sending souls to the Maw when trying to deliver them to Ardenweald instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Elune can't skip Oribos due to the logistical way the afterlife works.
    Can't she?
    I guess it would make a great example of show, don't tell. I don't get how she can tamper with the sorting process though, assumed Elune could just send them to Ardenweald, but for the burned to end up in the Maw then Oribos has to be a stop in the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    YMMV as to whether she made the right decision, but I'd say it was pretty far from a farcical one. It would be a decision that would give most people considerable pause.
    She already chose.
    Tyrande chose vengeance and got her powers removed in her moment of extreme retribution, but Elune - and not herself - had other plans.
    So in the end Tyrande's choice and ultimate quest for vengeance doesn't matter at all. The line about saving her people is meaningless, it's already being done by the Maw Walker tasked by Ysera herself to do constantly from whatever structure it is north. Perdition Hold? I can't remember.

Tyrande wanted to end her life and take Sylvanas' existance with her. Elune wanted to talk with the Winter Queen and needed her as an avatar to do so, but fancies the idea of Tyrande being alive.
    That's the final takeaway of all the things that happened start to finish with the Night Warrior: a glorified Skype call.