Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty casual now and play other games so I typically will play the patch..clear the raid and do some of the new content and then wait till the next patch drops. My main is sitting at about 220 ilvl and only thing for me to do is normal or higher SoD. Once I clear that once or twice, I’ll take another break. Was only 180 when 9.1 came out. Luckily for casuals like me, they have a decent catch up mechanic so you can skip the shitty grind.
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Unsubscribing after getting CE is a pretty huge dick move.

Every guild has benchers and if my guild benched me for the CE fight and then half the roster quit before I could get CE that would be shit.
    Improve and get off the bench, don't be angry that better players don't want to carry them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I actually forgot about the +20's! So I guess I can do that, haha. Yeah playing till it's not fun seems like the way most people are leaning. I was tempted to go full bandwagon and try FF14 but the website messed me around for 5-10 minutes and that was enough to turn me off.
    +20s shouldnt take you to long too since if you really are CE raider you will have quick access to 252 domination sockets and 252 gear in general . since people are doing 17s at around 235 you will blitz through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I've reached 2k M+ rating and we will have CE in 2 weeks I think. With 9.2 probably atleast 6 months away (I think that is being quite generous too) I will probably unsubscribe then. How much longer will you keep playing and why? What game do you plan to play while Blizzard get their shit together? Legitimately interested.
    My guild usually takes relatively long to get CE, so Icant really say how long. Most likely until we get CE + 2 IDs so everybody in the guild gets it.
    But it will take us multiple months still.

I’m already unsubbed. 9.1 is a massive letdown.

Either until Endwalker releases (yay Oceanic servers), or until the people I play with stop playing. 9.1 is no different for me than any other tier; I play as long as people I enjoy playing with, play.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I am pretty casual now and play other games so I typically will play the patch..clear the raid and do some of the new content and then wait till the next patch drops. My main is sitting at about 220 ilvl and only thing for me to do is normal or higher SoD. Once I clear that once or twice, I’ll take another break. Was only 180 when 9.1 came out. Luckily for casuals like me, they have a decent catch up mechanic so you can skip the shitty grind.
    I never understood this mindset. You gear significantly faster running M+ with friends, than you do from any catchup mechanic.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-08-07 at 02:04 AM.

As long as people keep selling runs with funnels where I don't actually have to learn the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Either until Endwalker releases (yay Oceanic servers), or until the people I play with stop playing. 9.1 is no different for me than any other tier; I play as long as people I enjoy playing with, play.

I never understood this mindset. You gear significantly faster running M+ with friends, than you do from any catchup mechanic.
    I personally do not enjoy M+ dungeons simply because of the race against the clock mechanic added. I personally think they should remove the timers and just keep the difficulty scale and death punishments. I like to strategize without the need to rush in plain terms.
    Selling myself out below

Progression is far from over and boosting raids is nice gold so i will sub for all of it like usual.

When you’re not poor, you don’t even notice the charge on your statement (every six month charge in my case).

If you have to constantly evaluate whether the paltry monthly sum this game costs per month is worth it, perhaps you should put the games down and better yourself.

I'll be playing for ages. I still have a bunch of alts to level past 50, Covenant campaigns to complete, mog and mounts to collect, Korthia gear to level. So, there's at least 6 months gameplay at my current pace, probably far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I personally do not enjoy M+ dungeons simply because of the race against the clock mechanic added. I personally think they should remove the timers and just keep the difficulty scale and death punishments. I like to strategize without the need to rush in plain terms.
    Timing is a pretty key factor in almost every strategy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    When you’re not poor, you don’t even notice the charge on your statement (every six month charge in my case).

If you have to constantly evaluate whether the paltry monthly sum this game costs per month is worth it, perhaps you should put the games down and better yourself.
    Money has nothing to do with "being worth it" for most people. $15 is nothing, that's true, but not everyone likes spending money on something they're not actually get much (if any) use out of. For me, if I found myself barely playing outside of raid nights I'd just tell the guild I wasn't feeling like playing and stop. When I felt like playing more again, I'd resub. It's really that simple.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was about to get KSM with a group of fairly casual-minded players (such as myself), but dat frat boys party made me reconsider my decision to keep paying them a monthly sub
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Until 9.2 I guess.

I've got stuff to do on my main until October, see if my guild lets me in to a normal raid by then.

After that - have two alts (druid and hunter) to sort out.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Improve and get off the bench, don't be angry that better players don't want to carry them.
    My understanding is that you will always need a bench. You are effectively condemning somebody no matter what.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-08-09 at 02:47 AM.

Our raid team is very causal and not very good, we usually take a while to down heroic so we will be playing for a good while.

i dont played xd ill be waiting.. but i think wow has come to an end

will continue to push Mythic+ rating no matter what. that is what keeps me playing.
    i've gotten keystone master every season since Bfa season 1 and have no plan on stopping now. i actually enjoy this seasonal affix more than last season's.
    Maybe i'll go for cutting edge in tandem with pushing as far as i can.....but no rush. M+ is my focus and i'm currently at 2200 for this season. I love M+

Every guild has benchers and if my guild benched me for the CE fight and then half the roster quit before I could get CE that would be shit.
    this is why everyone that was part of a kill in the same lockout as the one where the final boss gets killed, should all get CE, even tho they didn't participate on the final boss kill.

This would fix this specific issue, but open up a brand new one. make it lot easier to sell CE

So how many kills should it take before you can step aside without guilt? It’s hard to accommodate everyone in a guild