Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are humans on Azeroth natural?

Their muscles are quite big for being human, do they take alchemical drugs to reach this size?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Depends on your definition of "natural" in this context? The humans of Azeroth are evolved/mutated constructs originally created by the Titans, an offshoot of the Vrykul who were themselves of giant proportions relative to humans in real life. So they're likely not completely analogous to real-life humans and have some aspects of their Titanic/Vrykul heritage which could include enhanced musculature as well as a natural proficiency for magic (as the Titans were themselves known for Arcane mastery).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Their muscles are quite big for being human, do they take alchemical drugs to reach this size?
    they are literally the descendants of the vyrkul, no they are not natural. Because the vrykul were the warriors of the titans, they were made to be strong in power and magic, and when they were cursed with flesh they uhh inbred. and wiht that made "smaller" versions of themselves, that they normally killed, but some who felt bad saved their children sending them away, which lead to humans.

Also they were literally made of stone/metal and looked like this before they were made into flesh by yogg sarrons curse of flesh.

Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-08-12 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I would say no. They are titan creations the only native races player can play in wow if memory serves me right are elves, trolls, tauren, goblins. and pandas

I can't tell if you're joking, but it's well described in the Chronicle where Azerothian humans come from.

They're actually deformed Vrykul sent to Tirisfal as a "mercy" rather than being slain outright as a means of culling the weak.

These deformed Vrykul eventually established the Lordaeron kingdom and spread out from there throughout the Eastern Kingdoms.

As far as the Vrykul are concerned, I believe they were originally a race created to serve the titanic keepers in their fight against the old gods.
    They eventually succumbed to the curse of flesh created by Yogg-saron IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Depends on your definition of "natural" in this context? The humans of Azeroth are evolved/mutated constructs originally created by the Titans, an offshoot of the Vrykul who were themselves of giant proportions relative to humans in real life. So they're likely not completely analogous to real-life humans and have some aspects of their Titanic/Vrykul heritage which could include enhanced musculature as well as a natural proficiency for magic (as the Titans were themselves known for Arcane mastery).
    That's an - elegant - idea. Male NE, though, have a similar "Popeye" aesthetic.
    The human Forsaken proportions, OTOH, look a lot like those of RL humans - apart from the bones sticking out, of course.
    Last edited by Raginhari; 2021-08-12 at 12:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I would say no. They are titan creations the only native races player can play in wow if memory serves me right are elves, trolls, tauren, goblins. and pandas
    maghar/Orc= extremly distant children of the titans creations, stone behemoths became the stone gronn, which became the oggron which became ogres which became orcs.

Elves= descendents of trolls, mutated while near the well of eternity
    trolls= the only actual "native race" on azeroth that does not have an explination of where they came from.

Humans- Vrykul who were titan creations, once they became flesh they inbred and made "small vrykul" who were killed for being mutants, but some were allowed to escape and became humans
    Dwarves- Iron/stone dwarves, created by titans, cursed by flesh they became dwarves
    mecha/gnomes- clockwork gnomes, created by the titans, cursed by flesh, became gnomes

Pandaren/vulpera/tauren- empowered offspring of the wild gods, how that works idk. but the fox wild god, panda/racoon? wild god, and bull wild god, highmountain being those given a gift of power.

Worgen- the original worgen again offspring of the wolven wild gods, but then all the other stuff happened they sorta got wiped out, and a curse of the worgen was developed this and that blah blah its a big confusing story cause there is many types of worgen.

goblins- they were a weird dumb ass specieis of random vaguely humanoid creatures that mimron fed kaja'mite to see what it did, and they became goblins, they share a common ancestor with the pygmies.

Undead- obvious.

Draenei/lightforged- natives of their planet, not titan created.

so the only "natives" not created by titans to azeroth are the trolls, and then their descendents the elves, and those who offsprung from the wild gods.
    Pandaren, tauren/highmountain, vulpera, worgen, and trolls, void elves, blood elves, night elves, nightborne
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-08-12 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginhari View Post
    That's an - elegant - idea. Male NE, though, have a similar "Pop Eye" aesthetic.
    The human Forsaken proportions, OTOH, look a lot like those of RL humans - apart from the bones sticking out, of course.
    Night Elves are evolved/mutated Trolls, so they would have some aspects of their Troll heritage in their physiology - perhaps accounting for their proportions and pronounced fangs. Forsaken are wasted by rot and desiccation in undeath, which would bring them a bit closer to a real-life human baseline in terms of their proportions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Worgen- the original worgen again offspring of the wolven wild gods, but then all the other stuff happened they sorta got wiped out, and a curse of the worgen was developed this and that blah blah its a big confusing story cause there is many types of worgen.
    correct me if im wrong, but werent the original worgen just night elf druids that used a form that had a pretty big drawback(namely being unable to tell friend from foe in the heat of blood-rage), and were sealed away in the dream after learning those stuck in said form also had an infectious bite, skip ahead a few centuries to the third war, and enter arugal and the scourge, and arugal's brilliant idea to use the unknown wolf-men he found as troops against the scourge b/c they were sleeping in what was now known as Gilneas, humans were bitten, carriers of the infection got past the wall, quarantine happened, the worgen race as we know it came to be

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazeblade View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but werent the original worgen just night elf druids that used a form that had a pretty big drawback(namely being unable to tell friend from foe in the heat of blood-rage), and were sealed away in the dream after learning those stuck in said form also had an infectious bite, skip ahead a few centuries to the third war, and enter arugal and the scourge, and arugal's brilliant idea to use the unknown wolf-men he found as troops against the scourge b/c they were sleeping in what was now known as Gilneas, humans were bitten, carriers of the infection got past the wall, quarantine happened, the worgen race as we know it came to be
    So like, there were "original worgen" being humanoid wolf people who were offspring of goldrinn, but then after that there was druids who tried to take this from, which made the worgen we know, then yeah that pciks up where you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Even then, of that list, its implied that gobbos and pandaren got "mutated" by something (be it kajamite{old gods?}+mimiron or titan{Vale} juju).
    Elves are also just trolls that got covered in titan blood.
    Tauren are yaungol that got 'Emerald Dream'ed and Well of Eternity'd.

Trolls might legit be the only true-blue, 100% organic, free-range native Azerothian playable race.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2021-08-12 at 01:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Even then, of that list, its implied that gobbos and pandaren got "mutated" by something (be it kajamite{old gods?}+mimiron or titan{Vale} juju).
    Elves are also just trolls that got covered in titan blood.
    Tauren are yaungol that got 'Emerald Dream'ed and Well of Eternity'd.

Trolls might legit be the only true-blue, 100% organic, free-range native Azerothian playable race.
    Tbf, being mutated by the natural forces of Azeroth is still natural. Evolution is a series of mutations/chance and on Azeroth, it's been guided by magical means. Although I'm surprised more trolls aren't shape-shifted after their chosen loa. That certainly happens when your devotion/connection is high enough already, so not seeing it on a larger scale is strange.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves are evolved/mutated Trolls, so they would have some aspects of their Troll heritage in their physiology - perhaps accounting for their proportions and pronounced fangs. Forsaken are wasted by rot and desiccation in undeath, which would bring them a bit closer to a real-life human baseline in terms of their proportions.
    That's the in-universe explanation, I guess.
    I suspect the reality of the 90s is part of it: Small blobs of pixels (WC O&H) asking for the exaggerated art style Sam Didier is known for today. With the low poly count of mid-90's graphics in WC III these images became iconic and brawny men the standard in the Warcraft franchise.

No bulging muscles for vanilla High Elfes or Blood Elfes, though

No race on Azeroth is "natural" as all races have been influenced by titans in some regard or another. Some, like the orcs, dwarves, gnomes, and humans, are descended from titan creations. Others, like trolls and tauren, are manipulations of Azeroth's world soul affecting life on the planet. Even the elementals on Azeroth are not "natural" as they were formed without spirit energy that was absorbed by the world soul.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Source on this? I've never heard of worgen as anything other than the druid wolf form developed during the war of the satyr and forged with the Scythe of Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are 100% human

It’s just that in Warcraft they have a different origin story.

Their physique in game is just an art representation that’s it. You can’t expect all humans in wow to only have 14 faces and 1 body type literally or all blood elves have 2 faces and 1 body type etc.

Every Warcraft game, media will draw them differently. The ones in the movies are identical to us, they didn’t go for people with an identical shape and height now did they.

Game art mechanics is often representative, not literal
    @Aucald

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Game art mechanics is often representative, not literal.
    Except the game's story provides a literal reason why the humans of Warcraft aren't really the same as real-world humans, being that they have a different origin, evolution, and abilities than we do. Art is definitely representative, but the story still explicitly tells us the actual nature and history of WoW's humans as a species.

Except the game's story provides a literal reason why the humans of Warcraft aren't really the same as real-world humans, being that they have a different origin, evolution, and abilities than we do. Art is definitely representative, but the story still explicitly tells us the actual nature and history of WoW's humans as a species.
    yes, but in the warcraft universe, our origin is the false one, and the one blizzzard wrote the correct one.

That's how i view it, so basically our earth exists in the warcraft universe, but we don't know the our real origin, because titans and all that other stuff is real.

Make any sense?

You are right in the real life sense, but in the warcraft universe sense, , it's story is the "truth " of how things are, and so its humans and our humans are the same within that universe. But in reality ofc they aren't, because warcraft is fictional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    yes, but in the warcraft universe, our origin is the false one, and the one blizzzard wrote the correct one.

That's how i view it, so basically our earth exists in the warcraft universe, but we don't know the our real origin, because titans and all that other stuff is real.

Make any sense?

You are right in the real life sense, but in the warcraft universe sense, , it's story is the "truth " of how things are, and so its humans and our humans are the same within that universe. But in reality ofc they aren't, because warcraft is fictional.
    I have to admit, I'm having some issues following you. I don't think a fictional Earth exists in the Warcraft universe as a planet, no; and the fictional humans of the Warcraft universe have their own origin as a species that differs greatly from real-life humans like you and me. How much of that is represented in the art of the game is anyone's guess, but I'm saying that the fact that Warcraft's humans are essentially mutated alien constructs descended from space-giants goes far to explain why they're different from real-life human norms.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking, but it's well described in the Chronicle where Azerothian humans come from.
    its even explained ingame via questline, though only for alliance

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't count titanforged as natives to Azeroth/ The Vrykul were war constructs turned to flesh by Yogg-Saron then Humans are just Vrykul thalidomide babies.
    Me not that kind of Orc!