Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hrmm. Blizzard really seems to not like mods for their games. First WC3: Reforged and now Diablo 2: Remastered. That's kinda shitty. Glad I didn't get excited over playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the "Cosby room" has nothing to do with anything you have been lied to and manipulated

the carpet in that room looked something like this

in the extremely popular tv show he always wore sweaters with that type of design

it was named after a design from the cosby show

it was not named after a rapist because they used the room for rape
    Are you part of Blizzard's legal team? Do you work for Blizzard in general? I guessing no to both of those questions so therefore you can't say with absolute certainty that the room was named for that reason. And considering two of people famous for calling it that room are sexual predators, I'm leaning more towards the reasoning being for Cosby's....other traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No one ever says that, despite you working very hard to prove it right.
    I am, in no way, agreeing with most of what he says but there are actually a lot of people who do make those generalizations he mentioned. Because in the USA it's totally socially acceptable to be a misandrist. The rest of the stuff he's saying....yeah it's pretty clear what his goal was.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I see your point but I think that if and when Blizzard ceases to support D2R, “something” will come to allow playing it in “some other ways” as it happened for WoW private servers before Classic (and I bet even now).
    Certainly it will. But Developers that use the community to fix problems they've created are not really that support worthy, if they exclude the community in the development process before. There are good examples of Devs, which have an open dev process, discuss problem with the community beforehand and that makes me forgive mistakes. Then there's Blizz, that hypes a game, sells tons of preorders and is very secretive about negative changes and only answers when called out for it. If you behave like you can deliver a perfect product without involving your community, then the product better be perfect. Especially if you charge full price for it.
    It's an attitude problem. And Blizzard displays this arrogant behaviour in many of their games.

i dont like what Blizzard has become no i am not part of their legal team my advice to any senior staff who are getting attacked is to bail on Blizzard and follow a career path somewhere else if they can afford it

Jokes > Flirt > Inappropriate behaviour > Sexual Harassment > Sexual Abuse > Rape > Murder

where is sexual predator located in this chain it seems more like Sexual Abuse a criminal act

its important to keep the meaning of these words accurate and not inflate them

also guilt by association is not a good road to go down try to control yourself so innocent people are not attacked
    its never ok to hurt innocent people
    Afrasiabi was confirmed to have been fired because of numerous sexual misconduct complaints. Complaints that pepper his entire career, including when the "Cosby Suite" was a thing. Which means not only was he getting away with being a predator, his male coworkers either looked the other way...or participated. Either way, they are accessories as a result.

this is guilt by association

why do you also say male co-workers... female co-workers could of done exactly the same thing your bias is showing

do you believe he was bringing women into a room filled with other men and sexually abusive towards the woman in front of everyone?

kind of warped view point you have there

people joke and say dumb stuff it doesn't make them guilty

if he did anything wrong the legal system will deal with it
    you're right. There could have been women doing the exact same thing. Complacency can be just as damaging because you are essentially enabling the predator(s). And predators have done far more brazen things so, yes, I think he has. A man with a history of sexual misconduct within a company that does nothing for years? He probably thought he was untouchable and that made him bold.

But you can keep plugging your ears and ignoring the facts. The legal system very rarely does anything to punish sexual predators, men and women alike.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    you're right. There could have been women doing the exact same thing. Complacency can be just as damaging because you are essentially enabling the predator(s). And predators have done far more brazen things so, yes, I think he has. A man with a history of sexual misconduct within a company that does nothing for years? He probably thought he was untouchable and that made him bold.

But you can keep plugging your ears and ignoring the facts. The legal system very rarely does anything to punish sexual predators, men and women alike.
    Heard the term "Skeletons in the closet". Why do you think we've had serial killer dodging the police for years on? Because some people are legit good at playing 2 roles and hiding the bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    Heard the term "Skeletons in the closet". Why do you think we've had serial killer dodging the police for years on? Because some people are legit good at playing 2 roles and hiding the bad one.
    For sure. But this isn't murder. This is brazen sexual misconduct at his work place. The superiors were also male, likely, so it was just constantly swept under the rug until it hit critical mass. Then he got fired because there was no way to easily hide it anymore. But that doesn't excuse the YEARS of complacency.

For sure. But this isn't murder. This is brazen sexual misconduct at his work place. The superiors were also male, likely, so it was just constantly swept under the rug until it hit critical mass. Then he got fired because there was no way to easily hide it anymore. But that doesn't excuse the YEARS of complacency.
    So? How does it change the fact that some people are really great at hiding their true self around friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    So? How does it change the fact that some people are really great at hiding their true self around friends and family?
    The point I'm making is that it's pretty clear Afrasiabi and his cronies DIDN'T hide it. They likely thought they were untouchable because Blizzard kept handwaving away the complaints.

he was punished
    the legal system is taking action

why are you going after innocent people?

what more do you want do you want to see him lynched and deem everyone around him also guilty?
    Um...no. The legal system is doing NOTHING because absolutely no charges have been brought against Afrasiabi to my knowledge. And much like the saying "If there is 1 Nazi and 9 people sitting at a table willingly together, that is a table of 10 Nazis." Complacency is a criminal act if the thing you are complacent with is illegal and you did nothing to stop it. His buddies are accessories or quite possibly offenders as well. And Blizzard not firing him sooner is criminal negligence at the very least.

What I want is a PROPER investigation held by someone that doesn't work for Blizzard or Activision so that criminal charges can be filed instead of just "We fired them, what more do you want from us?"

Um...no. The legal system is doing NOTHING because absolutely no charges have been brought against Afrasiabi to my knowledge.
    To my knowledge, cases of sexual harassment are civil cases, not criminal ones, hence woman that have been harassed have to sue him, not the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    To my knowledge, cases of sexual harassment are civil cases, not criminal ones, hence woman that have been harassed have to sue him, not the state.
    Some sexual harassment cases are criminal but you're right about most of them being civil cases. It depends on the severity of the harassment. Also, forced arbitration prevents ActivisionBlizzard employees from taking issues to court and that's part of why the state of CA has stepped in.

- - - Updated - - -

what was the worst thing he did? you are acting like he was a rapist
    All we know is that he had numerous complaints of sexual harassment against him and that ActBlizz kept sweeping complaints under the rug. Details describing what kind of sexual harassment Afrasiabi committed has been mostly left vague currently. We just know he was fired for multiple sexual harassment complaints over many years. We don't have much more information other than Activision said they fired him for sexual misconduct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot wait for Overwatch's McCree, a completely fictional character that has nothing to do with the recent re-discovery of the damnatio memoriae, to be renamed something idiotic like Shooty Donald or Pew Pew Paul.

Wait, so comming out and telling us that something isn't in now counts as "silently removing"?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Ok, to make it a bit shorter.

D2 today is played in online communities like GameRanger, with moded versions.
    By Removing TCP you can't use mods with others anymore. BNet bans you, by using a mod.
    Mods were not stuff like "Cat heads on barbs"

Mods in D2 where full new acts, bugfixes, new classes

Imagine you get a Skyrim Remaster and on the pre-order list is a point "Mods will still work"
    and then they silently remove it during beta and say it will not be in the final game.

That's what they did.
    It's not their job to support your piracy. lol. If you want to keep playing that, keep playing that. Otherwise buy D2R to play the modern looking D2. This is the biggest non-issue in the history of non-issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wait, so comming out and telling us that something isn't in now counts as "silently removing"?
    Gotta be outraged about everything, that's how this community works lol.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Certainly it will. But Developers that use the community to fix problems they've created are not really that support worthy, if they exclude the community in the development process before. There are good examples of Devs, which have an open dev process, discuss problem with the community beforehand and that makes me forgive mistakes. Then there's Blizz, that hypes a game, sells tons of preorders and is very secretive about negative changes and only answers when called out for it. If you behave like you can deliver a perfect product without involving your community, then the product better be perfect. Especially if you charge full price for it.
    It's an attitude problem. And Blizzard displays this arrogant behaviour in many of their games.
    Where did Blizzard ever say they thought they could deliver a perfect product? They never said that. There is arrogance here, but it isn't Blizzard. It's the player who thinks the dev should bow down to them and kiss their ring.

Purge them all.

Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    *snip*
    Heresy detected!

Blizzard continues to lie and break promises. Why buy their flawed products? All they do is hype and then just before release remove a lot of stuff that people love, releasing only a hollow husk of a game.

Blizzard is a scam company nowadays.

First Warcraft 3 Reforged, now this. And people were looking up to Diablo 2 Remastered fixing the mistakes of WC3R, what a big dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Where did Blizzard ever say they thought they could deliver a perfect product? They never said that. There is arrogance here, but it isn't Blizzard. It's the player who thinks the dev should bow down to them and kiss their ring.
    Blizzard isn't arrogant? Let me remind you of "Don't you have phones?"