Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It was a great game 20 years ago. Imagine paying 40 dollars for Civilization today. It was the dogs bollocks back in the day, but there are even better freeware games today.

I don't like this style of games? What? I do like ARPGs. Diablo II even with upgraded graphics is a shit game in 2021.

You love your little nostalgia trip? Fine. But what is stupid is that someone is actually claiming this is a great game by today's standards.

And the price is ridiculous for what the product is.
    Yes yes. New good, old bad. Go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nah, I think the drop rate is unusually high right now. It's happening in multiple sessions and character for me and others. You are not typically decked out in full rares, unique, and accessories before Act 2. Even though the drops are random.
    half of people will get better than average drops. thats how statistics works. stop having ape brain and think about what youre saying.

Diablo II even with upgraded graphics is a shit game in 2021.
    That's your opinion. Cool.

But what is stupid is that someone is actually claiming this is a great game by today's standards.
    The only thing that matters in video games, is gameplay. And that is not opinion. Games are not possible to exist or even be played without gameplay. How you feel about that gameplay is up to you- whatever.

Though if the gameplay is unchanged/altered and is widely considered among the greatest games made by both critics and players; then it stands to reason the criteria of what is "a shit game in 2021" is largely based on your own set of criteria. Which is out of line with others. That is fine. But is stupid.

We won't talk again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    its a great game by any standards.
    No it isn't.
    do you think games just automatically get better over time?
    No.
    id much rather play diablo 2 than 3.
    That's your preference.
    hell, id rather play diablo 2 than most games released in the last 5 years.
    Yes, and some people want to drive 100 year old cars. I understand that. But they are not objectively better or even equal to the cars made today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nah, context matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Art improves over the long-term, imo, including games. But a person should still be able to imagine the context in which a good game is first created and how it is fun within that context.

As a millennial I went back and played some classics that were from before my time and I was able to enjoy the majority of them because I wasn't pre-occupied with judging them with 2021 standards.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-14 at 07:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't.

No.

That's your preference.

Yes, and some people want to drive 100 year old cars. I understand that. But they are not objectively better or even equal to the cars made today.

Nah, context matters.
    In d2, you can get gear that gives skills from other classes that completely changes how yours plays. In d3, you get gear that increases the damage of your farts by 10000%. So much fun

15+ Year Old Account
    That's your opinion. Cool.
    Yes, and I pretty much doubt that I'm the only one. We'll see if it thrives or not.
    The only thing that matters in video games, is gameplay.
    For me and you maybe, not to everyone though.
    And that is not opinion.
    Yes it is.
    How you feel about that gameplay is up to you- whatever.
    Didn't you just say it's not an opinion?

Though if the gameplay is unchanged/altered and is widely considered among the greatest games made by both critics and players; then it stands to reason the criteria of what is "a shit game in 2021" is largely based on your own set of criteria. Which is out of line with others. That is fine. But is stupid.
    Car of the year in 2000 won't be car of the year in 2021. Great product then, not anymore - for that price.

We won't talk again.
    Yeah right.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Car of the year in 2000 won't be car of the year in 2021. Great product then, not anymore - for that price.
    only because its 2021, not 2000. this doesnt make the car from 2021 objectively better.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    $40 is a "crazy" amount of money?

I just don't know about people these days.
    It'd be nice if there was a discount if you already owned the old version of the game, but companies don't care about being nice to their customers...

People will be bored of it in a week

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It'd be nice if there was a discount if you already owned the old version of the game, but companies don't care about being nice to their customers...
    We should want them to make a big profit. That's what motivates them to continue and hopefully they'll convert D1 into a 3D game as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    only because its 2021, not 2000. this doesnt make the car from 2021 objectively better.
    It does. The standards have risen so much that a car built in 2000 wouldn't even pass the regulations for fuel economy and safety for a new car today.

I get it that you people like D2. That's fine. But the 40e price tag on it is absurd for what it is. For example, New World costs the same 40e.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So? Sounds healthy to me.

I don't want to play a hack 'n' slash loot pinata game for month after month, a week or two is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And some people will play it for years. That is true of any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    If its anything like before Hammer Pally all the way.
    I've watched a bit of a Sorceress with blizzard and ice blast absolutely owning the place.

I probably shouldn't buy it, looks like the fantastic time waster it was 20 years ago.

It does. The standards have risen so much that a car built in 2000 wouldn't even pass the regulations for fuel economy and safety for a new car today.

I get it that you people like D2. That's fine. But the 40e price tag on it is absurd for what it is. For example, New World costs the same 40e.
    So go play that. Some people like 4-star restaurants. Some people like McDonalds. Some people buy $300 jeans. Some people buy their clothes at Walmart. Who cares? Why is it your business what people spend their money on?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

good point, and new world is utter, barely playable, garbage. whereas d2 is still one of the greatest games of all time. thank for you deftly proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Maybe it's a middle-class problem on my end, I admit. But I don't even think $40 is too much to spend on a weekend lunch.

We went to see Free Guy last night. Tickets were $80 for a family of four after taxes. Parking was $35/hour, so we paid $70 to park basically. Snacks, $60ish more bucks. Dinner after, $180.

The $40 price of Diablo 2 is well and truly nothing in the entertainment sphere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So go play that. Some people like 4-star restaurants. Some people like McDonalds. Some people buy $300 jeans. Some people buy their clothes at Walmart. Who cares? Why is it your business what people spend their money on?
    Do you have any idea what thread you are commenting on?

I'll try the Open Beta, but I'm kinda worried Project Diablo 2 ruined me because splash damage on melee weapons is so good :\
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"