Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So they change a painting I do not really remember ever seeing, but leave in the "Big Love Rocket"?

Wonder how they will rework the Den of Mortal Delights in Black Temple....

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: We plan on stopping the objectification of women.
    Player: Oh cool how will you manage that?
    Blizzard: By turning them into objects

Genius Blizzard, genius lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-09-16 at 08:57 PM.

9.1.5 Additional Changes:

Booty Bay has been renamed to Capitalist Bay.

Seeing more grey vendor trash really makes me want to strangle someone...

10+ Year Old Account
    Those changes aren't about the players.

It's about corporate image and how it may impact the case

Can't decide who's more pathetic.
    The theoretical people feeling insulted by WoW nudity/lewdness, or the crowd bitching and moaning with every removal of some of said lewdness from the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    9.1.5 Additional Changes:

Booty Bay has been renamed to Capitalist Bay.
    hahah what ?

blizzard so so fucking stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    This is honestly both sad and insanely comical at the same time. I truly feel sorry for people living in the US that have to deal with such a puritan view of sexualization of either gender.
    What do you mean? Only one gender gets over-sexualized in the USA. Men are just expected to deal with it while overlooking the *constant* double standards set forth by the other gender and the virtue-signalers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people getting pissed off about this shows that it's 100% necessary.

The only reason any of these topics are changed is due to a need to show a paper trail of changes for a courtroom. They don't care about sexual harassment, they care about the opinion of their shareholders, value of their stock and the support of their sponsors. People will still drink on the job, inappropriately approach women and make sexual advances in the workplace. A couple of in-game painting changes and the "De-sexualization" of visuals in the game isn't going to change a thing. The people that are calling out everyone for pointing that out and saying "You are part of the problem" are the same people that over sexualize themselves, obsess over the support sex work and believe that when they degrade themselves they're "owning" their sexuality but in the same breath will chew you out for noticing the sexuality they themselves are promoting. The one consistent that everyone can find comfort in is literally everyone on both sides are fucking idiots. The people that are triggered, the people triggered by the triggered people and the people that think anything in this world is done for their benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekurm View Post
    Spinning Crane Kick (Rank 2) now increases Spinning Crane Kick’s damage by 18% (was 15%) for each unique target struck with Blackout Kick, Tiger Palm and Rising Sun Kick in the last 20 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times (was 6). ARE THEY FUCKING KIDDING!?!?!!? pvp is ruined already
    Reading sure is hard, isn't it?

I knew the second I saw this, that some idiot would get outraged at it. Thank you for not letting me down.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-09-17 at 01:54 AM.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

I knew the Booty Bay was the huge problem WoW always had and we never suspected it !

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    This puritanical crap is creepy. They actually ruined the painting as well, the woman at least had character mixing nobility with some sort of disdain in her eyes while the new one has a bland face without emotion.
    That is because, as far as I see and understand the painting, it's supposed to depict Lady Katrana Prestor, aka Onyxia, who manipulated her way into basically ruling Stormwind. She definitely WAS disdainful, and it would make sense for her to also be alluring and seductive when she knew that would work to her advantage.
    The new image is not her, at least it does not capture the essence of her character.
    I was gonna say it might be Tiffin Wrynn, but she's blonde, so never mind xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battle updates. Wow maybe this is for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The amount of people getting pissed off about this shows that it's 100% necessary.
    How did you make that train of thought? Since when people complaining automatically mean that they are wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Patch 9.1.5 - wow is officially dead, and blizzard itself killed it

So did California invent a time machine and brought back all the nutjobs from 11th century that used to burn witches on the stake or something?

I love how fantasy games are no longer going to be allowed to be fantasy based. Everything will soon have to be based off of real life "modern values" which means catering to a small minority group that demand everyone in the world walk on eggshells around them. Like people don't understand that the more you take away, the more you kick and scream, the more you shame, the more bitter and angry people you create who at one point were either neutral or on your side but eventually get tired of the constant "we demand this this and this." "You can't make that joke." "You can't find people attractive." This whole covering up and replacing the women just enforces this awful narrative that women should cover themselves up because men can't control themselves and it's all their fault for showing skin. Like... here's an idea, Blizzard. Stop violating your employees and pay them decent wages. People would rather see that then this bare minimum virtue signaling that everyone knows you don't believe in.

I was under the impression there was new management? They seem to be doing the same stupid stuff and making the same sort of decisions. I wonder if night elves will have their racial armor removed because it shows skin and be forced to adopt the current western puritanical cultural values. Because you know, the body is a wicked thing we should all be ashamed of and a race that lives for thousands of years finds skin to be an ultra taboo. As if they're unable to mature or have their own values, believes, and customs. Nope. From now on, all current, past and future races will have to reflect the current political agendas and ideals thus turning something that was once a fantasy game in its own universe into a vehicle that preaches what is socially acceptable.

Soon we won't have any media with any mature content be it violence, sex, drugs, alcohol, complex topics all because those things are always going to be inherently offensive to some and thus nobody is allowed to enjoy and experience them and if you do, you'll be shamed and publicly humiliated. I so love how everyone is just one extreme or the other and god forbid we meet anywhere in the middle.

And to those that will say these changes "don't really matter" you've clearly not been seeing it happen little by little over the years. I mean, they already went back out and took out the "B word" from the Sylvanas and Garrosh interaction despite it being 100% in character for it to have been said. But hell, damn the narrative, can't say mean things to people anymore, even if they're fictional people in a fictional universe... Now it's achievement names, paintings, more words added to filters despite there being a mature language filter in game you as an adult can toggle on and off. You'll certainly never see updated versions of armor sets like mageweave or anything showing skin/cleavage/thigh/etc for either male or females. Because society repressing those things totally doesn't ultimately prove to be a super bad idea.
    Last edited by Nuggsy; 2021-09-17 at 01:54 PM.