10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not at all pirate themed. There are some skins that are pirate-like but the whole appeal of the theme and setting is the continental Americas during the Age of Discovery.

NEW WORLD.
    Wouldn't say not at all. There are certainly some areas that involve shipwrecked zombie pirates and the settlement in First Light looks like what would would think a pirate town would look like. Also, while not directly pirate themed, it is set around the time of the golden age of pirates so much of the look of clothing is similar to what you think of as pirate. Lots of tricorn hats, long coats, and colorful sashes and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    What sort of bullshit justification is that? in order to play the game you HAVE to reroll on dead servers and still wait an hour.
    the server is far from dead but if you're rolling on a super high pop server and bitching about que times you're fucking brainless
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    the server is far from dead but if you're rolling on a super high pop server and bitching about que times you're fucking brainless
    And if you rolled thursday on an empty server and the server has queues now, what should you do? Reroll until you don't have queues, losing all the progress done?

10+ Year Old Account
    So far since release i've spent longer in queues than in game, doesn't help my internet is patchy and it doesn't save your slot for like 5minutes or something :/

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    And if you rolled thursday on an empty server and the server has queues now, what should you do? Reroll until you don't have queues, losing all the progress done?
    You quit until AGS gets their shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You quit until AGS gets their shit together.
    That's a totally plausible scenario on a pvp-centric game.

Might as well quit the game if one's option is to deliberately fall behind other players lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So far since release i've spent longer in queues than in game, doesn't help my internet is patchy and it doesn't save your slot for like 5minutes or something :/
    I have played about 3-4 hours total this weekend due to queue. Each time I tried to log on, the queue was insane. Last 3 nights I have logged on about 19:00 and gotten in around 22:00. By that point im already getting tierd and since I gotta get up early in the morning, I wont bother anymore.

I wont even bother logging the next 7 days. Might pop in and check queues, but I expect it taking some time.

That said, the game aint that bad. So i'll keep the game

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Wouldn't say not at all. There are certainly some areas that involve shipwrecked zombie pirates and the settlement in First Light looks like what would would think a pirate town would look like. Also, while not directly pirate themed, it is set around the time of the golden age of pirates so much of the look of clothing is similar to what you think of as pirate. Lots of tricorn hats, long coats, and colorful sashes and such.
    Okay, that's a fair POV then. I was thinking along the lines of Black Flag or Sea of Thieves. But, you're right.

I have 80 hours played so far. 15 of that is probably queue time. I really like it, but end game is pretty much only pvp. They’re going to have to release some substantial pve end game stuff by the end of the year or most people are going to start quitting. There are also bugs out the ass and the fast travel system is kind of annoying. The way I see it, the game has the potential to have huge staying power and could rival WoW. Or it could be completely dead in a year. It all depends on how quickly the devs are able to flush out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    I have 80 hours played so far. 15 of that is probably queue time. I really like it, but end game is pretty much only pvp. They’re going to have to release some substantial pve end game stuff by the end of the year or most people are going to start quitting. There are also bugs out the ass and the fast travel system is kind of annoying. The way I see it, the game has the potential to have huge staying power and could rival WoW. Or it could be completely dead in a year. It all depends on how quickly the devs are able to flush out the game.
    Ya, I agree the fast travel system is needlessly annoying.

They also really need to update what their future plans are in the very near future. Like this week, while they still have peoples attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Ya, I agree the fast travel system is needlessly annoying.

They also really need to update what their future plans are in the very near future. Like this week, while they still have peoples attention.
    I'm thinking it was balanced around the fact that the game was originally supposed to be a full loot pvp game and they didn't want people just teleporting all over the place at will. And yeah, a roadmap is pretty much essential at this point. Then again, I've been following this game for a long time and the devs are incredibly stubborn so who knows what they're going to do.

I'm thinking it was balanced around the fact that the game was originally supposed to be a full loot pvp game and they didn't want people just teleporting all over the place at will. And yeah, a roadmap is pretty much essential at this point. Then again, I've been following this game for a long time and the devs are incredibly stubborn so who knows what they're going to do.
    Seems to me like a big part of that is to kinda encourage you to gather and shit while getting to/from teleport stations. It allows you to engage with the world a bit and go off the road a bit to get some rare materials that pop up on your compass. I do miss easy fast travel, but it very much seems like they want to preserve some slower gameplay.

And yet the guy you quoted said so himself the server was dead and now it isn't, you honestly think servers stay dead for long when people are waiting 5 hours each time? no, they will join the low pop servers and bump up the queues. Now who is fucking brainless?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if I rolled on an empty server and now cannot access my character when I want to play because there's a queue of thousands? Should I start anew or should I say "fuck you" for even making me think about it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seems to me like a big part of that is to kinda encourage you to gather and shit while getting to/from teleport stations. It allows you to engage with the world a bit and go off the road a bit to get some rare materials that pop up on your compass. I do miss easy fast travel, but it very much seems like they want to preserve some slower gameplay.
    Once you get a house you can fast travel from where ever.

You just pay a small azoth fee to reset the house cooldown.

It’s more just an annoyance having to fast travel twice (more often than not) from where your house is and spend the extra azoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    um, no? not even remotely similar.
    had to try it myself

it's albion

The endgame is also crafting since its very important to get gear, there will be more expeditions and maybe even larger scale PvE dungeons, atm its gonna take the average person 1 month to get to max level at least.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I leveled to 20 and I have seen enough.
    Combat is fun but rest is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    And when will those expeditions and larger scale PvE dungeons come? As I said in my last post, I am 60 now and so far endgame is absolutely terrible.
    I will definetly stop playing until they deliver some real content, the crafting as endgame is not good, not even for casuals, believe me.
    I will come back when no other game hooked me then. But I don't believe empty promises. I learned too much from literally every game out there. I still don't get why overhyped guys fall for that every time.
    Enjoy the game as long as you can in the way you play it, but don't believe those promises. So far the game ends at 60 pretty much, esepcially for non casual gamer like me.
    There is plenty endgame and activity currently, Elite areas are essentially outside dungeons you can farm so there is plenty to do PvE wise currently, and you require at least 100 hours of gameplay and you might not even be max level at that point unless you really focus on leveling, only a small amount of players are currently max level.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is plenty endgame and activity currently, Elite areas are essentially outside dungeons you can farm so there is plenty to do PvE wise currently, and you require at least 100 hours of gameplay and you might not even be max level at that point unless you really focus on leveling, only a small amount of players are currently max level.
    "You can kill the same enemies in these elite areas over and over, so the PvE endgame is basically endless" is one heck of a cope.