Poll: Dou you lean Right or left?

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Religion is not a sanctioned topic for discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    right on cue as well...
    It's suuuuuuper sad we have to explain to someone that at least two parties are responsible for a pregnancy. I mean....yikes. Guess it's just more proof we need better sex ed in the states.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even sure I should reply to something that seems like baiting(?), but you are assuming I implied something I did not. Just because the woman carries partial responsibility for her choices, does not mean that the man does not.

If you're truly pro-choice, you must also understand that responsibility plays a part. Choice can not exist without responsibility.

And again, I'm not against abortions myself up to maximum 20 weeks, and with exceptions after that (Socio-economic, criminal, trauma, health reasons, etc.)
    There is no obligation or responsibility that a pregnancy be taken to term.

None.

It's a nonsensical fiction invented to try and justify oppressing women. Nothing more. There is no reason I should entertain your imaginary nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Rochana's evolution over the last few years has certainly been interesting. Shame about the current form being taken.
    lol
    I tried to read those posts but it's absolute tosh.
    Still seems like you're just making it up as you go along Roch.
    I feel like I'm reading lots of words, but they have no point.
    I usually like to engage if I can but with you it's always nothing.
    Like zero substance.
    Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Rochana's evolution over the last few years has certainly been interesting. Shame about the current form being taken.
    It wasn't an evolution, it was simply a matter of which lie needed to be told. Political arsonists will lie about anything, because their entire goal is to cause strife and division.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flawed poll.

My direction is down to the issues but according to tests, I tend to be very central.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Aren't you an anarcho-communist? You might want to look into what the communal part there actually means. If you think it means just doing whatever the fuck you want, you might be sorely mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

If I misunderstood I apologize, but that is also what the american posters seem to be arguing for at least. If they don't allow it then that also at least implies that they understand that choice can't exist without taking responsibility for your choices.

This map shows how polarized the USA tends to be, in my opinion. Ever forgetting that there is a middle ground:

Got a direct link to that data? It conflicts with abortion legality maps on wikipedia which it claims as a source, doesn't show how they derived "calculations" for "on demand/on request," and entries for "on demand abortion" or "on request abortion" don't exist on wikipedia. When you deep dive into footnotes, you get to a spreadsheet where the entry for the United States and "on request (weeks)" shows "_" which in the key "indicates that data are not available, not applicable, or not specified."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    right on cue as well...
    Wait, 'women impregnate themselves' and get abortions 'every few months' for fun isn't pro-woman? (Tell me you know zero about accessing abortion--or women--without telling me etc., etc.)
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2021-10-09 at 12:13 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    neither is abortion but you let that go on lol...
    Abortion here is more a proxy for the misogyny inherent in right wingism in general.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Flawed poll.

My direction is down to the issues but according to tests, I tend to be very central.
    No it doesn't. You aren't central you're an opportunist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah, I guess opportunists might be a good tag in the book. You do not have to lean completely right or left, there are thousands of topics in and about human society, business, financial, health, education, development, etc, that you cannot 100% stay left or right - unless you're an extremist. And I guess, with recent tests of political direction, I am marked almost dead center, of course, slightly more left on the majority of the questions, but there are some right-leaning answers too.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-10-09 at 02:33 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That doesn't even make any sense.

Being a centrist doesn't necessarily mean you are moderate or a pragmatic. I think it may be a common misconception that radicals can only exist on the left or the right side of the political spectrum. The political spectrum is also utterly complex in reality, the left/right and liberal/authoritarian axis are just two dimensions and I think in reality there are many more dimensions to a belief than just those two.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, I guess opportunists might be a good tag in the book. You do not have to lean completely right or left, there are thousands of topics in and about human society, business, financial, health, education, development, etc, that you cannot 100% stay left or right - unless you're an extremist. And I guess, with recent tests of political direction, I am marked almost dead center, of course, slightly more left on the majority of the questions, but there are some right-leaning answers too.
    The short of it is like I told someone else, you are either left or right politically, that is just how it is. It is dependent on the issue, or the tie of party members, and being left or right doesn't exclude anyone from being wrong or a horrible person.

Leaning left or right might have something to do with an over all political ideology, not random.

I am liberal and left, but I support owning gun responsibly, some on the left and liberal are for banning them all right out, as far apart on this one issue as some might be that wouldn't suddenly make the whole of who I am suddenly right. That's also alright.

As for being in the center that is alright too, say the conflict with Israel and Palestinians I can see someone with no dog in the fight per say being centrist, however once you've educated yourself about the goings on you really can't be, not unless you're an opportunist.

Meaning if you are going to say you are centrist then you are truly neutral the problem is overall you can't call yourself that, because ignorance isn't the same as being objective and uninvolved.

In politics YOU ARE involved whether you want to be or not. People complain and bitch about too much politics, and personally I don't think one can ever be too political. Nothing that effects your life in a real way that matters is more important than politics especially when it does relate YOU.

Which is why I called you an Opportunist, because you can't be objective or unbiased about the events and situations that directly effect your life, because that would simply be stupid.

Oh, I legit wasn't aware of that rule. I knew about religion and race etc, but that one is new for me.
    Yeah, you'll have to get your bullshit propaganda graphics on other topics, but seeing as that's your jam, it shouldn't be too challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Being a centrist doesn't necessarily mean you are moderate or a pragmatic. I think it may be a common misconception that radicals can only exist on the left or the right side of the political spectrum. The political spectrum is also utterly complex in reality, the left/right and liberal/authoritarian axis are just two dimensions and I think in reality there are many more dimensions to a belief than just those two.
    This is why I call them opportunist, some individuals really don't give a shit about anything UNLESS it directly involves them. I am liberal and left shutting someone down simply disagree with I am not a fan of, however throwing someone's racist sexist, and Homophobic ass off a private platform hell yes.

Discriminating against someone based on their race, age, sex or orientation, not I am never ok with that. Discriminating someone who has made a choice to be a white supremacist or any kind of supremacist, fuck them.

As for anything non political if you like Onions I hate you and your Damn Onions, but my opinion is as far as I am going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Why have things always to be bipolar... Binary... Call it whatever you wish. The world isn't blak and white, and it doesn't resume always to a yes or a no. All of this to say i am a centrist. I don't believe that all things from left/right are always good or bad. There are good and bad things in both sides and we can actually mix them.
    Sometimes Left, sometimes right, sometimes centre. Thats what I lean on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Sometimes Left, sometimes right, sometimes centre. Thats what I lean on.

So if a judge asks which sentence you prefer for punishment you can have being shot in the face, or hit with a cotton pillow, since you think there should be a 3rd option you can be hit with a pillow full of bricks, which do you prefer?

So if a judge asks which sentence you prefer for punishment you can have being shot in the face, or hit with a cotton pillow, since you think there should be a 3rd option you can be hit with a pillow full of bricks, which do you prefer?
    wtf man? Cant I have different tastes in my taste/preferences in politics?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    there is a reason the political compass goes from left to right and up and down. everyone seems to ignore the implications of the top and bottom half's of the compass, for some reason. probably because most self proclaimed "centrists" sit near the top of the compass.

That's your analogy for that?
    It makes zero sense.

I can't tell if you're suggesting that picking anything at anytime from the right is the same as being shot?
    Or are you claiming there shouldn't be a 3rd option?
    Like the analogy doesn't work in any form lol

One party is a cotton pillow and the other is a shotgun?
    This is your response to them talking about things not being black and white?

So if you're fiscally conservative, that's picking being shot in the face?